PDA

View Full Version : How Honda could improve the 09 Jazz.

Tinter
15-06-2009, 11:04 PM
Post your comments here for those that may not have one yet.
The things you don't become aware of until you actually have one in your possession.

3riC
16-06-2009, 12:09 AM
bring over the moon-roof.

kongfu
16-06-2009, 02:26 AM
pretty much pointless topic.

I would like honda bring full JDM spec Honda in the future. But I know its impossible.

Japanese always keep the best for themselves everyone knows that.

FitRS
16-06-2009, 07:25 AM
pretty much pointless topic.

I would like honda bring full JDM spec Honda in the future. But I know its impossible.

Japanese always keep the best for themselves everyone knows that.
I don't think it's a matter of Japanese keeping the best for themselves, more a matter of Australia cost cutting to maximise profits.

Tinter
16-06-2009, 08:53 AM
I don't think it's a matter of Japanese keeping the best for themselves, more a matter of Australia cost cutting to maximise profits.

Point taken and it's very obvious how Honda has cut costs by deleting features in order for them to make more profit...the public isn't dumb and can see through that.
Like no rear spoiler and foglight setup that was on the first model top of the range which is not on the VTI-S.

Purely from a car point of view in design, there are a few things that could be done a lot better and this will be of no interest to Kongfu who thinks this is a waste of time topic.
The tailgate stoplight is right in the field of view when looking out of the rear screen and it is very annoying and almost unsafe.
The similar in design Mercedes A170 has it incorporated as a small strip of LED's in the metal work which is a much better idea.

The internal dash lighting is a dog's breakfast.
The part in front of the driver is a lovely soft orange but the centre part is all white including the floor shifter.
This is at odds with the theme (including the under floor orange ambient lighting option) and Honda should look closely at the Mazda 3 SP which has it all the same.

The moonroof suggestion option is a great one and add to that leather too.

Not forgetting the lack of ESC which is one of the worst deletions.

kongfu
16-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Point taken and it's very obvious how Honda has cut costs by deleting features in order for them to make more profit...the public isn't dumb and can see through that.
Like no rear spoiler and foglight setup that was on the first model top of the range which is not on the VTI-S.

Purely from a car point of view in design, there are a few things that could be done a lot better and this will be of no interest to Kongfu who thinks this is a waste of time topic.
The tailgate stoplight is right in the field of view when looking out of the rear screen and it is very annoying and almost unsafe.
The similar in design Mercedes A170 has it incorporated as a small strip of LED's in the metal work which is a much better idea.

The part in front of the driver is a lovely soft orange but the centre part is all white including the floor shifter.
This is at odds with the theme (including the under floor orange ambient lighting option) and Honda should look closely at the Mazda 3 SP which has it all the same.

I hope your constructive and creative thinking would help Honda or help honda lovers in Australia get the best model in the future.

Hopefully your reply can be brought the attention to Honda Australia Managing Director & CEO, Mr. Yasuhide Mizuno.

rossw
16-06-2009, 02:08 PM
My list:

- ESC
- dashboard lighting control should change audio system lights as well. At the moment, if you turn on your headlights in the daytime, the audio display gets too dim to read.
- 6th gear on the manual, or the Euro sequential i-shift box.
- cruise control without having to pay $$$ for VTi-S and unwanted body kit
- The outside temp gauge from the European models
- a proper water temp gauge
- a trip computer that's accurate

bc143
16-06-2009, 02:46 PM

200% agree look at the range they carry esp the pointless legend!! why no stepwagon why thai built jazz so damn expensive while they enjoy the low(may be 0) import tax(from thai)
just like our bloody banker......

Tinter
16-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Yes an outside temperature gauge should be included as standard...great suggestion.
Laminated graduated tinted windscreen band should be standard for Australia's climate but I can fix that.

Ohhh and another very important exclusion...no variable windscreen wiper speed control which in this day and age is appauling.

rossw
16-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Yes an outside temperature gauge should be included as standard...great suggestion.
Laminated graduated tinted windscreen band should be standard for Australia's climate but I can fix that.

