PDA

View Full Version : civic sports 09

SUS2K
03-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Hey guys i just bought a civic sports 09 model, do you think it's a waste of money to chuck a mugen RR body kit on it? and waste the 3 year waranty. Whats your thought! need some advice. Anyone purchase from www.jspec.com.sg and whats there experience from that company.

Thanks

liquid23
04-06-2009, 12:04 AM
cheapest i have found from s'pore is 1900SGD, haven't asked jspec about their RR kits.

1900 includes
Wheel arches
Front bumper (fog light holders and grille are carbon fiber)
Rear bumper (carbon fiber on the two small strip above the exhaust holes)
Side skirt
Spoiler (type R center is carbon fiber)

Remember it might be cheap but getting it here by sea you need a heck of alot of money to declare.
anything over $1000 you pay 10% GST tax
±$1000 you need to pay handling fee, port fee (make sure product is F.O.B), custom tax, clearance fee by broker, over $1000 need to pay duties which is 5% of purchase price.
GST is calculated after all the top fees are added on top of your purchase price.

eg.
SGD$1900 + (port fees of leaving unless F.O.B) ~$US200 + LCL US$48-75 m³ + (i'm in perth so i pay for fremantle port fee) AU$200-300 + (broker fee) AU$70-160 + delivery to you door AU$90 = probably half the price of your kit or more lol

also they will charge you a certain price to ship over as well but doesn't includes all the fees and charges when it reaches Australia.

Some things are cheaper to send by air even if its more expensive because you don't have to pay for any taxes and it is delivered to you door. (if it is declared less than AU$1000)

SUS2K
04-06-2009, 05:25 AM
Total S$3700.00
parts consists of

RR front bumper
RR front air ductings a pair
RR front foglight holder a pair
RR front foglight a pair
RR front carbon fibre front grille with red emblems
RR bonnet
RR bonnet dry carbon fibre air vent covers
RR side skirts
RR side fender x 8 pieces
RR rear bumper
RR rear bumper 4th brake light LED
RR rear spoiler c/w lip

we provide full wooden box for export shipment price included

Ocean freight to Sydney Australia : S$550.00

Thats how much it's going to cost me, and i have to add GST on top of that? and port fees? O.O Isn't that abit over priced! lol i've never shipped more than anything $1,000+ before, and though the 550$ would of covered all fee and cost of shipping & gst etc etc.

liquid23
04-06-2009, 08:03 AM
haha YES GST + other fees

OMG WOODEN BOX
wooden box = the worse packaging

quarantine will be out check the timber for bugs or any contamination during the shipment from s'pore to you. wooden box means you will be paying like $900 or something stupid to get through quarantine. Basically like the airport.

Packaging for all sea transport should only be in bubble wrap/foam and cardboard. NOTHING ELSE

$550 is the freight from s'pore to sydney and when it reaches to Australia BAM!
customs comes and rapes you :p

ekdez
04-06-2009, 11:29 AM
would be cheaper to fly there and buy it then carry it back (Y)

SUS2K
04-06-2009, 07:00 PM
lol, by raping. how much am i looking at?? O.o roughly?

ganj3
04-06-2009, 07:07 PM
I dont think putting a kit on the car voids the warranty?

liquid23
04-06-2009, 07:26 PM
lol, by raping. how much am i looking at?? O.o roughly?

haha HUGE rape better lube up :p
i imported from taiwan to here. US$215 shipping when it got here i had to pay AU$518 to get it from the port to my house. the products were declared at >$1000AU if not the i would have to pay GST on top of the $518.
You MUST NOT get it in a wooden box if shipping by sea.
I asked jspec, i got a quote for $3800 (how come they charge you $3700? lol)
ship by sea was $400 and by air was $850
i would rather get it ship by air because it arrives to my door step
I would ask them to ship part by part so i can declare it under $1000 instead of the whole thing at the same time.

SUS2K
04-06-2009, 08:26 PM
lol at first they charged me 3,800 i did some bargaining. Really, wouldn't that just cost me more, getting it air one at a time.

Shipping by air, would i still be liable to pay tax's and fee. Because everytime i bought items from oversea's i've never ecountered any tax of any sort. My items were properly 800USD+, and that was by airmail.

liquid23
04-06-2009, 08:56 PM
oh i see haha. cools, what did you say to get the prices down? they said they've already shipped 2 RR kits to Sydney.

nup it wouldn't cost more unless they package it differently and added more weight. shipping by air is charge by weight. shipping by sea or local freight is done by cubic metres so however big the boxes are.

No by air you don't get charge and taxes so that's why sometimes it is cheaper unless you buy a container for shipping by sea. But i think my installer said they might charge you GST if the products are of high value. My installer told me all these charges because he imports alot of stuff internationally. deals with china and stuff. he says if things are over 8cubic meter he generally just buys a container for like AU$200-500 lol. which is really cheap not sure why.

Found another place AEIMPEX, $1900 for the kit with no bonnet and different spoiler (Type R). but with carbon fiber grill, foglight cover, spoiler, front splitter, back bumper lip above the exhaust. but i wanted everything carbon charge is $1000 extra with mesh, LED 4th brake light.

not sure which one is better because i want the RR spoiler and carbon hood.

sigh can't win with everything I want in the kit...

SUS2K
04-06-2009, 09:18 PM
lol i saw someone on ebay selling it, exact same for 5,000AUD and 4,500 for pickup

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110374185798&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:AU:1123

dodgy, hrmm i might consider using airmail if i avoid all the extra taxs/fee.

Fung
04-06-2009, 09:47 PM
GO THE RR KIT!!!!

so, liquid23, yer suggestion for us is to get it ship by air? like way way cheaper?
i DID think abt asking them to ship them here by pieces. but wouldnt that increase the costs of shippin as well? and would that end up cheaper than shippin everything at once with all those extra fees?

btw...jspec modded the car exactly how i wanna my car look like, so i feel like sharing it to you guys
http://www.jspec.com.sg/product_img/20090424002449RRenlarged.jpg

cant believe they painted the rear mirrors black too...just like what i am going to do!! OMFG

liquid23
05-06-2009, 12:06 AM
yes shipping by air is the way to go. no taxes or custom to bug you.
well technically it should be the same price. like i said before shipping by air is done by weight. the weight of the product ain't gonna change so i don't see why it would be less expensive if ship individually. lets say like front and back bumper 1st and then spoiler and side skirts + other bits and pieces. then hood or something else you ordered.

the airport does know the value of goods coming in even if you declare it at a low value sometimes you need to prove that it is actually that cheap and that you bought it for that price. they can check your bank transfers as well.

i'm not sure which company i'm going with but aeimpex is doing everything i want as a special order. i want carbon fiber on back bumper, spoiler, whole grill. carbon rr hood (deciding on wet/dry).

are you going to get the RR kit Fung and SUS2k?
it is pretty expensive for a bodykit, i have a large sound system going in that i need to buy as well haha. I'm just deciding on bodykit or sound system at the moment...

Fung
05-06-2009, 11:08 AM
yes shipping by air is the way to go. no taxes or custom to bug you.
well technically it should be the same price. like i said before shipping by air is done by weight. the weight of the product ain't gonna change so i don't see why it would be less expensive if ship individually. lets say like front and back bumper 1st and then spoiler and side skirts + other bits and pieces. then hood or something else you ordered.

the airport does know the value of goods coming in even if you declare it at a low value sometimes you need to prove that it is actually that cheap and that you bought it for that price. they can check your bank transfers as well.

i'm not sure which company i'm going with but aeimpex is doing everything i want as a special order. i want carbon fiber on back bumper, spoiler, whole grill. carbon rr hood (deciding on wet/dry).

are you going to get the RR kit Fung and SUS2k?
it is pretty expensive for a bodykit, i have a large sound system going in that i need to buy as well haha. I'm just deciding on bodykit or sound system at the moment...

yeah i am gonna get the kit for sure, see the picture on my previous post if you wanna see how m car will end up looking, cant believe they paint the rear mirror black, jst same with what i've planned...

now...all i need is a part time job and work my ass off for rims, and then the RR kit and then exhaust =[

liquid23
05-06-2009, 01:41 PM
the kit from JSPEC is PFRP, the kit from AEIMPEX is duraflex fiberglass. I don't actually know the difference.
All I know is that I don't like fiberglass kits because when you hit something it just snaps off unlike plastic it just bends and goes back to its original shape. I've never had the experience with fiberglass kits but that is what i hear on the forums.
Here is a forum on pro's and con's
http://www.g35driver.com/forums/body-interior-exterior-lighting/54678-fiberglass-urethane-bodykit.html

There are lots of pros and cons for both products but some people say that handlaid fiberglass is better and PFRP is better. But Urethane kits will always be the best. Fiberglass can always be fixed is damage but if the plastic is over damage it can never be fixed. If you want to mod you bodykits you can only get fiberglass because you can't mod plastic (i guess plastic welding but your going to pay ALOT for it).
Overall i found that AEIMPEX is cheaper, more carbon fiber to my specifications and the mugen RR kit itself only costs $1900 (w/o bonnet)

SUS2K
05-06-2009, 04:42 PM
1900? thats pretty cheap but there website looks so dodgy lol

Man get the KIT FOR SURE! screw the sound system lol. JSPEC.SG wants 4800SGD for the entire kit for airmail and they'll cover all the cost. Thats pretty pricey.

Fung
05-06-2009, 05:19 PM
i checked out AEIMPEX as well....they looked okay. similar to after12 (Malaysia)

but after12 never gave me a good reply on how much shipping costs?

SUS2K
05-06-2009, 06:10 PM
just waiting for a qoute from AEIMPEX, i asked for the entire kit and with the bonnet. Does anyone know the qoute for installing the bodykit? and know any good ones they recommend in sydney area. illawarra area / hurstville.

cheeeeeerrrrrrsssssssss big earrrrs

Fung
05-06-2009, 06:15 PM
how much have you saved up bro?

ganj3
05-06-2009, 07:12 PM
While we're on the topic of bodykits, what do you guys think of this kit this guy is selling on eBay? Should I get it?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260418510186&_trksid=p2759.l1259

SUS2K
05-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Fung, i'm working full time, and been doing it for a year. Too lazy and no motivation to study at all. How about you? lol i'm guessing your working part time and studying?

ganj3 that kit looks nice. But with 3 feedback from the seller? quite risky, and ebay doesn't do shit when you get scam... and this is from experience. All they do is blacklist the seller.

liquid23
05-06-2009, 08:32 PM
While we're on the topic of bodykits, what do you guys think of this kit this guy is selling on eBay? Should I get it?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260418510186&_trksid=p2759.l1259

isn't there a store on ebay that sells the mugen lip kit? think this is it
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mugen-Style-BODY-KIT-LIP-KIT-Honda-Civic-FD-2006-07-08_W0QQitemZ380128778043QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_ Parts_Accessories?hash=item588170d73b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1| 293%3A1|294%3A50

i checked out AEIMPEX as well....they looked okay. similar to after12 (Malaysia)

but after12 never gave me a good reply on how much shipping costs?

haha yeah they never gave me a quote just said two types of kit RM$4800 and RM$6500

just waiting for a qoute from AEIMPEX, i asked for the entire kit and with the bonnet. Does anyone know the qoute for installing the bodykit? and know any good ones they recommend in sydney area. illawarra area / hurstville.

cheeeeeerrrrrrsssssssss big earrrrs

Here is my quote special order (different from normal RR kit)
SGD$2900 + SGD$855 (TNT shipping, by air)
Front bumper (with mesh) and carbon fiber on the top half where the grille lip starts
Front carbon fiber splitter (the small side things, not sure what it is called)
Front fog light holder (carbon fiber) and foglights (wiring and everything)
RR carbon fiber grille (with mesh)
RR rear bumper (made exactly like the RR) with LED 4th brake light (the bottom will be all carbon fiber)
RR sides skirts
8 pieces of wheel arch fenders
RR spoiler (which is the Type R, centre piece carbon fiber) or can you get the actual RR spoiler with centre piece carbon fiber.

He is sourcing the RR spoiler for me because i don't want the type R spoiler in their kit. Because i have a type R spoiler on my car already lol.

Hood prices (AEIMPEX)
1. All fiber $600 ($800 if vents are carbon)
2. Outside carbon, inside fiber $1200 - $1500
3. Inside Carbon, Outside Carbon $2200
4. Dry Carbon inside and out. $3000

SUS2K
05-06-2009, 09:18 PM
wtfudge the hood itself cost 3000?? talk about robbery. . . well i guess it turns out to be the same price as jspec.sg, i'm trying to get the whole deal for 4400sgd lol with airmail included.

liquid23
05-06-2009, 10:04 PM
it is dry carbon fiber, inside and out. same as jspec 1500 outside dry carbon but if you want dry carbon inside then double the price. dry carbon is the most expensive out there. high strength + light weight, no wet look just matte finish

aeimpex is cheaper because their product comes with more carbon fiber than jspec. even if you include the hood aeimpex is 1900+800 = 2700. you just need to pay extra for the LED light, H badge, wire mesh behind the front grill which isn't that much. so lets say that is about 300 more so...
1900 + 800 + 300 = 3k + 855 shipping = $3855 (4255 with CF hood)
jspec
3700 + 800 = 4.5k (+1200 with CF hood = 5.7k)
with no carbon fiber fog light holders and rear bumper isn't carbon fiber.
if you want carbon hood for jspec it is $1200 same with aeimpex

my special order is different from both RR kits

ganj3
05-06-2009, 10:11 PM
isn't there a store on ebay that sells the mugen lip kit? think this is it
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mugen-Style-BODY-KIT-LIP-KIT-Honda-Civic-FD-2006-07-08_W0QQitemZ380128778043QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_ Parts_Accessories?hash=item588170d73b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1| 293%3A1|294%3A50

Yeah some old threads said that the side skirts of the Auto Platonium kits dont properly fit so don't really want to buy from them

Fung
05-06-2009, 11:46 PM
holy cow~~~ i wish i have the money now...

how much is everything costing you right now?
so i could get a rough estimation on how much i have to save up

liquid23
06-06-2009, 12:18 AM
holy cow~~~ i wish i have the money now...

how much is everything costing you right now?
so i could get a rough estimation on how much i have to save up

you need a minimum of SGD$2750 (AU$2400), cheapest kit from aeimpex
includes $1900 for the CF kit and $850 for air delivery so you can avoid all the nonsense from customs.
optional hood prices are on page 1.

