PDA

View Full Version : Problem with My Ban

Type S Tony
11-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Don't know what your'e talking about but when a banned user signs in the first message they see is why they have been banned. Getting a ban is not a surprise because you need 20 infraction points to actually get banned. It doesn't 'just happen'.

If you have a problem with your ban then read the first post to find out what you can do thanks.

First and final warning to keep replies related to the topic on hand. I don't want to close this thread as some members might want to give constructive feedback. However if replies go off topic then I will close it.

This supposed message that you speak of never came through to me, hence the reason why im asking you about it & the reason why i sent 2 seperate messages to you guys to help me out. how do i know that if i send a message to the mod who banned me, is gonna reply, how do i know that? i mean you guys wont even reply to a short message of why i got banned & the reason Q Ball gave was you guys dnt give a Sh*t, if you guys dnt give a Sh*t why does this thread im writing in even exist?

wynode
11-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Tony, I have moved your thread out of the thread you seem to be clogging up (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114342&page=2) (despite my requests from you to make a new thread).

To answer you question, a user cannot be banned via the infractions system UNLESS a moderator types in a reason for the ban. This reason comes up when you try to login to the forums.

As for Qball's comment.....I partly agree with him because:
1. You did the wrong thing (multiple times)
2. You got banned yet thought you were in the right
4. You are wasting our time by making false accusations. I do take the time to investigate member complains but when certain members like yourself, dc2x3 and a few others have a winge just for the sake of it.....I realise that my time is better spent responding to genuine feedback from other members.

You had 10 infraction points before than ban. Everyone was warned about abusing the tag system (which you ignored) and then received an infraction of 10 points for abusing the tag system after this. As a result you got a ban. The 10 point infraction (which took you to 20) resulted in a ban.

Like I said....moderators have to enter a reason for the infraction if it will result in you receiving a ban so I think you better have another think before making your accusations. If the reason did not describe clearly why you got the ban....this is another story however you said:

This supposed message that you speak of never came through to me,

Type S Tony
11-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Wynode, I never recieved any notification, not when i went to sign in, not an e-mail showing me a private message was recieved, not nothing untill my ban was over and i was able to log in to see what was up!

My point here is that whilst i was banned i sent 2 seperate messages through the "contact us" link and none of which were replied to! Futhermore to this Q Ball stated clearly that the mods dont care about what i say/think whatever.

Firstly i think its pretty discriminatory that your outcasting me & a few other members from the rest & secondly i think its double standards how you can care about what a member with a problem has to say if they take the proper steps but not care about my questions when i have taken the same steps also,

Im honestly not trying to waste your time cuase your probably pretty busy moderating & all but seriosly i think that was some injustice in my ban, i knew i had 10 points, i dont see how taging thread with "Bok" & "Choy" is worth 10 points?

wynode
11-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Firstly I am here dealing with your issue not just brushing it off. I have been prompted in the past for entering a "ban reason" so that's why I'm saying that a moderator cannot issue an infraction resulting in a ban without putting in a ban reason.

Secondly 10 points for tag abuse was decided previously as per the infractions system (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59373)and I did state that we will be cracking down hard on tag abuse (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112004). The tag system is there for benefit of members so I don't see why they should not have a certain feature because a select few want to abuse the system.

yourfather
11-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Wynode, I never recieved any notification, not when i went to sign in, not an e-mail showing me a private message was recieved, not nothing untill my ban was over and i was able to log in to see what was up!

My point here is that whilst i was banned i sent 2 seperate messages through the "contact us" link and none of which were replied to! Futhermore to this Q Ball stated clearly that the mods dont care about what i say/think whatever.

Firstly i think its pretty discriminatory that your outcasting me & a few other members from the rest & secondly i think its double standards how you can care about what a member with a problem has to say if they take the proper steps but not care about my questions when i have taken the same steps also,

Im honestly not trying to waste your time cuase your probably pretty busy moderating & all but seriosly i think that was some injustice in my ban, i knew i had 10 points, i dont see how taging thread with "Bok" & "Choy" is worth 10 points?

I support you on this.

i never got an email explaining about my ban and I got told that i'll find out what I got banned for when the period was over. (1 month)

it was only when i tried to log in that I found out, and in my opinion it was for a crap reason.

I got 10 points for neg repping this post -

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2174333#post2174333

Type S Tony
11-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Firstly I am here dealing with your issue not just brushing it off. I have been prompted in the past for entering a "ban reason" so that's why I'm saying that a moderator cannot issue an infraction resulting in a ban without putting in a ban reason.

Secondly 10 points for tag abuse was decided previously as per the infractions system (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59373)and I did state that we will be cracking down hard on tag abuse (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112004). The tag system is there for benefit of members so I don't see why they should not have a certain feature because a select few want to abuse the system.

The Words "BOK" & "Choy" are the words i use to remeber certain threads, eveytime i would type them into the search area the 4 or 5 threads i tagged would come up! it benifeted me, i dont see a limit on the amount of tags that can be put on a thread either!

Twincam16
11-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Tony, remember that tagging is not designed for individuals but for a number of people in general to quickly find what they are after, its an additional help to the search function. Obviously, nobody is going to search Bok Choy to find a thread that has nothing to do with food.

It was clear that there was going to be infractions handed out for misuse of the tagging system when it was introduced, so this rules out discrimination.

Type S Tony
12-06-2009, 01:36 PM
** Sigh** ok Fine, I seriosuly cant be bothered arguing about this anymore, im just happy my ban is over and i can use the forums again.

dc2dc2dc2
14-06-2009, 10:02 PM
hi wynode.

you know how u said infractions were dealt out at the discretion of the moderator.

what i dont get is, why certain members get targeted. ie myself receive infractions for something so little why all other members get away with it?

Q_ball
14-06-2009, 10:17 PM
a) You're an ex mod which puts you in a position to better understand the rules... so when you break them, its a clear indication that its a deliberate action on your behalf,

b) You're a repeat offender

bennjamin
14-06-2009, 10:22 PM
tai , please keep direct questions to pm.

otherwise this thread is closed.

wynode
15-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Sorry guys was out of Sydney for the weekend and didn't get a chance to clarify this.

it was only when i tried to log in that I found out, and in my opinion it was for a crap reason.

I think this comment below confirms that there is a notification when a banned user tries to login which provides a reason for the ban. I have also done some testing and confirmed this.

If you did not receive email notifciation regarding your PM then check your UserCP (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/usercp.php)settings for email notification when a PM is received.

However for those who find it soo difficult to read either their email or what comes up on the forum I have allowed users who are banned to view the forum (and PMs) but they cannot do anything else.