PDA

View Full Version : Disputing Moderator Actions

wynode
09-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Hi all,

Just to clarify I thought I would make this brief checklist of what to do if/when you are not happy with a moderator's decission / actions.

Follow this in order else your request WILL be ignored.

If you have a problem with a moderator's actions:

Contact the moderator who you have an issue with directly first.
If you do not come to an acceptable resolution then message one of the other moderators to take a look at the problem. Let the original moderator know this too.
If you are not happy with the outcome of #1 and #2 above then make a thread in the Site Discussion forum or send either myself or bennjamin a Private Message.

Note that threads made in the site discussion forum which do not follow the steps above will be closed. Remember to be curtious in your messages as nobody likes being attacked and / or approached aggressively.

Treat the moderators with some respect and expect to be treated with respect in return.

I will keep this thread open for a bit to get some feedback. Spam it and I will close it ASAP.

curtis265
09-06-2009, 11:51 PM
Good idea Wynode... Sounds good to me...

What if you got banned though?

INVSBL
09-06-2009, 11:59 PM
well done wynode, brilliant idea.

trism
10-06-2009, 01:53 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Twincam16
10-06-2009, 01:13 PM

It would take more than one infraction (unless very serious) to get yourself banned.

So if somebody decides to speak up after they have already recieved 20 pts, my guess is they will just have to wait until ban is lifted.

dc2dc2dc2
10-06-2009, 01:15 PM
bit unfair isn't it?

u have to wait 1 month before u can speak the truth.

wynode
10-06-2009, 01:21 PM
It would take more than one infraction (unless very serious) to get yourself banned.

So if somebody decides to speak up after they have already recieved 20 pts, my guess is they will just have to wait until ban is lifted.

Couldn't have said it better myself. However there is the Contact Us (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/sendmessage.php)form at the bottom of the page which you can use.

dc2dc2dc2
10-06-2009, 01:22 PM
when ur banned wyn.

all u get is an error link.

page does not load.

Type S Tony
10-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself. However there is the Contact Us (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/sendmessage.php)form at the bottom of the page which you can use.

While i was banned i sent 2 messaged to the *Contact us* mail box & both were ignored!

Twincam16
10-06-2009, 01:27 PM
bit unfair isn't it?

u have to wait 1 month before u can speak the truth.

You could always email or try to contact via msn through another member.

I think this new method is directed at cases where somebody feels they have been given a one-off infraction that shouldnt have been given.

Say if somebody has already racked up 18 pts, and they get a final infraction, and feel its unfair so decide to bring this up with a supermod but they cant as they are banned, what should be done?

Where is the line drawn before a member becomes a problem...

dc2dc2dc2
10-06-2009, 01:32 PM
if u get another member to speak on ur behalf

probably get accused of having 2 accounts.

ie. me

i think its a bit steep though, dont follow thoughs steps or u will be ignored.

its like saying to a n00b, learn to search.

or no one will ever answer ur questions.

someitmes its easier to go straight to the big bosses, rather than shitting around in circles with 3 different people

Type S Tony
10-06-2009, 01:35 PM
ONCE AGAIN!

While i was banned i sent 2 messages to the *Contact us* mail box & both were ignored!

wynode
10-06-2009, 01:55 PM
when ur banned wyn.

all u get is an error link.

page does not load.

Works fine as shown below.

While i was banned i sent 2 messaged to the *Contact us* mail box & both were ignored!

Your ban was warranted. Hence your Contact us requested was ignored.

dc2dc2dc2
10-06-2009, 04:40 PM
ignored?

thats a bit unfair.

at least give the guy a reply saying why it was warranted and future emails from him would be ignored. Any form of communication is good. At least he knows that the emails he sent had been received and looked at.

joyride
11-06-2009, 02:37 PM
You could always email or try to contact via msn through another member...
some of the people who have been previously banned and get banned again can speak to burak213 (i know you guys are all e-buddies, no harm there). he can speak to me directly and i'll discuss it with the moderator team.

Type S Tony
11-06-2009, 02:40 PM
ignored?

thats a bit unfair.

at least give the guy a reply saying why it was warranted and future emails from him would be ignored. Any form of communication is good. At least he knows that the emails he sent had been received and looked at.

Uno thats all i really wanted to know, why i had been banned, but i sat around and waited till the ban was lifted & then i come back & hear this crap!

wynode
11-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Uno thats all i really wanted to know, why i had been banned, but i sat around and waited till the ban was lifted & then i come back & hear this crap!

Don't know what your'e talking about but when a banned user signs in the first message they see is why they have been banned. Getting a ban is not a surprise because you need 20 infraction points to actually get banned. It doesn't 'just happen'.

If you have a problem with your ban then read the first post to find out what you can do thanks.

First and final warning to keep replies related to the topic on hand. I don't want to close this thread as some members might want to give constructive feedback. However if replies go off topic then I will close it.