PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have trouble with their hubs?

elemental_funk
21-06-2009, 01:55 PM
My hubs are huge! 68mm to be exact. Im having trouble finding wheels that fit these hubs. My spare alloy wont even fit (same design as other accords from the same generation!), neither will prelude alloys. What is going on?! Im hoping that if i try to go aftermarket and get some second hand wheels i can find something that fits. Does anyone else have these similar problems? Thanks

Jarkz
21-06-2009, 03:59 PM
What year/model accord are you referring to?

elemental_funk
21-06-2009, 07:58 PM
of course.. CD5 '95

CB7_OWNER
21-06-2009, 09:42 PM
are you referring to the right thing? are you referring to the centre bore size of the hub being 68mm, because i dont think the hub has much to do with what wheels you can fit on the accord..

What do you mean they don't fit???

elemental_funk
21-06-2009, 11:15 PM
Almost 100 percent its the hub, or part of that whole assembly. The diameter of the hub central peice that sits inside a wheels centrebore is indeed 68mm. The wheels i have dont have a large enough centrebore to sit over the hub piece. In other words the wheels do not sit flush, instead rather out and can barely get the nuts on the studs. It seems weird that my hubs wont fit stock accord or prelude wheels. The hub has a lot to do with what i can fit!

aaronng
22-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Almost 100 percent its the hub, or part of that whole assembly. The diameter of the hub central peice that sits inside a wheels centrebore is indeed 68mm. The wheels i have dont have a large enough centrebore to sit over the hub piece. In other words the wheels do not sit flush, instead rather out and can barely get the nuts on the studs. It seems weird that my hubs wont fit stock accord or prelude wheels. The hub has a lot to do with what i can fit!

Is it only the front hubs? Is yours a disc over hub or hub over disc setup?

elemental_funk
22-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Disk over hub im assuming as the disk sits on the hub studs. Pretty sure its a stock setup, are there different hub types for the honda accord CD5?

aaronng
22-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Disk over hub im assuming as the disk sits on the hub studs. Pretty sure its a stock setup, are there different hub types for the honda accord CD5?

Not sure, but I checked DBA's catalog and it lists the CD Accord as having front discs with a 92mm hub hole, and the rear discs having a 64mm hole. So if your hubs are only big at the front, then maybe you need a special rim.

elemental_funk
22-06-2009, 06:56 PM
My wheels wont fit on all four corners. The hub hole of 92mm may be right but it after the disk the hub size must reduce as i have it measured as 68mm where the wheel centrebore fits.

FAT VTI
23-06-2009, 10:50 PM
If ur going to sell your stockies, pm me :P

CB7_OWNER
23-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Stock setup is Hub over Rotor by the way..Sounds weird how you cant fit a stock wheel on a stock setup..o_O

elemental_funk
25-06-2009, 04:01 PM
thanks guys, problem solvered, there was hubcentric rings on. I took it too a tyre shop and the just said wrong wheels for the hubs. I checked it out myself its easy to see why they made a mistake the rings were just about part of the hub, they must of been on so long. Took a lot of bashing to get them off.