...awaiting reply from them

SUS2K
06-06-2009, 08:39 AM
I just found out the shipping cost to sydney.

The charges are for delivery, however they do not include removal of any debris and the costs may change if the premises are difficult access or there are stairs etc.
LCL Cargo Port Charges
Port Charges per cbm or 1000 kgs US$ 105.00
Minimum 1 cbm or 1000 kgs

Delivery Order Fee & FCA Charges per H/BL US$ 65.00

Customs Clearance US$ 150.00/set
Customs Processing Fee US$ 68.00/set
Quarantine Inspection Fee US$ 175.00 minimum
Quarantine Fee if applicable At cost

Cartage US$ 150.00

Fuel Surcharge 18% of cartage cost

Additional labor for delivery (1 man) US$ 150.00 – if required

yeah i would rather go by air. Well i got the deal. FULL COMPLETE SET/W BONNET/ AIRMAIL FROM JSPEC.SG is SGD4,800. I'm considering it.

Fung
06-06-2009, 01:57 PM
some rich basturds......

efffing hell XD

black8thgen
06-06-2009, 04:17 PM
i know ey, all isee is prices at like 3k-5k and i just wanna cry =[ lol

liquid23
06-06-2009, 06:36 PM
I just found out the shipping cost to sydney.

The charges are for delivery, however they do not include removal of any debris and the costs may change if the premises are difficult access or there are stairs etc.
LCL Cargo Port Charges
Port Charges per cbm or 1000 kgs US$ 105.00
Minimum 1 cbm or 1000 kgs

Delivery Order Fee & FCA Charges per H/BL US$ 65.00

Customs Clearance US$ 150.00/set
Customs Processing Fee US$ 68.00/set
Quarantine Inspection Fee US$ 175.00 minimum
Quarantine Fee if applicable At cost

Cartage US$ 150.00

Fuel Surcharge 18% of cartage cost

Additional labor for delivery (1 man) US$ 150.00 – if required

yeah i would rather go by air. Well i got the deal. FULL COMPLETE SET/W BONNET/ AIRMAIL FROM JSPEC.SG is SGD4,800. I'm considering it.

is the bonnet carbon? hmm seems expensive compare to AEIMPEX if bonnet isn't carbon. AEIMPEX is only $3555. But they do say, "you get what you pay for"

SUS2K
06-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Well i told them that i check out those other sites. Here is what they said.

"for total conversion kits more than 28 items with air freight direct deliver to your door step cost only about S$4,800 with painted color indeed is very good deal, because the full package include every things you need for the conversion, moreover it is make of Grade A PFRP.and direct mould from actual Mugen RR ( able to provide evidence to proof that it is direct fabricate from actual car)

Hope you can consider our offer, understand you have checked Aeimpex and 12 hrs, both kits from Malaysia and they fabricate from sketch , because there is not RR in Malaysia, I know how much they offer, I don't think that they able to provide courier service to your doorstep. ( quality wise and workmanship can see from their photo they provided)."

ryanc
06-06-2009, 11:59 PM
man a 5k bodykit for my car which is only worth 26k when it was new.. prob like 18k now =\
cant justify it even if i had the money ><

Fung
07-06-2009, 12:02 AM
Well i told them that i check out those other sites. Here is what they said.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL............................. .............................ahh true that~~ thats why after12 could never give me a quote on shipping!

i think i am gonna go either JSPEC or amiepex...

if both you and liquid are getting from each of the dealers...plz tell me how satisfy you are with the kit~

1 more thing guys...if my assumption is correct...this could be how the JSPEC product looks on the RR
look at the grille, where they put the mugen badge and has the RR badge on grille too...
jst my 2 cent~
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/pyro_524/p3.jpg
http://www.jspec.com.sg/product_img/icon320090424002449RR&#37;20kits%200309%20017.jpg

liquid23
07-06-2009, 10:09 AM
i'm not sure, i don't want the badges to be honest just a clean grille with red H.
but i'll take them if it comes with the kit and put it somewhere else.

well i'm still waiting for a reply from aeimpex. jspec just replied me, i think they know a few people been asking for quotes and discussing with each other haha.

So SUS2k have you confirmed that your getting one? did they say how long for delivery time? might wait and see if it is good hehe :p
maybe i should ask them about the 2 other people in sydney for contact numbers so i can call them, if the people wouldn't mind sharing the fitment and everything.

SO the JSPEC kit comes painted to your car colour already? i didn't know that.

SUS2K
07-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Yeah i'll be getting one. Here is how long they'll take. No that long in my opinion.

2 days for packaging and preparation, 4 working days for the flight, total will take about 6 days to your destination (weekend is not included). Tracking number will be provided once the flight confirm.

Yeah, the one i picked is a complete package where they paint the kit for me. I wanted the whole kit in nighthawk black same as my car colour. Isn't the original mugen and RR badget suppost to be on the grill O.o. I'm not too sure.

liquid23
07-06-2009, 10:31 AM
oh oks that is pretty fast. Yeah its not a bad price if it is painted. Hope the paint is the correct colour (or very close to) or else would b a waste of money!
Also if during shipment the kit is damage in anyway, paint will crack or get scratch = respray. Since it is a PFRP any damage is a bad one, even though it is suppose to be more flexible than FRP. I'm sure they will package it very well, remember NO WOODEN CARTONS quarantine will check it.

When are you getting the kit? i want to know quality hehe

i'm not sure if this is the exact same guy but he says he is the builder of the RR kit. He is from carbon revo = aeimpex
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=163763

the original is the grille is cut around the badge, the RR badge is right underneath it not to the side as much.

http://www.nihoncar.com/en/news_pics/537/gallery/Mugen_Civic_Type_RR_007.jpg
http://www.autospies.com/images/users/mugenpower/Civic_Mugen_Type_RR_011.jpg

Only ONE Mugen RR went to Singapore. the asking price was SGD$190 000 :eek:
Do you think jspec got the mold off that car?
thread
http://forums.vr-zone.com/vrrroomm/297085-mugen-rr-sg.html

the new RR back bumper looks good too!
http://image.hondatuningmagazine.com/f/17478949/htup_0904_09_z+mugen_honda_nsx_rr+mugen_civic_tail lights.jpg

SUS2K
07-06-2009, 11:37 AM
yeah, but it's a risk lol. if it get's sratched there's nothing i can do.
I got some pictures from them. I hope it all fits and no problems at all. hey liq do you know how much installation for the entire body kit cost?

black8thgen
07-06-2009, 11:50 AM
im sure u can install by urself, since its a bumper replacement, and the fenders too i believe. the side skirts u might get someone to do though. shouldn't cost much though.. like 100 tops for side skirts only

liquid23
07-06-2009, 12:10 PM
i have done some researching. AEIMPEX is a dealer in SG Honda forums. so they can't be that bad of a company even on their dodgy website. their carbon fiber hoods are form japan with bone structure. all CF stuff have UV protection. The vented bonnet should come with a undertray for rain and stuff unless it is cosmetic so its just for show purpose not the real thing.
I am going to pm the people who have bought from AEIMPEX and ask them what the quality is like because they can visit his shop, i can't haha. going to ask this guy with a full kit and mugen hood that he bought from AEIMPEX. his Mugen CF hood was only SGD$600

Installation shouldn't be that expensive unless...it doesn't fit. unlike plastic FRP can't flex into place.
if everythign is easy fit then should be able to DIY. If not then professional should be a few hundred.

