PDA

View Full Version : Need help with auto wind up windows

wAYzoR
06-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Hey guys just in progress of installing my alarm system and installing the final luxury functions, i've tried searching on the forum but failed. The car is a EJ8 civic coupe and i can't seem to get the auto wind up to work as i can't find the window control unit (if there is one). If anyone could give me some ideas where to look or where to jump the wires it would be highly appreciated..

Thanks
Jason

CRXer
06-06-2009, 05:50 PM
control unit is all incorporated in the drivers door switch.

all the wiring u need will be at drivers door switch.

u can shortcut the passenger window & just pick up the wires as they are just about to head out of the car & into the door(either door).but u'll have to go into the door to control driver window.

end7
07-06-2009, 12:49 AM
Maybe this will help

sorry if its to big ;p

http://i40.tinypic.com/2rf8nyf.jpg

Bludger
07-06-2009, 01:56 AM
would that diagram suit other honda's?

B18cEG
07-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Ok basically wat u need to do is get to the window switches in the drivers door, get a test light and find the wires that power up only when you move to windows in the up position, from there cut those 2 wires, one being for the left window and the other for the right, now from the window close module there will be only 4 wires that your gonna use for the windows most probably figure 8 wires (two wires stuck together) now for each window there will be one wire that goes to the window motor and the other to the window module (motor away from the module, obvious i know lol) once that is all soldered up you will need to connect a constant power feed which in the hondas you can get from the central locking module in the drivers door BUT since your gonna need to run wires for the window up output from the alarm you might aswell run the powers with it into the car.

Hope this is what you were after.

Jason.

end7
08-06-2009, 12:23 AM
yea im pretty sure there similar, best is to use it as a guide line and go from there

98vtir
09-06-2009, 07:14 PM
I apologize for hijacking your thread but it is related...

Ok, I got a EK4 and have been wondering for a while if it possible to retro fit an auto up button to the passenger window up switch in the driver side door so both are auto up capable?

Thanks!

CRXer
09-06-2009, 07:31 PM
I apologize for hijacking your thread but it is related...

Ok, I got a EK4 and have been wondering for a while if it possible to retro fit an auto up button to the passenger window up switch in the driver side door so both are auto up capable?

Thanks!
it would be a major pain in the arse,to try mix & match oem pieces to make it work.
best option just get an auto window closer for like $30 & hook it up to your keyless entry system &/or just run it off a seperate switch somewhere.

wAYzoR
09-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Ok basically wat u need to do is get to the window switches in the drivers door, get a test light and find the wires that power up only when you move to windows in the up position, from there cut those 2 wires, one being for the left window and the other for the right, now from the window close module there will be only 4 wires that your gonna use for the windows most probably figure 8 wires (two wires stuck together) now for each window there will be one wire that goes to the window motor and the other to the window module (motor away from the module, obvious i know lol) once that is all soldered up you will need to connect a constant power feed which in the hondas you can get from the central locking module in the drivers door BUT since your gonna need to run wires for the window up output from the alarm you might aswell run the powers with it into the car.

Hope this is what you were after.

Jason.

Hey thanks man, i never thought of the constant, maybe thats why it wasn't working for me, but now come to think of it, that would be my problem, i have some diodes ready to go in the window system.. Thanks heaps mate.. I will let you know how i go.. Cheers

98vtir
10-06-2009, 12:44 PM
it would be a major pain in the arse,to try mix & match oem pieces to make it work.
best option just get an auto window closer for like $30 & hook it up to your keyless entry system &/or just run it off a seperate switch somewhere.

Thankyou for the info. Maybe I'll just get a couple of units from the wreckers and have a tinker in my spare time. Who knows, I may just learn something :P

CRXer
10-06-2009, 12:57 PM
the problem is u have to replicate the little click at the end of the switch that starts the auto function,& its done by pushing little plastic sliders to latch a solenoid until the window reaches the end & unlatches the solenoid & therefore releasing the switch.

to do this & make it look OEM,u would be performing microsurgery.

u could do it on the OEM switch by using an external controller & just having the switch only auto,but then u lose partial control of the window.

98vtir
10-06-2009, 03:41 PM
haha fair enough, it'll probably stay a pipe dream :P

Since I got my trims off I had a look at how the switch worked from the outside and just thought if I take the auto switch off another civic and plop it into where the passenger one is on the driver side, hey presto I got auto switches for both windows at my finger tips.

I may have a go when I can be arsed getting to a wreckers and getting two switch housing things but not expecting it to work, just for the learning curve ;)