PDA

View Full Version : new jazz 09 - GTI

rosewood
21-06-2009, 03:08 PM
I ' m new & have been reading this forum for the last few weeks & just after I picked my jazz I was finally able to post in this forum...LOL

I am not new to the jazz as I owned a 2003 jazz which I sold a year ago & then purchased a Yaris which i didn't like much at all. I only purchased it as I couldn't buy a jazz last may as the dealers had no new stock & were waiting for the new model to come out.

I had a question on the security alarm in the jazz. All the documentation says it's factory fitted if so where is it & how do you activate it.

The dealer says it hasn't one but he then showed me the brochure & I showed him it was listed as a standard feature in the VTI & VTI-S.

p.terribilis
21-06-2009, 04:34 PM
rosewood, I have a 09 VTI-S (not GTI? don't think Honda is owned by VW)

It was factory fitted with an alarm but I never heard it make any honks or anything when kicking the tires/aggravating the car. I guess I could have broken the windows or tried to hotwire it (NOT) to find out what happens. I reckon they are just referring to the immobiliser and stuff?

I ended up doing a security upgrade with a proper alarm (still CAN bus) with proximity sensors, etc.

rosewood
21-06-2009, 10:20 PM
thanks for the reply, it states in the honda brochure immobliser & also security alarm & on all the car sites eg. drive.com.au, car point, & all the insurance lists are listed as alarm fitted. My honda hand book also lists the alarm. It says it's sensor is located next to the speedo. But to me that's the immobliser flashing. It says also it flashes three times when it's activated which it does. A bit confusing.

sorry my mistake I meant to type VTI not sure why I typed GTI.

rossw
24-06-2009, 11:37 AM
I had a question on the security alarm in the jazz. All the documentation says it's factory fitted if so where is it & how do you activate it.

It activates by itself when you lock the car with the remote, and then deactivates when you unlock it.

I like it. It's completely non-intrusive. Apart from the flashing light, you'd never know it was there, and you can't forget to arm it.

If someone tries to open the door without unlocking it with the remote or the key though, it goes off, as my son found out when I accidentally locked the car with him inside.

rosewood
24-06-2009, 12:24 PM
I sat in the car & locked it with the remote & tried to open the drivers door, and nothing happens .The manual says if you put the key in the ignition with out unlocking does not disable the car. Then while inside the car I unlocked the passanger door then the horn started beeping.

victory it has a alarm.

One would think that the drivers door should also set it off as when people try to steal a car they always try the drivers door. (or is that only on the movies)

Any way I am a happy little vegemite found 1 alarm & 1 speed warning.

Tinter
24-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Any way I am a happy little vegemite found 1 alarm & 1 speed warning.

How do you set the speed warning?
Rob.

rosewood
24-06-2009, 10:11 PM
I read the manual which states by holding the set/reset button while in the normal display so I clicked the info button till it got the display showing just the speedo. Make sure you are in park with the ignition on. I think after the reset button I then clicked the info button till a menu of the language came up. It then shows the speedo clock with 50 & 80 kph. You can change it + or - speed settings. Now at 50 it beeps.

Tinter
25-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Great info....thx a lot.
:thumbsup: