PDA

View Full Version : Buying in Japan

freakatronic
05-06-2009, 06:21 PM
I'm moving to Japan at the end of next month. I'll be there for a few years, so I'm thinking about getting a teg over there. I've enjoyed mine immensely here in Australia, and seeing as I could pick up a dc5R for less than I bought my vtir for over there...well...you do the math.

My question goes like this though - have any of you owned a car in Japan? What should I look out for? What additional charges are there to buying the actual car?

Many thanks in advance ;)

T-onedc2
11-06-2009, 07:03 PM
Not speaking from personal experience, but if the car has been in the snow check for rust on the floorpan.
My only experience says get one with A/C coz it's so damn hot and humid in summer.

Maybe try this:
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=buying+car+in+japan&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=

ChiLLie
18-06-2009, 06:15 PM
日本って最高!

NightRyder
18-06-2009, 06:25 PM
それは確かです! :)

90LAN
18-06-2009, 06:29 PM
the cost of owning one will be heaps over there
especially in the cities

T-onedc2
18-06-2009, 06:57 PM
日本って最高!

それは確かです! :)
Yes Japan almost certainly has the highest costs :)

All replies in Engrish thanks, otherwise it's spam.

bungsai
18-06-2009, 11:19 PM
DC5r's are a piece of junk anyway.

EG30
19-06-2009, 03:47 AM
If you live in the cities, you need to proof you have access to a car bay before you are allowed to register a car in your name, if you dont you can only buy a tiny K car. If you live in the countryside then this wont be a problem.

Buying the car is the cheap part in jp, fuel prices tad cheaper than here too but parking and insurances cost a fortune and car repairs more involved than a lube service lot more than in Aust too.

air23box
11-07-2009, 09:33 AM
If you live in the cities, you need to proof you have access to a car bay before you are allowed to register a car in your name, if you dont you can only buy a tiny K car. If you live in the countryside then this wont be a problem.

Buying the car is the cheap part in jp, fuel prices tad cheaper than here too but parking and insurances cost a fortune and car repairs more involved than a lube service lot more than in Aust too.

And dun forget you need to do car check every year in order to re-register ur car......and they ain't cheap.....

noobie90
11-07-2009, 10:50 PM

What do u mean by car bay? Is that like a machanics garage?

bungsai
11-07-2009, 11:37 PM
What do u mean by car bay? Is that like a machanics garage?

a proper car park, ie garage, or paid for lot in a car park