PDA

View Full Version : The future availability of parts.

ckool
14-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Hi guys,i am fairly new to the forums and just trying to learn as much as possible atm,If things go smoothly i will be purchasing a Type r in the near future.
The only thing thats bothering me atm is not which Type R i want between the Dc2r or Dc5r,and i dont intent to turn this into a which Type R is better thread.
The thing thats bothering me is the Availabilty of parts for the Type R in the future,for example in 5 years time will i still see parts still getting sold if i decide to purchase a Dc2r?I know the Dc5r will probally have no problems since its the current Type R?

Just after some comments and feed back from everyone and Thanks in advance.

Chriskoss
14-06-2009, 06:05 PM
To my understanding, new OEM parts are really pricey (Honda wanted 500 for a door window when I picked up one for 30 elsewhere).. so depends if you want to buy OEM or lucky enough to find 2nd hand off a friend or whatever.. so yeah I think cheap 2nd hand parts will be on the rise with price but its not like your trying to find OEM parts for a classic muscle car

riruiz_88
14-06-2009, 06:15 PM
there will be lots of aftermarket support for both the DC2R & DC5R in the future. but it will get harder and harder to get parts such as interior, optional items that were available only upon purchase of the new car. and many more items that you are only able to get from Honda OEM.

a good example is the optional DC2R side skirts and rear pods. i remember seein 2x side skirts for round $500-$700.

6thgear
15-06-2009, 12:01 AM
i dont think you'd have problems with parts for either car to be honest. keeping in mind the dc2 shape had been around for 7 years or so, so at least there should be plenty of wrecks around for 2nd hand parts haha.

if you're wanting new from Honda, I'm pretty sure they keep parts available for at least 20 years correct me if I'm wrong someone, but I don't think you'd be left without parts in 5 years time...

VTECMACHINE
15-06-2009, 01:42 AM
There will always be OEM, and aftermarket parts for B-series, and K-series engine and also for the DC2 and DC5 chassis'. I think in a few years, the DC2R will become a cult car, sort of like the AE86. The DC5R will never become a cult car IMHO. So in all honesty, in terms of parts availablility in the future, i'd say that the DC2R would be better than the DC5R.
Both are great cars... and parts will be available for both of them in the next 5 years easily.

ckool
20-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Thanks you all for your comments guys,muchly appreciated :D
Just a side note.... theres alot of good cars on the market atm for both Dc2r & dc5r.. woot :D Time to go shopping lol cheers :thumbsup: