PDA

View Full Version : New to Euros

CivicSi
11-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm looking at buying a 2004-05 manual euro luxury (i want leather and i'd also prefer a full lip kit already on there)... I took one for a test drive today (not the best example, no sunroof, no leather etc.... but still very nice to drive) and i noticed that the radio looks to be pretty much irreplaceable.... I was wondering if there are alternatives, obviously speakers can be replaced and amped... but my biggest question in how hard is it to get a sub installed with the factory unit and are there any 'get arounds' in terms of audio sources? Ultimately i'd like to be able to stream music via bluetooth like i do now in my Prelude, but given it doesn't look like i can replace the unit i'm not sure if this is going to be possible!

Thanks in advance for your advice!

aaronng
11-06-2009, 02:11 PM
You can sacrifice the center compartment beneath the volume knob and fit a single or double DIN unit in there with the use of a DIN fascia.

JN7
11-06-2009, 02:13 PM
hey mate,
theres quite a few members here that have their subs and amp connected to the stock headunit. the only difference to hooking these up to aftermarket headunits is that you require a convertor (forgot what they are specifically called).

enkay
11-06-2009, 02:13 PM
what ppl seem to do with the euro, is take out the compartment box underneath it, and put the aftermarket stuff there.
this is due to if you take out the orginal unit with an aftermarket kit, u lose the dual climate controls.

iLlusion10
11-06-2009, 05:29 PM
High to Low converter to piggy back your sub off the stock head unit:

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=AA0480

tony1234
11-06-2009, 06:04 PM
You need LOCs(line out converters).I'm running an Alpine 4 ch.50WRMS/ch.amp with a Kenwood 120WRMS bridged amp with a 10"Kenwood sub.Boston splits up front with Alpine DDdrives in the rear,dynamat etc.using the factory headunit and it sounds great.

CivicSi
12-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Cool! Sounds like there's a few different ways of getting around the whole built in factory headunit thing!

Is there any way of somehow rigging the factory unit to take an A2DP bluetooth adaptor for audio in, or even just a 3.5mm jack?

Also, i was wondering if an 04 Euro luxury would have an ISO connection?

Thanks for your help so far too, the Euro is a big step and hugely different from the lude!

iLlusion10
13-06-2009, 01:20 AM
To hook it up to an audio in, you can purchase an "xcarlink" or similar device which connects directly to the headunit, just search "aux or ipod" in the accord euro forum, there's a few topics about it.

oat.iphone
13-06-2009, 10:01 AM
You need LOCs(line out converters).I'm running an Alpine 4 ch.50WRMS/ch.amp with a Kenwood 120WRMS bridged amp with a 10"Kenwood sub.Boston splits up front with Alpine DDdrives in the rear,dynamat etc.using the factory headunit and it sounds great.

i'm in the market to upgrade my sound system too, as i've satnav version thus i'm looking to buy inverter to able the dvd watching onto my satnav screen, any idea guys?

between nice sound modz tony, just curious how much does it cost u all up? including labor?

tony1234
13-06-2009, 10:08 AM
i'm in the market to upgrade my sound system too, as i've satnav version thus i'm looking to buy inverter to able the dvd watching onto my satnav screen, any idea guys?

between nice sound modz tony, just curious how much does it cost u all up? including labor?
I supplied speakers and amps.$1000 for labour inc.dynamat cable etc.Took 3 days to finish!:eek:
BTW i have non sat.nav lux.

CivicSi
13-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Well, today was a somewhat wasted trip to Ballarat... Went to have a look at an 04 lux manual with leather and lip kit.... i was quite excited on the way up, the only things wrong he had told me on the phone was a slight chip in one of the foglights and a couple of minor scratches on the bottom of the front lip....

I got there and had a look, the 'chipped' foglight is actually smashed and has pieces missing from the lens, the 'slight scratching on the underside of the lip' was actually gouges that were easily visible looking at the car front on or side on.... Also, the left side skirt was pretty badly scratched, the right skirt didn't line up against the body near the rear door and the drivers door is beny in on the bottom corner and the paint is broken and rust is starting to form..... I've rechecked the photo's from carsales and he's managed to hide this in the angles of the pics he took..... FRUSTRATING!!!!

Anyway, i'm on the hunt for a Euro, sub 25K with a lip kit, Black, Graphite or Blue, Black Leather interior and i would prefer manual but i can compromise as apparently the autos have tiptronic.... if you guys hear anything please let me know!

iLlusion10
13-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Might be easier just to get one without a lip kit, and buy one yourself. Not many euros with body kits around.

CivicSi
13-06-2009, 04:07 PM
I guess you have a point there, but how much is it to get the lip kits? I'm coming from a Prelude where parts are scarce (lip kits, foggies etc) and therefore exorbitantly expensive.... if the kits aren't really all that rare and not overly expensive then it could very much be an option!

Black leather on the other hand is a must, as i imagine that would be hard to change with airbags and all....

rodericb
13-06-2009, 06:32 PM
For the money you're looking at ($25k+orc?) you may get yourself into a manual 06 lux, certainly into a 05 lux manual. It'll take some searching and serious negotiation though! I just had a quick look at carsales.com.au and saw quite a few still in there from when I was looking three months ago.

iLlusion10
14-06-2009, 02:49 AM
CL9 kits are a lot more popular, depending if you want a full body kit, depending if you want an OEM one or mugen one, and legit or replica version.

MiSloVic
19-06-2009, 04:22 PM
or you might want to look for a 06 Euro Sports.. it has the EuroR bodykits and dash.. not too sure what is a typical price for that, though.

HunterZero
19-06-2009, 05:03 PM
I think the Lux in Nighthawk Black Pearl only came with black leather from MY06 onwards. All the earlier ones came with tan leather. So that probably takes Nighthawk off your list unless you get a later one.

- HZ

HunterZero
19-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Euro Sport is very limited edition, only partial leather. Full skirt kit, no wing. I heard they only imported two batches - the first one was only 1000 cars, second one was only 1200 cars. So they are very rare.

- HZ

aaronng
19-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Euro Sport is very limited edition, only partial leather. Full skirt kit, no wing. I heard they only imported two batches - the first one was only 1000 cars, second one was only 1200 cars. So they are very rare.

- HZ

Euro Limited Edition is nicer, it gets the updated instruments, trip computer and a nicer front bar and headlights.

HunterZero
19-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Confused now... I thought Sport == Limited Edition. Same car. They did the first batch in 06, the 2nd batch in 07. There was a silver one in the showroom when I bought mine, I seriously considered it.

So all the limited edition Sports versions had the same shifter knob, red dash lighting (which turned me off it actually as well as no sunroof) and nicer MY06 facelift front bumper as far as I was aware.

- HZ

aaronng
19-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Confused now... I thought Sport == Limited Edition. Same car. They did the first batch in 06, the 2nd batch in 07. There was a silver one in the showroom when I bought mine, I seriously considered it.

So all the limited edition Sports versions had the same shifter knob, red dash lighting (which turned me off it actually as well as no sunroof) and nicer MY06 facelift front bumper as far as I was aware.

- HZ

Ahh, yes. You're right. I got it mixed up with the 2003-2005 Euro R.