PDA

View Full Version : 5Zigen muffler?

ian
05-11-2004, 12:40 PM
5Zigen axle back muffler.........any good? (for my Civic coupe VTiR)
Would it be better if i match it with a stainless steel 2.1" mandrel bent custom cat-back piping to make a difference? Otherwise, i'd just get noise, right?

HRV-80Y
05-11-2004, 01:09 PM
hey ian...ask darren i fink he has a 5Zigen on his car but its not a vtir...its a stock standard VTI COUPE! = p

r|Ce_bOi
05-11-2004, 09:42 PM
5 zigen exhaust is well worth the price
i had one on my previous civic vtir, very nice sound and not drowning in the car.
quiet at cruising speeds and on the hwy but sounds great in vtec mode.
i had a friend with a vtir aswell but had a liverpool exhaust cheaper alternative but very very loud.. even with the silencer

you pay for price and quality :)
5 zigen have spent time researching and developing there products and therefore why they have reputable name.
Its worth your while in the long run :D

Here is a picture of mine on my previous car

http://members.optusnet.com.au/dignacio/Blue%20and%20Gold%20Civics%20008%20(Medium).jpg

mytoycivic
05-11-2004, 09:58 PM
how much did that cost you out of interest?

panda[cRx]
06-11-2004, 06:51 AM
just get a '5zigen style' muffler from ebay, same shit for 10% of price
u can get them for like US$20

all a muffler is is metal piping so i dont get why people spend so much on name brand stuff (sure they have R&D) but can u honestly justify say, paying for a name brand cat back system for 1000 or paying 50bux on replica muffer + cost for same diameter piping.
i know ppl gonna say mugen twin loop this and titanium that but meh, i'm not listnening :D i cant hear yooou!

r|Ce_bOi
06-11-2004, 07:14 PM
The exhaust is axle back and roughly cost me $650
roughly upto $1k if you included piping from the cat back.

yes.. you can go out and buy your $50 exhausts at joe's exhaust but you must understand you pay top $$$ for performance parts because they perform they way were built and designed with high quality.

honestly speaking, exhaust characteristics like back pressure is important especially in NA cars as it adds up when extracting as many KW's out of the modification and how the car drives on the road.

do things right the first time else you'll pay the price in paying more money to get the job done right.

Ian: your car is of very high quality especially with your interior and rims, i would highly recommend a nice exhaust to top it off to complement the car.

good luck..

Chi
06-11-2004, 11:15 PM
I agree with rice boi, i wouldnt go for some chepa ass after market exhaust.

It does make a difference for a more high quality part, but doesnt mean u hafta pay top price.

Just need to know where to get it cheap :D

Weq
07-11-2004, 11:36 AM
dont get an exahust now if u wanna go turbo.

ATSE
08-11-2004, 04:09 PM
I got the exact same exhuast as you Rice Boi.. and itz very nice... nice n quiet when cruising and a deep aggresive sound when in Vtec mode.

panda[cRx]
08-11-2004, 04:36 PM
pffft what a load of shit

Chi
08-11-2004, 04:51 PM
dont get an exahust now if u wanna go turbo.

No ones goign turbo weq!!!!

Stop persuading others to boost like u, You already have MR JDM !!! :p

sivic
08-11-2004, 05:01 PM
although performance difference between cheap and top shelf mufflers is not much the note you get is. those cheap ones sounds like shit, the big brand ones sound good. simple( and this is not a load of shit as i, and i'm sure most others, have seen enough examples of decent vs crap mufllers to see/hear there is a diff) . so it comes down to if you think that is important or not :thumbsup:

rocky_b
08-11-2004, 05:07 PM
shiet. hella that 5zigen muffler is freakn awesom. looks nice. get 1 ian! hahah and i'll make sure i get one too...or maybe even skunk2 mayn..

shh... JACKSONS RACING Supercharger!! get one.. hahah hush hush!! :D

ian
08-11-2004, 06:39 PM
No ones goign turbo weq!!!!

Stop persuading others to boost like u, You already have MR JDM !!! :p
well Chi.........the thought has crossed my mind and I've already spoken to weq about it............... ;)

SiR
08-11-2004, 08:19 PM
I got the exact same exhuast as you Rice Boi.. and itz very nice... nice n quiet when cruising and a deep aggresive sound when in Vtec mode.

Nice! But quiet as in Mugen Twin Loop quiet, or a bit louder?

Perry
08-11-2004, 11:17 PM
you pay for wat u get cheapo exhuast makes bad rattle noises when rev hard, sumtimes go for quality brand is good if you goin towards the modifying route, saves money the long run

ATSE
09-11-2004, 07:48 AM
Prob a bit louder than the mugen... but not by much

SiR
09-11-2004, 10:52 AM
Ah, that's cool. Do you know where I can find some dB ratings for the 5Zigen axleback so I can compare those figures with the Mugen TL?

r|Ce_bOi
09-11-2004, 12:20 PM
Ah, that's cool. Do you know where I can find some dB ratings for the 5Zigen axleback so I can compare those figures with the Mugen TL?

learning from experience with owing one of these exhausts, the sound is well under the legal limit of 94db if that helps.

am i right in saying 94db for the legal noise limit ?

projekt kal
09-11-2004, 10:17 PM
i jus bought a new civic wid a 5zigen catback... and now i got a headache...

maybe its jus coz im not used to it yet...