The RR rear bumper only has 1 exhaust hole?

black8thgen
07-06-2009, 12:18 PM
probably to fit the civics with one exhaust hole lol

JOhnnyFD
07-06-2009, 12:30 PM
yeah, but it's a risk lol. if it get's sratched there's nothing i can do.
I got some pictures from them. I hope it all fits and no problems at all. hey liq do you know how much installation for the entire body kit cost?

great stuff sus2k :thumbsup:.. cant wait to see a black civic mugenRR

for installation of the kits, would recommend for 2 ppl to do it as one person is gonna be a hassle.. so ask a mate to help u out.. if not u could ask around for bodykit installation prob going for around 300 or above

also, not really sure about this.. but for the front bumper, you may need to mod your front reinforcement bar as i had to do it for my typeR front bumper. this was becoz the typeR front bumper was much slimmer than OEM... and also with the rear bumper, the OEM exhaust may not sit nicely in the hole gap.. so just be aware of it

so all in all, how much did it cost you to get it over here?? (in AUS$$)

Fung
07-06-2009, 02:30 PM
i wanna know that too, from sus2k and liquid...what are the final costs for what you ordered and the shipping~

SUS2K
07-06-2009, 03:13 PM
I'll let you guys know once's everything has been settle and arrived. They have set cost, but i'm trying to bargin abit to save as much as i can lol.

liq, it seems AEIMPEX never replys. i've sent them countless of emails and still no response. and the new RR back bumper looks really nice... i wonder if i can get that instead. I don't mind 1 exhaust, i need to buy a exhaust aswell since my one is stock. Does anyone know any good exhaust that will fit the civic? and cheap aswell.

black8thgen
07-06-2009, 03:19 PM
xforce MP02, its a single oval tip with i think 3.5" or 4" tip - johnnyfd here has it, ive got the xforce MP01 which is the dual tip but same barrel and its a great muffler =]. costed me 280 incl. installation just a few months ago.

liquid23
07-06-2009, 08:24 PM
I'll let you guys know once's everything has been settle and arrived. They have set cost, but i'm trying to bargin abit to save as much as i can lol.

liq, it seems AEIMPEX never replys. i've sent them countless of emails and still no response. and the new RR back bumper looks really nice... i wonder if i can get that instead. I don't mind 1 exhaust, i need to buy a exhaust aswell since my one is stock. Does anyone know any good exhaust that will fit the civic? and cheap aswell.

if you want the new back bumper definately need to get exhaust at the same time haha.

yeah AEIMPEX is slow at replying but so is jspec lol. maybe if you ask them too much questions they just ignore you.

I'm still waiting for reply from a forum member that bought through aeimpex. aeimpex are cheaper but not sure if it is good. if its not good then i'll think of getting jspec.

SUS2K
07-06-2009, 08:46 PM
well, i decided to go with jspec lol, they respond to me quite frequently well daily.

black8gen, if you don't mind me asking, where did you install it and bought it from?

liquid23
07-06-2009, 10:01 PM
yeah i know jspec replies fast but they DON'T answer my questions. they just keep on saying gibberish.

how did you get them to discount? it doesnt seem like they will discount for me.

Searching sghonda forum found this about jspec.
http://www.civicfd-sg.com/viewtopic.php?t=16221&highlight=jspec
maybe just bad luck, but i REALLY hope your paint job is SPOT ON sus2k
http://www.civicfd-sg.com/viewtopic.php?t=22281&highlight=jspec
where jspec for the pics from.
http://www.civicfd-sg.com/viewtopic.php?t=18418&highlight=jspec
if you look half way down Devils71 says 2.5k quote for RR kit... why 3800 now?

SUS2K
07-06-2009, 10:52 PM
oh man... serious.. now that makes me wonder..... if i should still get it or not.. @_@ 2,500SGD!! but don't all asian country try to ripp of foreigners. 2,500 doesn't include the spoiler and bonnet i think. Go try and bargain with them liq, see what qoute they gave you.

FallenAngel
08-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Nice to see this actually going on but a few things to consider also.

I wouldn't recommend you getting DRY CARBON from overseas because when transporting if something bumps it its VERY EASY to crack and unless the supplier is going to send you a new one (which i don't think they will), then bad luck with that.

With which transportation to go, definately go the airmail and it seems you guys have covered it already.

The exhaust you can get any custom exhaust to fit your bumper. You'll need to have your kit fitted first then get someone to custom make it for you. Shouldn't be too much as i got mine for about $400 from the cat back with 2.25 piping.

The installation you guys could probably figure it out, just DIY with a friend and it'll be fun and be a good learning experience.

SUS2K
08-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Yeah, i'm scared now since liq has posted some bad reviews from jspec. Fitting, i'm a total newbie i woudln't know where to begin lol. Nor do i think i have the tools to do it.

Fung
08-06-2009, 02:34 PM
try...using a different email account. ask them...JUST quote the price for the RR kit
dont tell them abt you living overseas and needed shipping what so ever. if the price goes down to..lets say 2.5K

then you could ask them anything abt shipping!

ASIAN STYLE BROTHERS

ive jst received an email from Jspec:

Mugen RR kits consists of

Front bumper
Front air intake ducts
Front carbon fibre grille
Front foglight holders
Twins vented RR bonnet FRP c/w dry carbon vent covers
Foglights
Side skirts
Wheel arch fender 8 pieces
Rear bumper
Rear bumper LED brake light
Rear boot high mount spoiler <---not too sure what this is
Rear boot ducklip spoiler <--- not too sure what this is as well
One set of Mugen R spec visor
All emblems RR x2 red H x 2

Total cost US$ 3,500.00 <-not when its USD....thats 4+K? need a 2nd thought
Include air freight direct to buyer doorstep

liquid23
08-06-2009, 07:24 PM
try...using a different email account. ask them...JUST quote the price for the RR kit
dont tell them abt you living overseas and needed shipping what so ever. if the price goes down to..lets say 2.5K

then you could ask them anything abt shipping!

