PDA

View Full Version : Civic bootliner?

Wolf-UAY444
18-06-2009, 12:16 AM
Hey,

im looking to replace my bootliner. by boot liner i mean the piece of board that sits ontop of the spare wheel.

I have an EG3. I gave a few wreckers a call, such as hondawreck, etc.
i got a similar response that most of them are cracked, and dodgy.

So ive decided to get one cut to shape out of perspex,

anyone think this is a bad idea, or can suggest a different material that is light-weight and durable?

eternityz
18-06-2009, 02:36 AM
i made one myself, mdf board 6mm thick i think some people prefer 3mm. or something

dahondr98
18-06-2009, 04:16 PM
Yes, I think 6mm MDF would probably be the cheapest and easiest to cut using a jigsaw or fretsaw. Just make sure it doesn't get wet, and you should be OK. It should be strong enough to stand up to most things in the boot. If you think it's not sturdy enough, then thicker MDF may be better, and if it's going to get wet, then craftwood would be even better.

However, if you have a large sheet of perspex, then it should be suitable, I'd expect, although harder to cut. I don't know if it would be resistant to curving, splitting or similar problems if you carry heavy weights in the boot, on top of it, especially if you have a wide spare tyre, rather than one of those #*&% (excuse me:)) useless spacesavers:thumbdwn:.

beeza
18-06-2009, 06:41 PM
Bugger that!

Strip it!! :)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92436

joyride
19-06-2009, 02:20 PM
use 6mm MDF. cut out long strips and use liquid nails to glue them to the underside of the main board. this will strengthen the boad so it wont sag. line the top of the board with marine grade carpet.