PDA

View Full Version : Honda Accord Euro Turbo

BlueAccEuro
04-11-2004, 12:03 PM
Guys,

Im looking to turbo my euro, im just wondering if i can get a bolt on kit to put stright on or would i actually have to rebuild my engine due to the compression?

Thanks

Josh

poid
04-11-2004, 03:50 PM
i dont think there is an off the shelf kit available yet, but no you dont have to lower compression. Just keep the boost low-ish

baboo
04-11-2004, 04:01 PM
Supercharge is another option you could look at.

Reagan
04-11-2004, 04:09 PM
waste of money well spent though!

yfin
04-11-2004, 09:17 PM
If you are patient and prepared to pay a fair amount of $$ - Comptech are releasing this supercharger soon. I think they are talking around $3500 US dollars. Not worth the money IMO. Hondata will also hopefully be released sometime soon - should be some gains with that.

If all else fails sell the Euro and buy a DC5R with Hondata K Pro.. Bang for buck it will be cheaper than trying to get the Euro to go ballistic.

http://home.comcast.net/~pxs2030/tsx/TSX_CTSC_front.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~pxs2030/tsx/TSX_CTSC_tensioner1.jpg

Reagan
04-11-2004, 09:44 PM
thats freaken hot!
i'd like to supercharge my euro rather then turbo it!
but im afraid in a few years they may release a better euro accord then its all regrets after that

BlueAccEuro
05-11-2004, 01:41 AM
well there is a honda accord euro type r but they arent bringing it into australia becasue our country has shit fuel and other things like that. i want one though i cried when i saw it after i got my euro.

if i keep low boost on a turbo will i get more power then if i supercharge it?

or would i get more power if i told turbo to shag off and just supercharged it anyway?

SiR CRX
05-11-2004, 03:34 AM
You will get more torque with the blower and it should be more efficient than the turbo as well. It will also be nicer on your engine/gearbox than a turbo will. However I think with a properly setup turbo the car should make more power than it would a blower. It's a big job though, especially if there is no off the shelf kit available yet. You will need a stack of custom parts made and you will have to do something about the compression too. It would be damn cool though ;)

poid
05-11-2004, 06:22 PM
turbo setups are usually more efficient than supercharger setups, and torque is torque so if its making the same amount of torque it wont be any nicer on anything. In fact it adds more load to the engine due to the supercharger being belt driven ;)

Type R Positive
10-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Supercharging would be alot better for every day street application. Instant boost.

If you want to go ballistic, turbo would be the way to go. There is tons of room behind the engine for a turbo too.

Pum[Z]
06-01-2005, 12:20 PM
Yeah Matt, as u & Timbo said there's heaps of room for a turbocharger hehhehehe...

My opinion is probably supercharge the euro.. At least supercharging it will give a nice constant spin that is mild & won't ruin ur engine in the longrun...

Unless ofcourse u don't care about reliability and just want one boosted up accord euro then go turbo the hell out of it... But at the moment its going to be a very expensive job doing it and u are going to be the guinea pig testing it all out...

U might as well buy a Liberty GT or the new Mazda 6 MPS.. rather then boosting a brand new car and voiding all the warranty's Honda offers...

poid
06-01-2005, 01:32 PM
use the right sized turbo and you also have boost pretty much instantly, its all down to the type of setup you want ;)

It should be very easy to get a good streetable and reliable setup going on the Euro, without too much guesswork. You just need to get custom manifold, exhaust and cooler piping made up which a lot of people do anyway.

yfin
28-12-2005, 08:21 PM
Comptech supercharger to be released in Feb:

http://www.comptechusa.com/newsletters/Winter05Newsletter.pdf

As posted in Acurazine:

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27491

Does a supercharger require any ECU tuning? If not - this should be just a direct bolt on for the Euro. An extra 50 horses at the wheels sounds awesome.

ECU-MAN
29-12-2005, 08:51 PM
you would have to retune the ecu dude

as soon as the MAP see's positive pressure in the Plennum instant MIL

Accord Basic
02-03-2010, 12:39 AM
any shop can do the installation and tunning in Perth?

lookingforboost
03-03-2010, 09:11 AM
boost is boost neither one is better or will give less strain on the motor turbo and 6 to 10psi as long as you look after it you wont have a problem ;)