PDA

View Full Version : Need help please to interpret Mode $06 data

unity
15-06-2009, 12:22 AM
Can any one please explain what this Mode $06 data is telling me. I am obviously interested in the figure that is highlighted in red.

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu71/unity_aus/album3/untitled1.jpg

FallenAngel
16-06-2009, 09:30 AM
Haha got me stumped...

But i'll take a stab in the dark, i'm guessing it could be something to do with the spark plugs? Going by the units for voltage and misfiring is usually due to the spark plugs.

But i'd also like to find out what exactly it is.

Also is there any particular reason you're using a datalogger for the FD?

unity
16-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Haha got me stumped...

But i'll take a stab in the dark, i'm guessing it could be something to do with the spark plugs? Going by the units for voltage and misfiring is usually due to the spark plugs.

But i'd also like to find out what exactly it is.

Also is there any particular reason you're using a datalogger for the FD?

I brought a car scanner that does data logging as well as DTC's so I thought this might come in handy.

After a bit more reasearch I found that this particular reading is wrong because it has its units in mmHg and the unit should be in seconds. I have written to the company and am awaiting a reply. It could be that the entire reading is wrong or just the units wrong.

CRXer
16-06-2009, 01:27 PM
what confuses me is why u would want to open egr on decel fuel cut?
theres no emissions to take care of & no intake charge to try cool down.
must be some method of keeping the egr passage unclogged or something.......

if that reading is indeed correct,then it depends whether its an absolute vac measurement or not.
if its an absolute value,then u should ring formula 1 & tell them that someone has slipped a turbo under your hood while u werent looking thats generating 1000's of pounds of boost even under no fuel & no throttle conditions......
if its a reading from atmospheric,then u should ring NASA & tell them your engine has exceeded a perfect vacuum & that u possibly have a black hole forming in your engine & the earth could be doomed any moment now.....

in short,its a BS reading & u should check it again or make sure the scanner is configured properly to read a MAP based sensor.

aaronng
16-06-2009, 02:14 PM
^^ haha, I like your reply :thumbsup:

I agree, the scan tool is not properly set up for that particular type of map sensor.

unity
16-06-2009, 02:20 PM
what confuses me is why u would want to open egr on decel fuel cut?
theres no emissions to take care of & no intake charge to try cool down.
must be some method of keeping the egr passage unclogged or something.......

if that reading is indeed correct,then it depends whether its an absolute vac measurement or not.
if its an absolute value,then u should ring formula 1 & tell them that someone has slipped a turbo under your hood while u werent looking thats generating 1000's of pounds of boost even under no fuel & no throttle conditions......
if its a reading from atmospheric,then u should ring NASA & tell them your engine has exceeded a perfect vacuum & that u possibly have a black hole forming in your engine & the earth could be doomed any moment now.....

in short,its a BS reading & u should check it again or make sure the scanner is configured properly to read a MAP based sensor.

Totally agree. Obviously there is a flaw in their programming and it's showing a value that is wrong and also not believable. Someone has probably put the wrong formula or equation into the program hence the ridiculous reading.

CRXer
16-06-2009, 03:00 PM
ive never used an obd2 scanner before,so im just pulling crap out my arse,but is there not some configuration menu in the software to set MAP type?
it could even be set up for MAF or something.

unity
16-06-2009, 04:19 PM
ive never used an obd2 scanner before,so im just pulling crap out my arse,but is there not some configuration menu in the software to set MAP type?
it could even be set up for MAF or something.

There could be. I have not really played around with it all that much. I'll look into that next time I use it.