Drop really nice
spring rate higher than stock one
through block and dip feel betta comfort than before

dunno how long will it last with my stock shocker
but feeling happy with it now

fairly cheap price, unexpect result

Sir_vtec
14-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Springs from coilovers normally have harsher spring rates then stock springs thus your stock shock will most likely wear out quicker with aftermarket springs because they werent designed for lowered springs and it reduces the shock travel for your stock shocks. You ll probably realise the ride might start to get abit bouncy in future.

altong0840
14-06-2009, 05:04 PM
yeah~i know~but now it is good looking~hahahahahttp://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs090.snc1/4648_89511679396_637234396_1951606_5294296_n.jpg
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs104.snc1/4576_89273449396_637234396_1949098_3006139_n.jpg

chunky
14-06-2009, 05:13 PM
damn clean your car bro :p
get some new plates aswell lol

JDM-EGG
14-06-2009, 05:17 PM
is this the ebay coilover sleeves ? looks like its alrite ! good for dropping aye..

myztery
14-06-2009, 05:19 PM
where is the link to the springs you got???

altong0840
14-06-2009, 05:23 PM
just serach CIVIC 92 Coilover on US ebay, the one drop 1-4 inchs, and very nice output rite?

JohnL
15-06-2009, 10:20 AM
i just install the EBAY COILOVER SPRINGS few days ago

fairly cheap price, unexpect result

It is possible to buy good gear from ebay, but I'd tend to want a brand name on it...

I have no experience of the cheaper no name springs widely available on ebay, but I haven't heard good things. Premature sagging seems to be an issue, and a lot of people seem to find that they make the ride "bouncy".

The former is a spring material problem (innapropriate grade steel and / or poor heat treatment), but the latter won't be the springs fault. A 'bouncy' ride is indicative of a fairly high to very high spring rate used with dampers that aren't strong enough to control the spring (i.e. mismatched springs and dampers with dampers that are just too softly valved to start with, or already worn out, or are quickly destroyed by the higher spring rate because the damper is old and marginal or not of high enough quality to cope with the greater loads imparted by the stiffer springs).

If you fit stiff springs then you need good quality dampers or they'll wear out in a relatively short time. Using inappropriately valved, cheap or geriatric dampers with stiffer springs isn't a good idea.

altong0840
15-06-2009, 10:48 AM
good information! but i just looking for the outlook of the car~ not really expect the betta handling but it is out of my expect~ i didn't mean these springs betta than kings or lovells~ it just give me the good look and a bit comfort than the stock one~

hisoka
15-06-2009, 11:39 AM
is he talking about sleeves ?

FastFwd
15-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Ok if your talking about the Adjustable springs you can get from ebay that you slide over your stock suspension. I recommend not using them.

They might feel great in the beginning but the totally destroyed my koni's.

I originally had Koni Shocks and Kmak super lows which were great but i constantly got yellows so i found those Adjustable spring sleaves which felt great cos i could put them as low and as high as i wanted so if i got a yellow it was easy to adjust. We'll in a matter of around 3-4 months it totally destroyed my shocks. The two front shocks were completely rooted beyond repair and the back we almost gone.

I tried to get them repaired but the guy said it wasnt worth it and might aswell buy new ones. So i bought a full set of fully adjustable g4's instead and i love em.

dsp26
15-06-2009, 02:10 PM
you guys who are interested should read this:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78645&highlight=eBay

highly UN-recommended.

they seem cool coz their so damn stiff... thats where the problems come in:
- their not captive
- they dynamically shift camber as soon as their lowered any amount for the above reason.
- you will die on a wet road

dsp26
15-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Agree with JohnL also... the only sleeve design I would trust are the ground control ones... and even then i'd only use them with the koni yellows with the 'special perch/mount.

the stupid thing about the cheapo ones is that their held onto the strut body with allen screws. even if you could make them road legal (yes, sleeves are HIGHLY DEFECTABLE for obvious safety reasons) by welding them onto the strut body, it doesn't solve the captive spring issue... the moment you lower them, the spring no longer touches the uppoer mount... what this means is that, since thers no pre-tension on the 'captive' spring everytime you hit a bump, the shock will bounce and the spring will move out of place. what compounds this is the fact that the springs are so hard, the spring movement is even worse.

dsp26
15-06-2009, 02:21 PM
good information! but i just looking for the outlook of the car~ not really expect the betta handling but it is out of my expect~ i didn't mean these springs betta than kings or lovells~ it just give me the good look and a bit comfort than the stock one~

they won't make your handling 'better' for reasons already mentioned.. but merely give the impression because their stiffer... same with people who lower their cars and think they drive an F1 car all of a sudden

DO NOT get them.

JohnL
15-06-2009, 05:50 PM
they won't make your handling 'better' for reasons already mentioned.. but merely give the impression because their stiffer... same with people who lower their cars and think they drive an F1 car all of a sudden.

Super stiff set ups will make a car's handling feel very 'racy' from lower speeds all the way up to the point at which the car loses grip (often completely) with almost zero warning (and less than no warning in the wet...). This might be more or less acceptable if the limits of adhesion were substantially increased by the much stiffer spring rates, but in reality the opposite will be nearly always the case.

As such, springs like these can lull inexperienced or foolish drivers into thinking that their car has handling capabilities far in excess of what it actually has, with the obvious increased dangers this represents. Is it a co-incidence that a significant number of (usually younger) drivers wrap their riced up cars around telegraph posts? It's dangerous to make large changes to suspension geometries or rates unless you know what you're doing and why.

When I run across pics of these and similar springs on Ebay or wherever, they always have the look of a very very stiff and short spring. It's hard to know whether or not this impression is correct because the springs pictured in the ads are rarely the same as the springs you'll get when you order for a particular car.

But, just about everyhthing I hear people say about them does suggest that they are ridiculously stiff, re-inforcing the impression I have. Super stiff springs seem to be what a large (and ill-informed, and / or dim) segment of the market demands, unfortunately.

dsp26
15-06-2009, 07:00 PM
^^^i completely agree.. speaking from experience and previously had them.

they were sooo stiff that my tyres were always the weak point in traction and almost always broke traction even in the dry.

because their so stiff, as mentioned in my linked post i was quoted 18 or 16 apring rates, the suspension combo couldn't absorb any inertial force whereas decent setups or even the oem setup, under hard brake the nose of the car would actually dip down... these don't car will just slide a direction depending on which corner lost traction first.

i can't even recall all the issues with the rubbish setup coz there were so many.

i was young once upon a time too and thought i had a go kart of a car until this happened at less than 30km/h with near new toyo proxes 4 tyres while exiting a roundabout.... wasn't my fault, but still, could've avoided the hassle of chasing up insurance from the other person when you only have 3rd party :/
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/dsp26/Accident%20No%202/PIC00061.jpg

dsp26
15-06-2009, 07:02 PM
anyways you guys have been warned.... again.. DO NOT GET THEM! especially if you have full comprehensive insurance and you were at fault.

FastFwd
15-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Yeh like i said and dsp26 also they are serious rubbish. Bad engineering and a cheap design to do one thing..lower your car and thats it but they forgot to fix all the bad points to the design which could make or break your car your insurance or even yourself.

In the end the quick fix is just not worth it. They originally cost me $199 and ruined my koni shocks that cost me $799 soo if i just had of bought proper coilovers in the beginning i would have saved money on replacing my shocks and not to mention the excelled wear and tear on bushings and tyres.

This was over 4 years ago when they just came out so there was no info i could relate to on the net. Either way i learned from my mistake...

spardikis
28-06-2009, 10:04 PM
very dangerous guys, i used them for a bit ages ago and took them out as soon as i could, u will destroy your car with them in... trust me!