PDA

View Full Version : civic 92 cigarette lighter socket cannot hold the position

altong0840
16-06-2009, 12:43 PM
hi everyone~i bought a set of double din centre console with ashtray and cigarette lighter socket kit to replace my OEM EG4 centre console, but i just discover the cigarette lighter socket is very loose and it drop in the cigarette lighter hole, and i broke my OEM cigarette lighter socket holder peice, so is it any way i can hold the cigarette lighter tight and nice on my new centre console??? cheez

joyride
16-06-2009, 01:31 PM
jam it with some paper or use super glue.

bennjamin
16-06-2009, 02:07 PM
jam it with some paper or use super glue.

paper or any type of combustible material , in the range of a ciggie lighters heat sink is not smart. It will catch fire :)

I advice to take out the centre console section , screw off the ciggie lighter and have alook at what exactly is missing. The lighter unit simply "screws" to the plastic centre console so it should be too hard to fix with a quick look.

joyride
16-06-2009, 03:14 PM
paper or any type of combustible material , in the range of a ciggie lighters heat sink is not smart. It will catch fire :)
hahaha i didnt even think of that. fail.

CRXer
16-06-2009, 03:20 PM
jam a ciggie in there,then if it spontaneously combusts,just sit back & enjoy soothing ciggie break

dvsx
16-06-2009, 03:29 PM
u could jam it with paper couldn't you? and just unplug the lighter? unless you use it of course. i don't use mine

Typhoontimmy
16-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Mate of mine used garden hose, seemed to work alright.

altong0840
17-06-2009, 12:26 AM

I advice to take out the centre console section , screw off the ciggie lighter and have alook at what exactly is missing. The lighter unit simply "screws" to the plastic centre console so it should be too hard to fix with a quick look.

i missing the pecies of plastic "screws" between The lighter unit~ that is the problem.......is there any subsitute stuff i can use????