PDA

View Full Version : Easter eggs in the trip computer

rossw
16-06-2009, 02:12 PM
On Whirlpool someone has mentioned the easter egg in the VT Commodore, that allows you to get an digital speed display on the trip computer with a certain button combination.

Other cars can display different parameters using "secret" button combinations.

Has anyone found something similar for the Jazz? It would be nice to have access to a proper temp gauge.

UNLS1
18-06-2009, 12:45 PM
On Whirlpool someone has mentioned the easter egg in the VT Commodore, that allows you to get an digital speed display on the trip computer with a certain button combination.

Other cars can display different parameters using "secret" button combinations.

Has anyone found something similar for the Jazz? It would be nice to have access to a proper temp gauge.

with commodore this is true, with jazz this is NOT true.
no temp guage

thats it!

23-06-2009, 01:03 AM
not gonna work..
different settings.

if you want get the JDM or asian market dash to replace urs ;)

d15z1SUX
23-06-2009, 01:14 AM
what u do for the vt commodore trip computer i drive one for work lol... i think its a vt lol

rossw
23-06-2009, 07:28 AM
what u do for the vt commodore trip computer i drive one for work lol... i think its a vt lol

Don't try this at home. If you break it, you get to keep both pieces. Keep out of reach of children, no responsibility taken if you blow it up, get fired for stuffing up the car, etc.:eek:

This information comes from the Whirlpool forum. I haven't verified it, because I don't have access to a VT Commodore. It might work for VS and VZ as well.

The whirlpool thread is at http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1222186

If you hold the up and down buttons at the same time on the speed alert, start the car and then release the buttons, the display changes to a real time digital speedo. CAUTION - Apparently this may also stop your other instruments from working.

If you hold Mode and the up button on the speed alert, it will bring up a digital speedo, tacho, volts, fuel in tank, l/hr fuel consumption and some diagnostic parameters.

Turn the car off and restart to reset it to normal. You can get your display permanently altered at any Holden Dealer, who have the means to alter programming.

Try both of these and see which one works.

sam.
26-06-2009, 08:32 AM
and the speedo it shows up is tiny, as big as the box surrounding what gear u are in on the dash, it's useless

rossw
26-06-2009, 11:39 AM
This Link from the US Fit Forum. I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know if it will do anything.

I suspect it's intended for testing the automatic volume function.

http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-present/31220-interesting-facts-little-stuff-new-post.html

Red_EG4
26-06-2009, 01:23 PM
It works in the VS on the Speed alert thingo.
Can the jazz do those dash light shows that I've seen the civics do?

rossw
26-06-2009, 01:44 PM
It works in the VS on the Speed alert thingo.
Can the jazz do those dash light shows that I've seen the civics do?

This from the service manual:

Entering the self-diagnostic function (manual method)
Push and hold the SELECT/RESET switch button.
Turn the combination light switch ( ) ON.
Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
Within 2−5 sec., turn the combination light switch ( ) OFF, then ON and OFF again.
Within 5 sec., release the SELECT/RESET switch button, and then push and release the button three times repeatedly.
NOTE:
While in the self-diagnostic mode, the dash lights brightness controller operates normally.
While in the self-diagnostic mode, the SELECT/RESET button is used to start the Beeper Drive Circuit Test and the Gauge Drive Circuit Check.
If the vehicle speed exceeds 2 km/h (1.2 mph) or the ignition switch is turned to LOCK (0), the self-diagnostic mode ends.

Entering the self-diagnostic function (manual method)
Push and hold the SELECT/RESET switch button.
Turn the combination light switch ( ) ON.
Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
Within 2−5 sec., turn the combination light switch ( ) OFF, then ON and OFF again.
Within 5 sec., release the SELECT/RESET switch button, and then push and release the button three times repeatedly.
NOTE:
While in the self-diagnostic mode, the dash lights brightness controller operates normally.
While in the self-diagnostic mode, the SELECT/RESET button is used to start the Beeper Drive Circuit Test and the Gauge Drive Circuit Check.
If the vehicle speed exceeds 2 km/h (1.2 mph) or the ignition switch is turned to LOCK (0), the self-diagnostic mode ends.
OFF

ON (II)

OFF

ON

OFF

ON

Ignition
Switch

Lighting
Switch

SELECT/RESET
Switch

5 sec.

Move to self-diagnostic mode.

2−5 sec.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Indicator Drive Circuit Check
When entering the self-diagnostic mode, the following indicators blink:
ABS indicator, brake system indicator, A/T gear position indicator, charging system indicator, cruise control indicator, cruise main indicator, EPS indicator, high beam indicator, high temperature indicator, immobilizer indicator, lights-on indicator, low temperature indicator, low oil pressure indicator, low fuel indicator, malfunction indicator lamp (MIL), seat belt indicator, security indicator, side airbag cutoff indicator, sequential sportshift mode shift indicator, safety indicators, SRS indicator.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Beeper Drive Circuit Check
When entering the self-diagnostic mode, the beeper sounds five times.

Switch Input Check
After the beeper drive circuit check, you can check the switch input. The beeper sounds continuously when the ODO/TRIP button or the parking brake switch inputs are switched from OFF to ON: ODO/TRIP button, parking brake switch.

The LCD Segment Check
With ODO/TRIP display: When entering the self-diagnostic mode, all the segments blink five times.With multi-information display (MID): When entering the self-diagnostic mode, ‘‘···'' shows on the MID, and blink five times.

The Gauge Drive Circuit Check
When entering the self-diagnostic mode, the speedometer, the tachometer, the fuel gauge needles sweep from the minimum position to maximum position, then return to the minimum position.
NOTE:
After the beeper stops sounding and the gauge needles return to the minimum position, pressing the ODO/TRIP button starts the Beeper Drive Circuit Check (one beep) and the Gauge Drive Circuit Check again.
The check cannot be started again until the gauge needles return to the minimum position.
If the needles fail to sweep, or the beeper does not sound, replace the gauge control module.

Is that what you meant?