PDA

View Full Version : types of engine in EK civics

mike_cheung
14-11-2003, 10:31 PM
hi im just wondering if someone can tell me what type of engines come in specific models of the EK civic.

also i dont really understand the diff b/w B16 engines and all that, if some1 can help straight this out will be good, thanks

mo
14-11-2003, 10:35 PM
there is a search function... :roll:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4

wynode
14-11-2003, 10:37 PM
EK civics are around 1995 onwards. I suggest you flick through the sticky:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4

Engines codes starting with 'D' denote SOHC engines (both SOHC and SOHC VTEC), whereas B series are all DOHC VTEC (except the B18B which is non VTEC)

Please do a search.

A'PEXi
15-11-2003, 01:52 AM
GLi, CXi - D16Y4
VTi - D16Y8
VTi-R - B16A

more information can be found by searching as mentioned above.

fried
15-11-2003, 08:32 PM
HAHAHAH!!! oi wyn, if u look back, to hmmm about i dunno september, close to when ozhonda got off the shelf, you'll noticed i enquired quite alot about all this, about which ek had which engine about which engine had vtec rah rah rah.... maaaaaaaaaan that was a long discussion that had many answers lol.... man,.... anyways.... im glad i jsut got a dc2....vtir so save to confusion! lol

fried
15-11-2003, 08:39 PM
lol and now to help...

i asked those exact saem questions....

ek hatches were cxi, gli and vtir

ek sedans were the gli and vti.

cxi and gli hatches had the... ummmm nonvtec SOHC 88kw engine. D16Y4

VtiR hatch had the B16A... 118kw dohc vtec engine (you'll also find this on the vtir coupe, but not the normal coupe)

gli sedan was the D16Y4 sohc nonvtec

vti sedan was the D16Y5 sohc NON-VTEC engine....

dont ask why then was it labelled a Vti... but came with optional sunroof, and also a cup holder... and ummm airbag? lol
hope that helps!

mo
15-11-2003, 08:51 PM
gli has airbags too :lol:

in vti u just get the options of gli as standard such as alloys, spoiler, sunroof, CUPHOLDER - need one of those :wink: etc...