Ohhh and another very important exclusion...no variable windscreen wiper speed control which in this day and age is appauling.

I agree about the variable windscreen wiper. It's penny pinching big time.

The windscreen and all the windows are heat resistant glass already (plays havoc with my garage door opener actually). I've certainly had no real issues with the car getting hot inside, so the only reason for tint is if you like it dark inside... or if you install tint for a living of course;)

fundies
16-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Cvt.....

Tinter
16-06-2009, 06:58 PM
I agree about the variable windscreen wiper. It's penny pinching big time.

The windscreen and all the windows are heat resistant glass already (plays havoc with my garage door opener actually). I've certainly had no real issues with the car getting hot inside, so the only reason for tint is if you like it dark inside... or if you install tint for a living of course;)

The factory glass offers a very small solar energy rejection because it is only coloured glass. I've put meters on it prior to my installation to verify that.
I now have a metalised heat reflective titanium film on it which now rejects a huge 70% of the total solar energy and filters 99% of the damaging ultra violet.

I'd look elsewhere for the garage door problem as that factory glass will not affect the transmitted signal.
Cosmetically it sure improves the look.

EG5[KRT]
16-06-2009, 11:10 PM
more power :D and better accessories.. the body accessories are so minimal with vtis....

Tinter
17-07-2009, 07:36 PM
After more driving.........a better driver's seat set of adjustments.
eg. The base of the seat needs an incline lift that only effects the base you sit on so that you can have better support under the thighs....this is not available.

More lateral side support to the front seats.

It also needs an aerial type thing I've seen on some Japanese imports that indicates the proximity of the very front passenger side corner bumper.
It is very difficult to detirmine where the exact front is when parking up against something close because of the short drop nose.

UNLS1
21-07-2009, 03:27 PM

lol nit picking much>? why didnt u buy the A class.

As for ESC we would love it, but thialand cant put it in yet, it was never deleted. We will get it soon.

moon roof.....once again why didnt u buy an A class?

Tinter
21-07-2009, 06:46 PM
lol nit picking much>? why didnt u buy the A class.

As for ESC we would love it, but thialand cant put it in yet, it was never deleted. We will get it soon.

moon roof.....once again why didnt u buy an A class?
Money.

90LAN
21-07-2009, 07:00 PM
type r version
k20 motor / 5 lug wheels with brembo brakes
recaro interior
jazz has a perfect racing chassis/shell already
so why not just add the finishing touches to it

GTI-Jazz
27-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Are you serious 90LAN or just being funny?

Jazz = perfect racing chassis?

Can I have some of whatever you're smoking? =)

90LAN
28-07-2009, 07:01 AM
Are you serious 90LAN or just being funny?

Jazz = perfect racing chassis?

Can I have some of whatever you're smoking? =)

well do your research buddy
the chasis is built like race car designs
guess you learn some thing new everyday
dont you
i guess you better stop smoking what your are smoking so you are more sober to realise

rossw
28-07-2009, 10:28 AM

Citation needed re differences from Toyota Yaris, Mazda 2, any other car with 4/5 star NCAP rating, front struts and rear twist beam that make it so perfect for racing.

aaronng
28-07-2009, 10:35 AM
dont you
i guess you better stop smoking what your are smoking so you are more sober to realise

Race cars use tubular spaceframe..... The Jazz just has a double layered floor, hardly race car heritage. Stop assuming what you watch on VTEC Club as hard facts. It is like Top Gear, trying to be entertaining.

90LAN
28-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Race cars use tubular spaceframe..... The Jazz just has a double layered floor, hardly race car heritage. Stop assuming what you watch on VTEC Club as hard facts. It is like Top Gear, trying to be entertaining.

oh really
were talking about from the factory based jazz
not full on race cars
it is a good base to start with
just needs the mods as mentioned above to make it a good car
e.g look at the j's racing jazz

yourfather
28-07-2009, 03:59 PM

Ohh shiiiii

http://www.intrinsicperformance.com/images/racecars/IPS-AHA-MM-CRX_03.jpg

GTI-Jazz
28-07-2009, 09:27 PM
dont you

Wake up to yourself. Honestly.

