PDA

View Full Version : DC5 radiator lower sensor

davoh
17-06-2009, 08:24 PM
hi guys , is there a difference in the sensors between a base model and a type R??

i have just fitted on an aluminium radiator on my base model DC5, but the only problem is the sensor at the lower part near the drain plug does not fit into the aluminium radiator

so ,can some1 please enlighten me on how should i go about it or anyone that had the same issue??....

thanks

Type S Tony
17-06-2009, 08:28 PM
hi guys , is there a difference in the sensors between a base model and a type R??

i have just fitted on an aluminium radiator on my base model DC5, but the only problem is the sensor at the lower part near the drain plug does not fit into the aluminium radiator

so ,can some1 please enlighten me on how should i go about it or anyone that had the same issue??....

thanks

Ask the place you bought it from to re-weld the proper size hole + Thread.

Thats all i can think of becuase u dont really wanna be changing temp/fan sensors around cause they were designed to work with a particular ECU

davoh
17-06-2009, 10:46 PM
it was a trader on this forum but i forgot who it was...

is there another way besides re-welding ????

davoh
19-06-2009, 12:34 AM
bump help any1??

Type S Tony
19-06-2009, 10:40 PM
look on the receipt you got when you bought it!

air23box
11-07-2009, 08:30 AM
That must be the fan switch........if it doesn't fit you should take it back and ask for a refund.....you shouldn't have to do any custom work for aftermarket radiator if thats design for your car.....