ASIAN STYLE BROTHERS

ive jst received an email from Jspec:

Mugen RR kits consists of

Front bumper
Front air intake ducts
Front carbon fibre grille
Front foglight holders
Twins vented RR bonnet FRP c/w dry carbon vent covers
Foglights
Side skirts
Wheel arch fender 8 pieces
Rear bumper
Rear bumper LED brake light
Rear boot high mount spoiler <---not too sure what this is
Rear boot ducklip spoiler <--- not too sure what this is as well
One set of Mugen R spec visor
All emblems RR x2 red H x 2

Total cost US$ 3,500.00 <-not when its USD....thats 4+K? need a 2nd thought
Include air freight direct to buyer doorstep

Rear boot ducklip spoiler - basically the lip above the boot
Rear boot high mount spoiler - the middle piece
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qFOdYcviYg8/RoTlhL2qjuI/AAAAAAAABGI/BHonau1HOpw/s400/honda_mugenRR_02.jpg

US$3500 = AU$4346 which isn't cheap because
normal kit is SGD$3800/$3700 + SGD$850 delivery comes to total of SGD$4650/4550(AU$$3987/3887)

I have spoken to Lawrence - AEIMPEX dealer. i called him. He didn't reply my emails because he was in KL sorting out new store. Got LOTS of info form him.

JSPEC is a trader not a manufacturer. He said that the RR kit is a 100&#37; fit BUT you need to do grinding on you car. He said behind our front bumper there is like a thin bar (collision bar or something i'm not sure) you need to grind that off for the kit to be able to fit. Some grinding at the back as well i think. I told him about JSPEC, he said he doesn't know how they can do it without grinding.

I will be buying off AEIMPEX because i want more carbon fiber on the kit so they can do it, JSPEC being a trader can't. That is why they have 3rd party's doing installs and painting for them (i.e the link on the other page i posted). I called JSPEC and they weren't very friendly and don't tell me details over the phone, it is always just by email where i actually spoke to the person who is arranging everything in AEIMPEX.
They said some place in Perth called H3 Motorsports (not sure of name) wanted to be a dealer so they can import RR parts. They were asking alot of questions about the kit. Maybe Australia will have their 1st importer

There are lots of different bonnets you can get. The vented bonnet if original will leak water through unless it is closed up. AEIMPEX has two different designs along with different types of carbon fiber. If you get the vented bonnet, when it rains, the water will go into the battery on the left side. AEIMPEX has a bonnet where you can replace the vents for racing (full vented) or (vented but there is a small hole (size of a small coin) cut so water can flow through but not alot. Or you can just buy the bonnet with no vents just small hole (no interchangeable vents).

I will be buying the RR CF bonnet and CF spoiler to have a quality check before buying the entire kit. He is just going to quote a price for me using TNT shipping. I asked him to find the cheapest possible way to ship by air.

black8thgen
08-06-2009, 08:34 PM
how much is it for just the RR CF bonnet? btw i reckon if you're afraid of water leaking to the battery on left side, you can just slide a plastic sheet or something under that side can't you? obviously that defeats the purpose of a vent but unless you're really going for increased air flow rather than looks i reckon its safer to cover up the water leak =D.

Fung
08-06-2009, 10:02 PM
if thats the case i might go with AEIMPEX too...its 1 of the 1st websites i found that i believe they have a heart to sell...

i gave up after12 ever since they are so reluctant in telling me anything abt shipping

liquid23
09-06-2009, 12:30 AM
how much is it for just the RR CF bonnet? btw i reckon if you're afraid of water leaking to the battery on left side, you can just slide a plastic sheet or something under that side can't you? obviously that defeats the purpose of a vent but unless you're really going for increased air flow rather than looks i reckon its safer to cover up the water leak =D.

The hood from AEIMPEX is $1200 or racing spec with interchangeable vents $1500. other prices are on previous pages for dry carbon.

Hoods are made from 3k carbon or 12k, both same price. the 12k carbon is about 500g heavier as it has more weaves in it. All the carbon on the Mugen RR kit is 6k carbon. I have pictures of the Vents for airflow or non airflow.
I asked him if i should just not put a hole there, but he says you have to due to the design of it. I asked if there is a cover i could put on to protect water to get onto battery, he said he will provide for me. he'll send me pics tomorrow :thumbsup: he seems like a honest guy and tells me what i need.

Got sent new videos from AEIMPEX, i don't know how to put videos on haha. Basically they jump on the carbon fiber parts and burn it, but no damage or scratches. Oh wait just looked on their website. It has the video there http://www.aeimpex.com/index.php

black8thgen
09-06-2009, 04:46 PM
oh wow nice ! looks like a great guy to be dealing with.

SUS2K
09-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Hi David,

Jspec Autostyling is a maunfacturer and Trader, it is impossible for us to produce all model of bodykits. ( we specialist only in Honda Kits).

RR kits is OEM fitment, beside front bumper thin bracket( not collision bar) need to remove, all items good fit without any alteration or grinding.
(You can be rest asssured on these)

Instruction manual will be attached with the kit, you may install the kits step by step.
(special glue provided for the kit installation) make DIY easier and fun.

Bonnet wise , if rain water will get in the engine compartment and wet the battery, then Mugen RR Civic owner will be the first one to compliant, becasue we make exactly as the RR. ( Reason: all RR bonnet come with an under tray and overflow drainage which will direct all excess water to the front of the bonnet near the radiator, which will dry off easily.)

Hope we clear all you doubts. Thanks

well i asked them about the vent and the fittings i guess that sounds ok! i'm going with jspec i've decide. I'll post more when the parts arrive and how everything turns out! lol

Fung
09-06-2009, 07:20 PM
i dunno man, since you guys go with different ones, i must see the outcome! b4 i go into it as well~

liquid23
10-06-2009, 11:26 PM
oh ok thats great that you ordered already :thumbsup:

i asked AEIMPEX what about the RR hood in the REAL RR. He said because there are vents there and if raining, the engine is designed that there are nothing under those vents so nothing will get wet. but i took a look at the RR engine bay and it seems the same as ours. battery is where ours is as well =/

ask him to show images of under the bonnet where the drain is for the water flow. cause i want to see hehe. cause RR has a battery where ours is as well

this is aeimpex's hood for vents and no vents
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/7343/rrver2racespecs.jpg

on the very left there is a tiny hole for water to flow out, as you can just see the mesh.
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5093/rrver2.jpg

jspec doesn't reply with what i asked them. they keep repeating the same answers when they already told me. unless i have retarded english sentence structure then i don't think they know what i want or what i am asking.

pictures are the best way to explain things so ask them to send a picture, since they have so many RR kits there, it isn't hard for a customer to ask for a picture =D

Fung
11-06-2009, 12:01 AM
i dun like how they say they only got a few sets left.....

so i might go with yours too liquid=]

liquid23
11-06-2009, 12:19 AM
oh ok jspec only has few kits left? no more importing?>

i'm asking this guy from sg forum on the orginal RR aluminium bonnet. i want to see pictures of the real vents and under bonnet haha. he is selling for $3980 painted in japan in championship white. so $$ for original

SUS2K
11-06-2009, 06:58 PM
lol, liq your making my regret now from purchasing with jspec....

ay do you think i can mod my car and get 2 exhaust (to look like the mugen rr's muffler) Would they have to build the whole thing? and how much do you think that will cost?

liquid23
11-06-2009, 08:01 PM
haha SUS2K, don't feel bad yours might be the best kit. I just like to research everything till i get my answers. then i will buy cause i am confident that it is the same product and i will make an agreement for them to sign in B&W about the bonnet and other car parts. So if anything goes wrong or it isn't the same as what i saw then it is up to them to cover costs.

when i get my mugen rr kit i'm gettin my exhaust done as well from catback. stainless steel custom made about $1200. i want titanium mufflers through

i got pictures!!! the REAL RR HOOD. as you can see behind the vents. I think the small holes at the very front is where the water leaks out but i don't think they would run water through inside the bonnet. But if it is vented especially for RR how would the engine be of benefit because as you can't see the vents unless air goes through the small square holes on the side. hmmm....
can anyone explain?
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/2429/australiapic1.jpg
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/921/australiapic2.jpg

Fung
12-06-2009, 06:07 PM
i think air will only go thru the small holes...
unless it is not the REAL MUGEN RR bonnet...isnt Mugen RR red?

otherwise the vented hood is jst an aesthetic option in the RR

BUT THATS FULLY SICK

SAVING TO THE MAX

liquid23
12-06-2009, 06:24 PM
this is the bonnet from the RR with all the carbon fiber front and aluminium bonnet. bonnet is just painted championship white.
http://www.motorauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/Honda/Civic/Mugen_RR/02/Mugen_Civic_RR_main.jpg
exactly like the picture above

i sent the bonnet picture to aeimpex and he sent it to the factory so they can have a look at it. he'll get back to me about it. i probably want him to design the same as the real rr where the water runs down to the front of the bonnet.
i asked my friend about the vents when raining, he said that the engine is so hot that if small drops of water enter the engine bay the water will already be evaporated before it touches the engine or as it hits it. he said something about that engines run to a very high temperature like 500C

JOhnnyFD
12-06-2009, 07:23 PM
liking that RR bonnet.. and its aluminium.. not a huge fan of CF bonnet

how much is the bonnet only goin for? includin shippin and all tat

SUS2K
12-06-2009, 08:56 PM
i should get my full kit within 1 week and a half from now. So i'm expecting it in 2 weeks roughly.

Fung
12-06-2009, 09:28 PM
wow SUS2K, if you got it, can i come over and check it out?

SUS2K
12-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Yeah sure, you live in hurstville don't you?

black8thgen
12-06-2009, 09:54 PM
wow thats pretty good shipping time for such a large thing, how much did it cost u in total mate?

Fung
13-06-2009, 01:39 PM
yeah~ i live in hurstville

umm..yeah how much is everything, what does it include?

what colour is yer car btw? white, black, silver or red?

liquid23
13-06-2009, 08:21 PM
liking that RR bonnet.. and its aluminium.. not a huge fan of CF bonnet

how much is the bonnet only goin for? includin shippin and all tat

the bonnet is going for SGD$3980 not sure how much shipping is.

Fung
13-06-2009, 10:52 PM
i wouldnt consider it.....price is too much, its like gettin the body kit itself??

any cheaper options i could look at bro?

black8thgen
13-06-2009, 11:15 PM
yeah may aswell get the body kit lol.

btw does the body kit u guys r getting include the hood? (replica one)

liquid23
14-06-2009, 03:30 PM
haha yeah well it is orginal mugen so that's why the price is high and there is only a limited amount. also getting it from the japan honda dealers wouldn't be easy.

the aeimpex bodykit for $1900 doesn't come with bonnet. need to buy seperate. the jspec one does come with bonnet.
aeimpex bonnets start from S$850 i think to S$3k (complete dry carbon) ask i have previously posted.
you can get the RR bonnet itself from jspec for S$750 or CF RR wing for S$650.

i'm just awaiting shipping costs and if aeimpex can do the bonnet same as the picture above so the water will flow out through the front of the bonnet. then i will order from him along with other small goodies =D

Fung
14-06-2009, 03:42 PM
expecting good news from you~!

black8thgen
14-06-2009, 04:42 PM
niiice. can't wait to see it all installed.. hottest fd in aus ;)

ganj3
14-06-2009, 04:53 PM
So liquid are you also getting the RR kit or just getting the bonnet atm to see the quality?

liquid23
15-06-2009, 09:09 PM
getting the bonnet to see quality, if good i'm buying the rr kit. are you going to buy form carlights the mugen kit? or wait?

black8thgen
15-06-2009, 09:17 PM
what u gonna do with ur stock carbon hood? =D

liquid23
15-06-2009, 09:18 PM
selling my type R CF hood if i get the mugen RR
any parts that i'm replacing i'm selling
might be selling angel eyes as well and getting led tail lights

ganj3
15-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Yeah I'm just gonna wait. In no rush to get a kit

Fung
15-06-2009, 11:07 PM
i am in rush...only short of cash...

can i set up a donation post here in ozhonda for any1 who wants to donate some of their money to me a poor asian here???

feel free to donate, i welcome any money in any currency

ekdez
16-06-2009, 04:06 PM
lol...
i want a cf hood..
but i dont wanna loose the classy look that our cars have :\

ganj3
16-06-2009, 04:36 PM
So just wondering but will SUS2K have the only RR kit on this forum?

black8thgen
16-06-2009, 04:49 PM
i want a cf hood too haha, ive got a mugen spoiler so it already looks more sporty than classy... just need some cash for a hood =D

Fung
16-06-2009, 05:42 PM
join me!

every1 plz donate some of yer excess cash to me and black8thgen XD

yeah i suppose SUS2k would be one of the few..or the only one whos gonna have a RR kit on the civic every1 is lookin up at the result...but hes not coming on recently~~

liquid23
16-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Yeah I'm just gonna wait. In no rush to get a kit

oks he just takes AGES to reply back lol. think i might call him but i don't want to be one of those people who call up every minute.

i can get CF Type R bonnets for i think ~AU$700 or less and then how every much it costs to send to you by "pack and send"

Fung
16-06-2009, 10:18 PM
if its under 1K, will you do it by sea or air?

whats yer recommendation?

liquid23
16-06-2009, 11:55 PM
~AU$700 is the price into australia. This is by EMS, so it's by air.
i can ask for the exact price if your interested.