What about it's high centre of gravity? It's narrow wheel base?

Granted, the K20 is a good engine. No doubt, but a Jazz does not make for a good race car, no matter how you spec it up. It's not a great platform to start with if you're wanting to build a 'race' car, even a street legal one.

I hope your head isn't that far up your arse while you're driving around.

GTI-Jazz
28-07-2009, 09:34 PM
just needs the mods as mentioned above to make it a good car

You're changing your argument here too. I was not saying those mods would not make it a (better) car. You stated, and I quote:

jazz has a perfect racing chassis/shell

Firstly, you say "perfect", followed by "racing chassis/shell".

I know a bunch of people that'll love to read your thoughts on this. Great comedy 90LAN. :thumbsup:

90LAN
29-07-2009, 07:01 AM
You're changing your argument here too. I was not saying those mods would not make it a (better) car. You stated, and I quote:

Firstly, you say "perfect", followed by "racing chassis/shell".

I know a bunch of people that'll love to read your thoughts on this. Great comedy 90LAN. :thumbsup:

well you must drive a grocery getter jazz
i can understand now why you have your views
thanks for sharing

rossw
29-07-2009, 08:36 AM
thanks for sharing

The factory provides no other kind.

Now those belonging to some here...;) But they didn't start out with a "perfect racing chassis", they modified a shopping trolley. A great shopping trolley, but still a shopping trolley, not a sports car.

GTI-Jazz
29-07-2009, 10:04 AM
thanks for sharing

Irrespective of what engine/suspension/brake modifications you do to your Jazz, it still doesn't have a 'perfect racing chassis', let alone a racing chassis at all.

UNLS1
05-08-2009, 09:54 AM
lol @ using 'Jazz' and 'Racecar" in the same sentence.

EPIC FAIL!

ITS A JAZZ FFS! dont ever mention performance and race car chassis ever again whilst talking jazz lol

90LAN
06-08-2009, 06:26 AM
lol @ using 'Jazz' and 'Racecar" in the same sentence.

EPIC FAIL!

ITS A JAZZ FFS! dont ever mention performance and race car chassis ever again whilst talking jazz lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r71sj7lLfPM&feature=related

watch and weep buddy

rossw
06-08-2009, 07:04 AM

watch and weep buddy

OK, I'll just pop down to my Honda dealer and buy one just like it, shall I?

Your argument was that the Jazz is a PERFECT race chassis. Just because someone actually races it proves nothing, and doesn't make it perfect. People will race anything. They will take something that isn't perfect and MODIFY it - just like this guy has done.

This guy has spent $$$ to turn a Jazz into a race car. IT has a completely different engine. It has braces everywhere to stiffen it up. It has been lowered to about 3" off the bitumen, probably using coilovers. You can turn anything into a race car by spending enough $.

The Jazz is a very fine small car, but it isn't designed with racing in mind.

THIS is designed with racing in mind(click for a bigger picture):
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m212/murph0o7/th_DSC_0101.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/image/lotus elise/murph0o7/DSC_0101.jpg?o=22)

Note the almost complete lack of luggage space, the mid mounted engine, the low profile.

Now show me a purpose buit race car (not a modified road car) that uses a strut front end and a twist beam rear end.

You won't find one because such a system does not constitute a "perfect racing chassis". It can be made to work for racing, but it is a compromise. Perfection does not allow compromise.

UNLS1
06-08-2009, 08:54 AM

watch and weep buddy

worst point to make ever!

the reason why has been explained by rossw.

The jazz is a fantastic car, love to sell them.

but i lol @ having racing in mind when designing it. pls get ur hand of it.

FitRS
06-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Well that's the problem when Honda market everything as the Power of Dreams with racing heritage.

kongfu
06-08-2009, 12:33 PM

watch and weep buddy

I agree with 90LAN 's opinion...FIT(JAZZ) is a very good chassis for race at least lots of potential....its just a matter of who is willing to release it:thumbsup:

js racing k24 project is just pure sexy!

however to be honest im not happy about stock form of jazz's performance and handling...need to spend $ on it to make it more fun to drive.:thumbsup:

my 2c

rossw
06-08-2009, 04:43 PM
I agree with 90LAN 's opinion...FIT(JAZZ) is a very good chassis for race at least lots of potential....its just a matter of who is willing to release it:thumbsup:

js racing k24 project is just pure sexy!

however to be honest im not happy about stock form of jazz's performance and handling...need to spend $ on it to make it more fun to drive.:thumbsup:

my 2c

You contradicted yourself within 3 sentences.

Anything has lots of potential if you throw money at it.

90LAN
06-08-2009, 06:07 PM
to the point how could you improve the jazz
my point was its chasis was say ready to race as it has been stiffen from the factory
double layer and central fuel tank etc
perfect was not the correct word to use this time

but add the extra performance parts i mentioned before it would be a good package
for alot less than more expensive fast cars consider more like race cars from the factory

heres a explaination
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-AiJxM7u0M&feature=related

Tinter
09-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Well I've now taken away the high level brake light (and it will be permanent) in order to actually improve safety vision.
The vision out the rear is now dramatically improved.

I found it that bad that a complete car could disappear from the central view behind the light at a distance.
About 20-25% of the loss of seeing ability occurs because of it.

I've contacted Honda Head office to no avail to express my discontent with the feature and typically it fell on deaf ears....contact the dealer they said.
Didn't even want to take a note of the gripe.
Anyway enjoying the new vision out the rear now despite the limited risk of not having the light.

I'm trying to find an alternative light from a different make of car that can be installed instead.

UNLS1
10-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Well I've now taken away the high level brake light (and it will be permanent) in order to actually improve safety vision.
The vision out the rear is now dramatically improved.

I found it that bad that a complete car could disappear from the central view behind the light at a distance.
About 20-25% of the loss of seeing ability occurs because of it.

I've contacted Honda Head office to no avail to express my discontent with the feature and typically it fell on deaf ears....contact the dealer they said.
Didn't even want to take a note of the gripe.
Anyway enjoying the new vision out the rear now despite the limited risk of not having the light.

I'm trying to find an alternative light from a different make of car that can be installed instead.

in 5 years of selling hondas ive never once had anyone complain about your problem. hence why honda dont really care.

Tinter
10-09-2009, 06:50 PM
in 5 years of selling hondas ive never once had anyone complain about your problem. hence why honda dont really care.

Well why would they? You are in sales and not service.
I didn't notice it until I experienced actual ownership and I'm only commenting on the new Jazz 2009 and have no idea of the rest of the range as it doesn't effect me.
About to buy a CRV and we'll see how that goes.

terryansimon
10-09-2009, 11:52 PM
I don't understand why the moonroof version doesn't make its way to Australia.

kongfu
10-09-2009, 11:55 PM

$ issue, good equipment/standards=more $

Tinter
11-09-2009, 08:30 AM

Bottom line profit...one of my customers is getting an aftermarket one installed this week.
I'll post up a pic.

FitRS
13-09-2009, 04:32 PM
All of the above plus Honda Australia know that only a few people would pay for such a feature which would have to be made in the factories in Thailand. They don't want to add the additional manufacturing cost if Honda Australia can't make a decent return on investment at their prices. The Jazz is already over priced and to add the Moonroof/Skyroof option would put the cost of it way beyond any reasonable measure when you could by a French car and have the same feature for less.

Tinter
13-09-2009, 04:56 PM
We've done 4000kms in our new 09 VTI-S now and is our first Honda.

Would we buy another Jazz? More than likely no.

Reason is highlighted again today after a return trip to Marysville.

The engine is thrashy up and around windy curved roads with lack lustre performance...it hunts for gears that don't exist!
The shift paddles are truely a gimmick and lack the alternative floor shifter tiptronic which is so needed during curved road spirited driving.
Having it only on the wheel is a somewhat troublesome enigma especially if your hands are positioned anywhere but in the horizontal position.

Seats are uncomfortable with little support on longer hauls but economy is fantastic making for cheap motoring.
Just my 2 cc.