PDA

View Full Version : Eg vti engine light on :(

Binny
04-06-2009, 12:16 AM
Hey guys, I have a small problemo, Just recently the engine light turns on is this an engine error code?. Does anyone have a list of the engine codes and how to activate diagnosis mode? Do I short some pins etc

Also my civic idles at like 500rpm. When i rev on stationary it drops down to 300rpm and the car shakes like its about to stall. It then jumps back up to 500rpm.

How to fix the problem if you have had it before? Is it the throttle position sensor? Vacuum hose leak?

Can you guys tell me the stock idle rpm?

Thanks
Binny

CRXer
04-06-2009, 01:06 AM
seems like your idle valve is stopped working

click here (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67113) for all u need to know

click the link to code 14,when uve finished reading all of the first post

Binny
07-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the link!

Does anyone know where the scs connector is for the eg? The link above doesnt have a picture for eg...

I tried searching my interior but cannot find anything. I also looked under the carpet and dont see any led on the ecu...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

90LAN
07-06-2009, 06:38 PM
its under your dash on the passenger side
just above your ecu
pull the wiring down should be some plugs

CRXer
07-06-2009, 07:03 PM
as above,sit in your passenger seat,then stretch your legs so your feet touch the firewall,now look above where your left ankle is sitting.

your car doesnt have a led on the ecu,u will watch your check engine light on the dash for the blinking code,just like that link shows for the main part.

Binny
10-06-2009, 11:59 PM
Hey guys i found it, Thanks alot for the help.
Binny