Fung
17-06-2009, 12:52 PM
yeah, i am really interested.

but you see, i dun wanna get a vented hood, b4 i have proper rims lol

i am still trying to save up for some replicas maybe?

liquid23
17-06-2009, 03:59 PM
well the type R hood isn't vented. its not the Mugen type R hood its the OEM type R

ekdez
17-06-2009, 04:54 PM
liquid are you gonna show your car?

liquid23
17-06-2009, 10:19 PM
you mean like autosaloon kinda thing?
yeah when i get my sound system in and decide on my final bodykit.
alot of juggling around with mods to see which is better and what looks i prefer. but also need money haha the main thing. sound system is killing the bank right now.

ekdez
17-06-2009, 11:01 PM
i know how you feel..
i wasted 5g on my last install.. and it was pretty pez.
was very happy to sell it on for the same amount..
i wont be purchasing another sql system LOL.
i want my nuts and bolts holding my car together to be in the same place in a few years.

liquid23
18-06-2009, 12:24 AM
haha ic
my sound system in the 10k >.<
not sure might end up not doing anything much in the end.
see how it goes...

SUS2K
18-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Update of my kit. Its been packed and will be sent tomorrow! These are the photo's of my kit. Can't wait to see it. Jpsec is pretty good with there services so far. Always keeping me posted daily. I'm still waiting for AMP to get back to me on the full price lol. Think they forgot about me or not interested. Hope the kit will be good.

JOhnnyFD
18-06-2009, 06:53 PM
whooaa.. black mugenRR.. looks hawt!!

definitely would want to see this car

great stuff sus2k

SUS2K
18-06-2009, 07:07 PM
thanks johnny.

I think i might leave my rims custom, and just save up for angel eyes holagen.

heres my Spoiler.

black8thgen
18-06-2009, 08:13 PM
thats HOTTTT! damnnn i wanna get that kit lol

Fung
18-06-2009, 10:29 PM
FXXK...when is this coming to Aus

i am coming over man!

ekdez
18-06-2009, 10:46 PM
looks nice dude.
have fun waiting for it tho.
wooden boxes full of beetles and such!
perfect for quarantine lol

liquid23
18-06-2009, 11:13 PM
OMG THE WOODEN BOX. great kit but... quarantine will LOVE IT. look out for charges mate. hope it clears.

FD2mugen
18-06-2009, 11:24 PM
how much did you pay for the whole kit including shipping?

Fung
19-06-2009, 01:49 PM
i know...why wooden box package...cardboard and bubble wrap is perfect =[

liquid23
19-06-2009, 02:00 PM
well wooden box is harder to get damage than cardboard and bubble wrap.
but anything wood has to be quarantined when coming into australia so its bad and you have to pay big fees.

ekdez
19-06-2009, 02:05 PM
it'd be funny if the box was empty
well not for the buyer.. but whats u gonna do.. LOL

SUS2K
19-06-2009, 06:28 PM
it seems they know the legal requirements involved when shipping to australia. I ask them about the wooden box. here's the reply.

100% plywood box c/w with manufacturer certification, according international shipping law only fumigated or heated wood are allow to export to Australia , plywood box is 100% heated treated and pest free.

even we use cardboard box still need a wooden crate to protect, because kits is bulky and fragile , therefore wooden box is the best solution, cardboard is much cheaper than wooden box

FallenAngel
19-06-2009, 06:48 PM
ROFL DEZ so slack

Fung
20-06-2009, 01:03 AM
if they know their stuff, of coz you leave to the experienced =]

anyways man!!!! LOOKING FORWARD

liquid23
20-06-2009, 05:30 AM
oh ok that is good then hope no hassels at the airport.
want to see the products, take lots of pics.

*btw where does the air duct on the bottom of the front bumper go to?

FallenAngel
20-06-2009, 12:35 PM
I have a feeling its for the CAI although its on the wrong side...

Fung
20-06-2009, 09:45 PM
i thought the air duct are on both sides?

SUS2K
25-06-2009, 09:04 AM
i just got the padckage yesterday. its sitting in the garage at the moment. stil have to wait for my car.. stupid dealer... said next month.

been busy when i get the chance i'll take some photos. Didn't have to pay any tax or customs =) it all got covered lol.

black8thgen
25-06-2009, 03:24 PM
niiiiiiiice!!! how is it? all good quality nd stuff/ =D

liquid23
25-06-2009, 07:07 PM
cools cant wait to see the products.
was the price you stated here the priced u paid for the whole thing?
good to hear that customs didn't go stupid on the wooden carton. guess should be fine if it is certified pest free.

are you going to DIY? or give to someone to install cause need to grind the front collision bar thingy off to fit front bumper.

Fung
26-06-2009, 05:01 PM
SUS2K...gimme yer address lol~~ i am coming over and rape yer kit!

or maybe you could fit your kit onto my car and see how everything goes

and i'll pssibly test them for you for like a few years and see how good the qualities are!

Fung
03-07-2009, 01:13 PM
anymore updates here??? liquid? SUS?

liquid23
03-07-2009, 07:26 PM
erm not really lol, the AEIMPEX guy is away somewhere he said and he will get back to me. I might be getting a carbon boot.
What do you guys reckon bout carbon boots?
for me it looks kinda outta place lol because whole car of my car is silver and there this big black thing behind my car haha. when i get the LED tail lights will go on. Might be putting on the Audi headlights this wkend just to see what it looks like.

black8thgen
03-07-2009, 07:50 PM
id say no to carbon boot lol. just would look way out of place

Fung
04-07-2009, 01:03 PM
yeah....carbon boot will be a bit too much
afterall...we are no super cars

but we are all waiting for SUS with some new feedbacks with his civic sport 09 and the RR kit!!!

SUS2K
07-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Sorry guys, just waiting for my car to arrive... stupid dealer said end of the month... been waiting along time.

Fung
07-07-2009, 08:52 PM
LOL...wow its sure a long wait bro...how abt i let you put the RR kit on my car 1st???

ganj3
16-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Any updates SUS2K?

Fung
17-07-2009, 10:43 PM
got your car yet SUS2K?

SUS2K
21-07-2009, 07:52 PM
lol unfortunately no... car is arriving on the 24th to australia... and need to wait a couple for days to get it so properly won't get it till next week.. freaking shit dealership.

Anyways, does anyone have angel eyes? i'm wondering if it's illegal to get angel eyes with all the LED on the bottom like an Audi.

black8thgen
21-07-2009, 08:42 PM
WTF... what a long wait =.=.. dodgyyyyyy shit.

uhm i don't think its illegal, well actually it could be lol but not many cops care i dont think

liquid23
21-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Well i've had my angel eyes for along time with HIDs and i haven't been done. i've driven pass cops on th same road, opposite road, other side of the lights, booze bus, bascially normal driving encounters and i didn't get pulled over

Audi lights should be ok too cause Audi's have them same for angel eyes on BMW's.

If you want a pair of angel eyes i can get you a pair ^^

FallenAngel
21-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Well i've had my angel eyes for along time with HIDs and i haven't been done. i've driven pass cops on th same road, opposite road, other side of the lights, booze bus, bascially normal driving encounters and i didn't get pulled over

Audi lights should be ok too cause Audi's have them same for angel eyes on BMW's.

If you want a pair of angel eyes i can get you a pair ^^

Becareful of what you say... just because its on another car doesn't mean its not a defect. Audi's have designed them to pass design restrictions, others may not..

liquid23
22-07-2009, 02:57 AM
yeah i didn't think about it just typed what came out of my head haha. aftermarket things are illegal in one way or another, it is really up to the cops to decide if they are going to be nice or not.
Have to make sure that the headlights you are getting are for RHD not LHD so u don't blind traffic.
I guess cops here don't really mind the angel eyes unless they haven't reach their quota or being a real ass. Drove pass another one cop tonite and it was ok. Even for the prelude using 8K HIDs the cops didn't really mind.

ryanc
22-07-2009, 07:28 PM
actually i think it is illegal and u need an engineer certificate to pass it off as legal

if u get into an accident and they find u have illegal lights, basically ur fkd coz it may go against u

i doubt coppers will know, just dont get too bright ones that are purple/bluish and u shud be fine

SUS2K
24-07-2009, 06:56 PM
freakn my kit has been sitting in my garage for 1 month now. getting pissed off @ dealer.

well the lights i want to get is from here,

http://www.srsauto.com/main/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=459

Fung
24-07-2009, 08:53 PM
that one looks hot~~~

but omg......did they tell you why such a long wait for the car????
couldnt wait to see the kit goes on!!!!

SUS2K
25-07-2009, 09:00 PM
finally picking it up on tuesday. Freakn dealer! never going back there to service. Where do you guys service your car?

black8thgen
25-07-2009, 09:13 PM
hornsby honda yo! hahah

ryanc
25-07-2009, 09:19 PM
scotts / rick damelians
both were pretty good

Fung
26-07-2009, 02:49 PM
rockdale honda LOL

Fung
31-07-2009, 11:46 AM
got yer car yet bro?

SUS2K
02-08-2009, 01:22 PM
my old civic type r

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/wellnessmind/CIMG0659.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/wellnessmind/PIC00004.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/wellnessmind/16052009226.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/wellnessmind/PIC00005.jpg

my new civic sports

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/wellnessmind/02082009383.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/wellnessmind/28072009314.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/wellnessmind/28072009312.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/wellnessmind/28072009317.jpg

my kit properly install it on after my first service. need to save up money lol

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/wellnessmind/28072009320.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/wellnessmind/28072009319.jpg

black8thgen
02-08-2009, 01:39 PM
omfg so jealous hahaha. damn hot =].

curtis265
02-08-2009, 01:50 PM
oh man fapping material

Stig
02-08-2009, 02:31 PM
wait... lolwut? you had a fn2r and went to a sport? man i wouldve been glad to swap my car with your fn2r

SUS2K
02-08-2009, 02:47 PM
If you added money, and pick it up yourself. I would of considered. But too late =)

Fung
02-08-2009, 02:50 PM
OHHH EMMMM GEEEEEZ

too hot to handle bieeeetches~~

hey SUS2k,

can you shoot more photos of your kit?

SUS2K
02-08-2009, 03:05 PM
yeah i'll try, but i don't wanna unwrap it cause i won't need it as yet. And too lazy to re-wrap it lol

Fung
02-08-2009, 05:10 PM
lol, true that~~~

lets meet up sometime man~~~

Hurstville FD meet!

ekdez
02-08-2009, 05:12 PM
why auto :\

black8thgen
02-08-2009, 05:17 PM
yeaa, im craving for a manual =[, but maybe he just likes the ease of auto =D. like playing xbox =D

SUS2K
02-08-2009, 05:20 PM
auto, i don't know just feel like being lazy, and if i decide to sell it off i can always take off the kit and put the original back on to sell it faster.

THEEYA
02-08-2009, 06:23 PM
keen for pics when its set up :D

twing
03-08-2009, 02:31 PM
sus2k, congrats mate...
but why changing fn2r to fd2? Care to share :)..
i wonder if it's the petrol bill or maybe stiff suspension,etc
i'm tossing between fn2r and fd2 sport as well...
also looking at yarris levin zr, which is pretty good package (hid, start button, etc).

ta.

Waternmo
03-08-2009, 02:43 PM
i own a fd2, and i just think the FD2's chassis is much better and has more potential than the FN2... rigidity or design... the double wishbone on the FD2 is what made honda famous back in the eg and ek yrs! i chose the FD2 coz of the chassis, its got no power i know, but a K24 w/ 200hp is only around 1000aud and its a drop in conversion...

SUS2K
03-08-2009, 03:29 PM
I decided to get rid of the fn2r because first it cost me alot just for insurance, 3.3k a year just alone for insurance. Also, i just think fd2 is more practical. Cheaper insurance, easier to sell in the long run if i decide to get something else. But i did love the fn2r, if you can afford insurance, i suggest you go for the fn2r. Awesome little car and powerful.

Stig
03-08-2009, 06:56 PM
woa, im paying 1.6k for insurance (racv) with the fd and i got a quote for the fn2r at 1.3k (racv)... i thought i was getting ripped lol

edmbranch
03-08-2009, 07:49 PM
woa, im paying 1.6k for insurance (racv) with the fd and i got a quote for the fn2r at 1.3k (racv)... i thought i was getting ripped lol

what? that's weird lol..

SUS2K
03-08-2009, 08:01 PM
i insured my fnr2 with nrma. It was covered for 44,000. It might also consider your neighbourhood you live around and car theft etc. But most of the company qoute around for that price. Plus i'm under 25 lol

twing
03-08-2009, 09:58 PM
the double wishbone on the FD2 is what made honda famous back in the eg and ek yrs! i chose the FD2 coz of the chassis, its got no power i know, but a K24 w/ 200hp is only around 1000aud and its a drop in conversion...

FD2 and FN2R don't have double wishbone unfortunately :)
Their front suspension is strut macpherson.
FD2 rear is multi link and FN2R is torsion beam.

Dropping k24 will be looking over 5000 i believe. It is a feasible upgrade nevertheless.

twing
03-08-2009, 10:02 PM
I decided to get rid of the fn2r because first it cost me alot just for insurance, 3.3k a year just alone for insurance. Also, i just think fd2 is more practical. Cheaper insurance, easier to sell in the long run if i decide to get something else. But i did love the fn2r, if you can afford insurance, i suggest you go for the fn2r. Awesome little car and powerful.

3.3 k for insurance is MAD !!!!! :eek:

Stig
04-08-2009, 12:20 AM
i insured my fnr2 with nrma. It was covered for 44,000. It might also consider your neighbourhood you live around and car theft etc. But most of the company qoute around for that price. Plus i'm under 25 lol

lol im only 20

liquid23
04-08-2009, 12:30 AM
great to see the kit. should look good when it is on.

thb i'm getting bored of all the civic kits lol, i think i'm gonna sell my CF bonnet and other stuff.
Should start making decision for the future... like a house!

Fung
04-08-2009, 01:23 PM
get Honda to produce caravans

and Type R it!!!

SUS2K
05-08-2009, 05:18 PM
liq, get a house without sell the parts =) just get a unit/apartment instead.

liquid23
05-08-2009, 06:02 PM
haha yeah maybe. i might change back to oem hood because of insurance. Not many people have carbon hoods anyway. might sell mine. get me sum ray wheels instead of more for audio. at least those mods are legal and insurance will pay for it if stolen/damage