PDA

View Full Version : transponder key for fn2

SaiHayashi
03-06-2009, 02:29 AM
hi aii,

months before i was messing around with the key and eventually blew the circuit.
now i need to buy a replacement for backup.
i asked the dealer and quoted me $250 for the key. way too expensive :thumbdwn:
So does anyone know where i can get the transponder at a lower price in sydney?
basically all i need is a transponder for fn2.
Thanks.

Kelvin

Note: I live around Hurstville, NSW.

ekdez
03-06-2009, 12:21 PM
but the $250 accounts for the brand new key, the key being cut, the micro chip being put in it and such... cos each new key has a unique code which unlocks the immobilisers..

havent you got a spare key LOL?

SaiHayashi
03-06-2009, 01:42 PM
but the $250 accounts for the brand new key, the key being cut, the micro chip being put in it and such... cos each new key has a unique code which unlocks the immobilisers..

havent you got a spare key LOL?

well its the spare key that i fried up.
and i was trying to mod it into flip key. :o
the thing is i have a cutted key already.
all i need is a transponder

Fung
03-06-2009, 07:11 PM
hey~~ i live in Hurstville too~~

but yeah each key comes up a unique chip and it identifies/matches the code in the engine (thats what my dealer told me, i have a 09 civic) which unlocks the immobiliser on yer engine, i dont think you can go out to any random shop and get a replacement...speaking of they've made it look so high tech

oniononline
03-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Try Mr Minit, they does programmed keys, if they can't do it, bad luck, Honda would be the only choice.

SaiHayashi
03-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Try Mr Minit, they does programmed keys, if they can't do it, bad luck, Honda would be the only choice.

they sell transponder unit?

SaiHayashi
03-06-2009, 09:21 PM
hey~~ i live in Hurstville too~~

but yeah each key comes up a unique chip and it identifies/matches the code in the engine (thats what my dealer told me, i have a 09 civic) which unlocks the immobiliser on yer engine, i dont think you can go out to any random shop and get a replacement...speaking of they've made it look so high tech
as long as u can find the same FCC ID u can programme the chip to correspond to your own engine.

ummm.... do u drive a silver FN2 living close to The Ave?

AusAccord
03-06-2009, 10:35 PM
i'm also interested to know where in Sydney can get a transponder as i'm stuck in modding the flip key too

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113340

SaiHayashi
03-06-2009, 11:40 PM
i'm also interested to know where in Sydney can get a transponder as i'm stuck in modding the flip key too

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113340

u can try ebay for one.
i cant bcoz my transponder unit for some reason is not popular.

oniononline
04-06-2009, 11:39 AM
they sell transponder unit?

Google is your friend :)

1 sec result:
http://www.mrminit.com.au/detailsnews.php?news_id=8

Why a Transponder Key?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A cost effective, reliable way of ensuring only authorised keys can be used to start the vehicle. This is then an additional security measure, over and above the physical keys and locks usually found on cars.

The MINIT range of transponder keys are extensive and cover all types required by the customer.

Mister MINIT has an ongoing commitment to ensure we have the latest technology and the means to provide a superior key duplication service.In support of technology, all our team members are highly trained and accredited in the automotive key duplication.

Mister MINIT's service offers our customers a one-stop service, which is convenient, cost effective and reliable.

No need to go back to your vehicle manufacturer or dealership for extra keys. MINIT can duplicate and clone a large variety of Transponder/Immobilizer Keys

What do you need to do?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bring your key to Mister MINIT with the make and model of your vehicle. Our qualified operators will check your key and advise if they are able to duplicate it

However...Honda is not listed in their manufacturer, but it does say contact your local dealer for other car makers. Good luck mate, and use the website to find the nearest store.

SaiHayashi
04-06-2009, 02:58 PM
http://www.mrminit.com.au/dev1.1/images/upload/Makes%20and%20Models.jpg
doesnt say it can do honda keys
but thx ill still give it a try

Google is your friend :)

1 sec result:
http://www.mrminit.com.au/detailsnews.php?news_id=8

Why a Transponder Key?

A cost effective, reliable way of ensuring only authorised keys can be used to start the vehicle. This is then an additional security measure, over and above the physical keys and locks usually found on cars.

The MINIT range of transponder keys are extensive and cover all types required by the customer.

Mister MINIT has an ongoing commitment to ensure we have the latest technology and the means to provide a superior key duplication service.In support of technology, all our team members are highly trained and accredited in the automotive key duplication.

Mister MINIT's service offers our customers a one-stop service, which is convenient, cost effective and reliable.

No need to go back to your vehicle manufacturer or dealership for extra keys. MINIT can duplicate and clone a large variety of Transponder/Immobilizer Keys

What do you need to do?

Bring your key to Mister MINIT with the make and model of your vehicle. Our qualified operators will check your key and advise if they are able to duplicate it

However...Honda is not listed in their manufacturer, but it does say contact your local dealer for other car makers. Good luck mate, and use the website to find the nearest store.

Fung
04-06-2009, 10:45 PM
as long as u can find the same FCC ID u can programme the chip to correspond to your own engine.

ummm.... do u drive a silver FN2 living close to The Ave?

nah i drive a 09 white civic, we could meet up sometime...
theres a few FD owners in Hurstville, we should really think abt havin a photo shoot in Hurstville, the underground carpark at The Ave looks pretty good!

SaiHayashi
04-06-2009, 10:55 PM
nah i drive a 09 white civic, we could meet up sometime...
theres a few FD owners in Hurstville, we should really think abt havin a photo shoot in Hurstville, the underground carpark at The Ave looks pretty good!
oh the new one...
now ur on my list o' jealousy.
and u dont have to worry about HIDs
lol i reckon the open car park next to ferguson toyota or even the roof car park of westfield would be nicer.

Fung
05-06-2009, 05:29 PM
oh yeah~? maybe we could do that 1 day =]

in various locations

i saw a done up black FD today at the outdoor carpark near to the ferguson toyota...it looks good, whos is it!

SaiHayashi
05-06-2009, 09:32 PM
oh yeah~? maybe we could do that 1 day =]

in various locations

i saw a done up black FD today at the outdoor carpark near to the ferguson toyota...it looks good, whos is it!
lol exams period for the month!!!
but yea thatll be cool to meet up.

btw yours come with HID doesnt it? im thinking abt getting a washer unit on mine.

ALSO, i've tried mister minit today, they said they cant dup the key. looks like ill have to pay this $250 crap. :thumbdwn:

Fung
05-06-2009, 11:47 PM
nah mine doesnt come with HID....at least not with vti

but the oem headlights are pretty bright...not gonna touch them for a while~

yeah gay exams !!!!!!
i dun want exams

who invented exams!!!ill run him/she/it over!

SaiHayashi
06-06-2009, 02:46 AM
nah mine doesnt come with HID....at least not with vti

but the oem headlights are pretty bright...not gonna touch them for a while~

yeah gay exams !!!!!!
i dun want exams

who invented exams!!!ill run him/she/it over!
i see...
well my headlights are bright when u look into it directly, but the light doesnt shine on the road properly. i need a much condensed light (im kinda blind LOL).

Fung
06-06-2009, 01:58 PM
LOL, yeah do consider that...its dangerous when you cant see at night ><"

SaiHayashi
06-06-2009, 01:59 PM
LOL, yeah do consider that...its dangerous when you cant see at night ><"

i know, thats y im planning to change into HID. :D

AusAccord
07-06-2009, 08:27 AM
found flwg shops, give them a call may be they can help

http://www.asgal.com.au/contact.htm
http://www.quicklocksmiths.com.au/