PDA

View Full Version : Are There Any Special Deals On GLi (atm) ??

rdster
13-06-2009, 02:00 PM
I want to buy a new white or red manual GLi asap.

My local dealer will only quote the full retail price.....

Does anybody know of any special deals in Vic or NSW at the moment?

dyljoy
13-06-2009, 04:03 PM
U'd better to wait untill end of this mth, i believe u should get better price than normal period.

3riC
14-06-2009, 05:28 PM
i'm looking to buy two VTi-S at the end of the month....i wonder how much i can save buying two at once

Artie
14-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Best bet is for YOU to tell the dealer what you're prepared to pay. Go to the dealership with a sheet of paper listing the model of car you want, transmission, colour and any extras that you want included. At the bottom, type a price that you think you should be able to get it all for. You should be able to achieve a price about $1800 to $2200 below the total recommended retail price (rrp) if you are adding a few extras such as tint, floor mats, bonnet/headlight protectors, weathershields etc to the car. If you just want the car and no extras you should be able to negotiate a deal about $1500 under rrp.

Whatever price you put on the sheet of paper, the dealer will say they can't do it. If you think your price is fair, just say OK thanks very much, I'll need to reconsider and hint that you will be moving on to Mazda, Toyota or Hyundai. The dealer will either come up with something very close to your price or give you a call in a day or so and try to get you back to do a deal.

Without being to obvious, hint to them that you intend to have the car serviced with them (even if you don't). Dealers make more out of the servicing than the sale of the car itself. At the moment they may be prepared to make nothing out of the car if they think they will get you with the servicing.

The price you pay may depend on whether or not they have the model/colour/transmission of your choice in stock.

It is good advice to do your bargaining towards the end of this month (end of financial year). Probably in the last week.

Stick to this plan entirely and you'll get a good deal.

dyljoy
14-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Artie, a good guide to someone in the market. It should help!

Type-R
14-06-2009, 10:14 PM
A family member of mine got a 08 built 09 compliance Gli auto with mats, metallic paint & a full tank of petrol for the low 19’s. I think the car was in stock though. They had no trade-in too. They showed me the contract and it had a discount of like $3000+ on it. I thought it was a pretty good deal. How does this compare 2 what others r getting?

3riC
15-06-2009, 11:34 AM
Artie, thx for the guide....but $2200 off the drive away price? i mean, i'm sorta hoping it'll be abit more.

$1.5 alone is the dealer delivery, which to me seems like standard bs they must wipe off. And so effectively its only $700 off the car, which i dont think is alot considering the current economic status

Type-R
15-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Artie, thx for the guide....but $2200 off the drive away price? i mean, i'm sorta hoping it'll be abit more.

$1.5 alone is the dealer delivery, which to me seems like standard bs they must wipe off. And so effectively its only $700 off the car, which i dont think is alot considering the current economic status

Actually the discount works out to be about $1400 - $1900 once u take out dealer delivery of $1600.

From memory I think the full driveway price was $22,600

RRP 16,990
Auto 2,300
Stamp Duty (3% - QLD) 580
Dealer Delivery 1,600
Rego & CTP 580
Fuel 50
Matts 200
Metailc Paint. 380

Total @ RRP 22,680. However i know that no one pays full retail in these times.

So it puts the discount @ about 3000 – 3500 (approx 15%).

Artie
15-06-2009, 02:47 PM
3riC,

You are in slightly better position by buying two cars. The dealer will work harder to get your business. If you are hoping to get more than $2200 off rrp per car that is fine. Still use my previous post as a guide but start with a lower price - whatever you think you should be able to achieve. The only risk if you start too low is that the dealer will dismiss you completely and wont even attempt to come back and negotiate with you. You may then lose the upper hand having to come back to them.

Also, while the dealer delivery is excessive, there is no way that the dealer will wipe it completely. Dealerships have large warehouses and holding yards that must be paid for including large numbers of staff. They also need to cover the costs for running around doing the rego, car detail etc. If they tell you they're wiping the dealer delivery, they will be adding something elsewhere in the price.

Good luck

3riC
15-06-2009, 03:16 PM
what margin do u guys think is a reasonable price to ask for in buying two cars at once?

garbage
18-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Price: $19700
Purchased: end Jan 2009
Model: 2008 GLi 1.3
Options: Safety pack, floor mats