PDA

View Full Version : Honda Ridgeback (formally known as SUT i think)

panda[cRx]
04-11-2004, 08:11 PM
hey i was just lookin at the link for the sports fits thingy and found this, i dont think anyone has posted this but dont flame me if it has :(

anyway i reckon this looks mad, i'd love to do some ford stomping in this :D

http://members.optusnet.com.au/wynode/4041102_a_8_l[1].jpg
Another image here. (http://world.honda.com/news/2004/image/4041102_a_9_l.jpg)

as taken from honda worldwide:
"TORRANCE, Calif., U.S.A., November 2, 2004–Honda’s all-new 4-door, 4WD truck will be named the “Ridgeline” when it goes on-sale at Honda dealerships in the U.S.A. in Spring 2005 as a 2006 model. The Honda Ridgeline is a next-generation truck that takes the utility and versatility of an open bed truck and adds a new dimension of dynamic performance, integrated styling and packaging efficiency previously unattainable in traditional body-on-frame trucks. The Ridgeline name was chosen to emphasize the vehicle’s adventurous spirit and truck capabilities.

American Honda announced the Ridgeline name at the Specialty Equipment Manufacturer’s Association (SEMA) show in Las Vegas, where it displayed an updated concept version of the truck with a new paint scheme, revised suspension and new wheel and tire package. The production Ridgeline will make its world debut at the 2005 North American International Auto Show in Detroit next January.

“The growing market for aftermarket truck parts and accessories makes SEMA the perfect place to announce the Ridgeline name,” said Dan Bonawitz, vice president in charge of corporate planning for American Honda. “The Ridgeline will make a great platform for customization and we think that people are going to be truly surprised by the capabilities of this new Honda truck.”

The Ridgeline takes advantage of the industry’s first fully integrated, closed-box frame with unibody construction to deliver superior ride, handling and packaging efficiency along with half-ton payload capacity and significantly stronger body rigidity versus traditional body-on-frame trucks. For hauling, the Ridgeline features a five-foot bed with minimal wheel arch intrusion and is designed to carry a wide variety of cargo including two of Honda’s largest off-road motorcycles, the CRF450. Inside, the Ridgeline will feature a spacious, full-size, five-passenger interior in a more maneuverable and garageable mid-size truck package. Utilizing a four-wheel independent suspension mounted to a highly rigid body, the Ridgeline will deliver superior handling and ride comfort versus other trucks in its class.

Combining next generation truck performance and environmental responsibility, Ridgeline will be powered by 3.5-liter, high-output, V-6 engine and 5-speed automatic transmission with a fully automatic 4-wheel drive system and a long list of standard safety features including 4-wheel anti-lock brakes, side curtain airbags and Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) with traction control. Complete details on the Ridgeline’s innovative new approach to the truck market will be available at the 2005 North American International Auto Show in January."

toE
05-11-2004, 12:55 AM
3.5 liter V6 aye? interesting...swap this into an NSX :p

DCLXVI
05-11-2004, 01:43 AM
is there any interior pics.. look hell sturdy..

panda[cRx]
05-11-2004, 04:56 AM
thats all i could find, but i remember there was a write up about it in the herald sun (melb paper) car section a few months ago, had a few concept pics i think.
honda did it targeting the huge SUV market in the states, but what are the odds of seeing any here? pretty slim i reckon, i i'm talkin about personal imports

tuff looking car although it almost doesnt look real