PDA

View Full Version : EG hatch / Sedan Projector Headlights

Migoreng_Noodles
11-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Hi there

Where do I get these headlights from?

Are they off a stock JDM EG6?

I really want to finally get a high quality HID setup, so I think this + high quality HID kit would work nicely, and be legal?

Picc here, shameless stolen from Yona's thread.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/egk24/DSC00123.jpg?t=1242270555

end7
11-06-2009, 01:22 PM
well not sure if they are eg6 lights, but http://www.ozparts.com.au/index.asp sells some replicas... the real ones are called denji lights (after the manufacture i presume). halogen projectors are slightly diffrent to hid projectors~ but having said that they should be pretty good- alot better than hids in normal head lights

Migoreng_Noodles
11-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Is there such thing as a 'hid projector' headlight for EG?

kcokla
11-06-2009, 01:33 PM
no there not off stock eg6
stock eg6 is the same as non eg6 except in plastic

GEG
12-06-2009, 12:18 AM
i dont get it, i was just looking at these
since the stock eg uses the hi and low out of the one bulb, how do you make it work with the projector plus the normal light area

do you need some plug adapter to make 2 new bulbs come out of the one factory harness?

Spunkymonkey
12-06-2009, 08:36 AM
i dont get it, i was just looking at these
since the stock eg uses the hi and low out of the one bulb, how do you make it work with the projector plus the normal light area

do you need some plug adapter to make 2 new bulbs come out of the one factory harness?you would need to split up the h4 harness into seperate low beam and high beam.

so in essence, you need two plugs.

Boban
13-06-2009, 02:42 AM
they are already split inside the headlight, h3 for low and h1 for high beams, you just plug them into your standard h4 harness so no worries about fitment

IMO alot better than the standard or aftermarket reflector style headlights
i'm running hid's in those at the moment, not as bright as my old reflectors were but for the "wank" factor they are worth it
I paid $190 for my ones if any one is interested

end7
13-06-2009, 09:19 AM
the only way youll get real HID projectors in a normal EG headlight, is though a retrofit~usually by taking a projector out of a accord euro or something similar and opening up the headlight in the oven to put it in. im pretty sure real HID projectors only come in D2s/d2r etc...

dvsx
13-06-2009, 01:04 PM
there was a second hand set on ebay from a private seller. no one bidded but i don't think the seller has relisted it yet. i was watching it but i didn't end up bidding and lost the link. be on the look out i guess

Sydsyd
14-06-2009, 12:14 AM
they are already split inside the headlight, h3 for low and h1 for high beams, you just plug them into your standard h4 harness so no worries about fitment

i'm running hid's in those at the moment, not as bright as my old reflectors were but for the "wank" factor they are worth it

are they for RHD or LHD? the ebay angel eyes ones are all LHD...just wondering if these ones are for RHD...

Boban
15-06-2009, 01:05 AM
are they for RHD or LHD? the ebay angel eyes ones are all LHD...just wondering if these ones are for RHD...

:confused:beats me off mate, they came from a eg6 front cut imported from japan, if it was good enough for someone over there it's good enough for me, but seriously i haven't had any dramas and the left and right hand sides are sitting even drivers is not higher like you see on the ebay ones

Red_EG4
15-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Hi there

Where do I get these headlights from?

Are they off a stock JDM EG6?

I really want to finally get a high quality HID setup, so I think this + high quality HID kit would work nicely, and be legal?

Picc here, shameless stolen from Yona's thread.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/egk24/DSC00123.jpg?t=1242270555

If you really want those ones have a go at yahoo auctions japan.
Easiest way is to go through importmonster.com.au

Migoreng_Noodles
25-06-2009, 03:23 PM

Sorry haven't been on the net in a while

So you're running these exactly headlights? Do you have any pics mate?

Boban
26-06-2009, 12:46 AM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u286/80ban/IMG_0969.jpg