PDA

View Full Version : mc22 issues =/

rayb3na_
09-06-2009, 09:26 PM
oks guys i got issues with my bros cbr.. its had a starting problem for a while now.. we originally thought it mightve just been hard to start in the cold or the battery.. today nothing would make the bike turn over..

charged the battery didnt do nothing.. it wasnt as cold as it has been for the last few days.. used the choke didnt work.. took off fuel tank to check for blockages nothing wrong with that area.. took off the airbox to get to the carbies im not sure whether this is a problem or not but when i had the airbox cover off and looking directly at the carbies we throttled and did not see the butterflies actually open? is that normal?

friend of mine goes it might be the plugs are rooted or i've flooded the carbies gonna take out the plugs tomorrow and have a look but can anyone else think of what else it could be?

bennjamin
09-06-2009, 10:03 PM
exact same thing with my MC19 this morning ( too cold)

Bad fuel or plugs....change both for new.
If that dont work look at cleaning / balance the carbies.

vtesh
09-06-2009, 11:12 PM
what if it hasn't got anything to do with the fuel? you must be clumsy enought to flood it. like throttle on when the bikes not even on, trying to crank it then throttle on, what if it's an electrical problem. like the regulator or something? have you tried clutch starting it?

rayb3na_
10-06-2009, 02:41 AM
tried clutch starting it didnt crank over enough kicked over more then it did when i just tried starting it normally. thats why im asking mate i dont know what the issue could be. i dont know whether its fuel related or electrical related im not mechanically sound with bikes as i am with cars different ball game but similar theory..

bike rode fine the other day ben kicked over first go even when it was cold.. im starting to think i mightve fried the plugs not sure gonna check that out tomorrow..

nvmee
10-06-2009, 11:04 AM
might want to empty the fuel and fill it up with fresh fuel

vtesh
10-06-2009, 07:24 PM
we'll if you tried clutch starting it, and with the start button and still no cranking, you might want to check if your battery is 100% complete dead, get a multimeter on the battery test the regulator while your at it, if it doesn't crank its a problem with electrical i can say it can be battery or regulator, doesn't mean you charge your battery it's 100%. it could be completely dead.
tried clutch starting it didnt crank over enough kicked over more then it did when i just tried starting it normally. thats why im asking mate i dont know what the issue could be. i dont know whether its fuel related or electrical related im not mechanically sound with bikes as i am with cars different ball game but similar theory..

bike rode fine the other day ben kicked over first go even when it was cold.. im starting to think i mightve fried the plugs not sure gonna check that out tomorrow..

Perry
11-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Sorry for the noob question, how do you clutch start? I've got a similar problem with my mates bike.

nvmee
11-06-2009, 02:12 PM
1st gear, roll, dump clutch and away u go

2nd gear if ur scared. but 1st in a 250 is nothing

CONAN
11-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Sounds like fouled spark plugs, its a bitch of a thing to get too. And you need small hands.

But sounds like the plugs to me.

rayb3na_
11-06-2009, 08:08 PM
plugs were replaced probably around 6k kms ago though..

na-118
11-06-2009, 09:56 PM
must be dumb enough to flood the plugs, and you replaced it 6000kms ago, so the plugs should be alright unless you flooded them, nvmee wouldnt suggest clutch starting on first gear,were not all like you, put in 2nd gear clutch in, roll the bike let go of the clutch and accelerate, making sure the start buttons on and not off, fuel tank on also

nvmee
11-06-2009, 10:57 PM
can always sand the plugs

na-118
11-06-2009, 11:26 PM
if the plugs are gone, or any signs of wear and tear just replace. it or atleast try GAPPING THEM

Perry
12-06-2009, 11:03 AM
My mates one the spark plugs were change like 1 week ago started up fine took it home after 3 days tried to start it didnt work *sigh*. Its cranking and no enough to fire up wonder if its the fuel.

rayb3na_
12-06-2009, 04:15 PM
oks we got the bike started.. all it too was a massive push start but thats what i dont understand only tends to start when we push it it wont kick over on its own power..

bennjamin
12-06-2009, 04:21 PM
oks we got the bike started.. all it too was a massive push start but thats what i dont understand only tends to start when we push it it wont kick over on its own power..

because chances are teh battery is alittle too weak/od to start the bike. The coil packs for ignition are quite sensitive to voltage - if your battery isnt in 100% condition it CAN be harder to start.

Get a new battery. OR just wait until winter ends and te bike will start no worries lol.

Perry
12-06-2009, 04:47 PM

OK Ray your coming over to my place to start mine LOL

na-118
12-06-2009, 10:31 PM
knew it was the battery, if the plugs fail it usually cranks but doesnt crank over,

c0LL1n
13-06-2009, 08:08 PM
hmm could very likely be your battery. considering how old these bikes are and depending on how often they are serviced these little problems turn into much bigger ones!

but since the weather has been very cold lately, with these bikes you shouldnt leave the bike off for more than a week or so. just start it every couple days or so just to charge up the battery etc.

kera_1
14-06-2009, 01:57 AM
lol omg...mines been in the garage for the past 2 weeks now...been too cold to ride..and the wet weather..."sigh" well i better start it tmr just to run it abit...my last battery was a good 2 years old...

rayb3na_
15-06-2009, 05:02 AM
yeah battery could be a possibility lookks pretty dead! ahaha thanks for the info guys..

nws pezza jsut gimme a call ahaha but your pushing me! **** off im pushing you LOL

kera_1
15-06-2009, 02:41 PM
last time when i was in for a push i had to go up hill first before i went down...atemps made were twice...i never wanted to push anymore after tht... lol

rayb3na_
26-08-2009, 01:40 AM
alright just incase you guys wanted to find out what the issues were the carbies were outta sync.. we got it tuned up bike starts no issues now =] so if youve tried everything like i had and still doesnt work might be time for a carby tune up