PDA

View Full Version : Remote for Ek1 civic

simon86
09-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Anyone know where i can buy a remote control to open/close doors for a Ek1 Civic?

If it is after market, please specify any websites on how to program it.

Thanks

markoJEK1
09-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Go to honda, the EK's came with aftermarket central locking / immobilizer units from factory. You will need the new remoted to be programed to your car though.

EK1.6LCIV
09-06-2009, 02:12 PM
they will install an aftermarket immobiliser, then a door solinoid in the drivers side, this will then open both doors

prob cost $199 for the immobiliser and another 75 for the door solinoid to open/close the doors

heaps of places do this job in less than an hour

call: Autobarn, tinting stores, auto eletricians, the company you go your alarm from

simon86
09-06-2009, 02:15 PM
they will install an aftermarket immobiliser, then a door solinoid in the drivers side, this will then open both doors

prob cost $199 for the immobiliser and another 75 for the door solinoid to open/close the doors

heaps of places do this job in less than an hour

call: Autobarn, tinting stores, auto eletricians, the company you go your alarm from

Can't i get some $10 remote and program myself. By the way, I already have an existing remote which still works but the rubber button fell off so i can't press anything.

EK1.6LCIV
09-06-2009, 03:04 PM
if its an oem remote there's nothing stopping you from going to the dealer and having them issue you a new remote

but if its an a/m item then you'd have to speak to the distributor of the system