PDA

View Full Version : Coilover question.

iwantvtec
21-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Hi i currently drive a eg, n im fussing between Borchuaan (bc racing) coil overs and tein ss. My car will be mostly used for street and occasional track days. I have drove my mates mazda 3 with tein ss's and found that it was too soft for my liking. Just wanted to know which coilover is more appropriate for tracking. Or if you guys can suggest any other coilovers for a budget under 2 k? Also if u guys know any good joints round melb (south eastern subs) to get them installed and tuned. And do i also need itr lca's fitted to run coilies?

sorry for all the nub questions. Thanks in advance. peace.

iwantvtec
24-06-2009, 03:15 PM
bump lol anu input would be sick. Cheers.

Sydsyd
24-06-2009, 04:15 PM
it all depends on how much stiffness u want...a member here used to have Tein SS for his EJ8, felt too soft for either his or my liking...even stock DC2R shocks and springs feel firmer than the SS...

I've heard that BC is good enough, i know someone who has BC on his EK and had a track day, he said it was very good for the price that he paid (i think he paid around $1.2k-ish delivered from NZ)...if u're interested, maybe have a check @ e-bay or something...

not sure if u need DC2R rear LCAs with the BC coils, i know that K-Sport coils come with both EG (fork type) and DC2R (eyelet?) lower part...

hope that helps:)

aaronng
24-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Buddyclub N+ for stiffness and reasonable price.

iwantvtec
24-06-2009, 09:26 PM
how much do u think i can pick up a pair n+ for? N wheres a good joint that can install/tune my coilies in melb. Thnkx for ur input.

reedyek4
24-06-2009, 11:40 PM
The tein ss i believe can have EDFC (Electronic damping force controller) installed...basically it controls each damper, lets you control how hard or soft you want them to run which is pretty cool (all from inside the car electronically from a controller), aswell as useful if you take your car to the street or track often..or in some cases live where theres crappy roads.

not sure on pricing of the suspension itself but i know EDFC is around 800-900bucks more..

aaronng
24-06-2009, 11:53 PM
The tein ss i believe can have EDFC (Electronic damping force controller) installed...basically it controls each damper, lets you control how hard or soft you want them to run which is pretty cool (all from inside the car electronically from a controller), aswell as useful if you take your car to the street or track often..or in some cases live where theres crappy roads.

not sure on pricing of the suspension itself but i know EDFC is around 800-900bucks more..

I have EDFC and it is more trouble it is worth when there are connection problems between the motor and the controller. It goes *BEEEP BEEEEP BEEEP* every 30 seconds lol.

reedyek4
24-06-2009, 11:55 PM
I have EDFC and it is more trouble it is worth when there are connection problems between the motor and the controller. It goes *BEEEP BEEEEP BEEEP* every 30 seconds lol.

haha nahh way! couldnt deal with that!

with problems aside is it any good? use it much?

aaronng
25-06-2009, 12:33 AM
haha nahh way! couldnt deal with that!

with problems aside is it any good? use it much?

It's alright if it wasn't problematic. With Tein coilovers, the center damper rod can rotate slightly as you go over bumps when driving. So after a while, you will find the wiring coiled up around the motor and pulling against it, eventually causing wire breakage. I don't use it at all. Once you find the right damper setting, there is no need to change it. Only time I do change it is when I go to trackdays and that is not frequent enough anyway. If you can access the front and rear damper knobs by opening the boot and bonnet, just use the knobs. If you have a car like the Euro, then it might be worth it since the rear damper adjustment will require removal of the side bolsters. But as I said, I don't change it often enough to make it worth the $800. The only reason I have mine is because it came with the coils when I bought it 2nd hand.

iwantvtec
25-06-2009, 12:53 PM
wheres a good joint in melb where i can get my coilies installed/tuned???

geekface
25-06-2009, 01:47 PM
which area are you located in?

iwantvtec
25-06-2009, 04:18 PM
south/east subs.

Red_EG4
25-06-2009, 06:27 PM

I agree, when I first got my coilovers I was going to get it, but the cost doesn't justify it.
I've adjusted my damper like 4 times in 6 months.

SHU-ES1
28-06-2009, 09:31 AM
try OTR in westall, i'm going to get my BC racing coilovers done there.

Riced_Civic
28-06-2009, 11:07 AM
^^^ as above go to OTR to get BC and install them they do it for reasonable prices

i got mine done there about 3 to 4 years ago and havent had a problem

EP3EVA
28-06-2009, 02:59 PM
try OTR in westall, i'm going to get my BC racing coilovers done there.

how much to get it done there!!!???

spardikis
28-06-2009, 10:00 PM
i only just got away with ss coilovers circuit racing, youl soon get annoyed.... too soft but awesome for the street.

Rap-Rap
05-12-2012, 12:48 PM
hey guys ive got the tein street advance coilovers on my 07 euro.. the front is sitting nice n low to my liking but the rear is sitting way too high even after ive adjusted it almost to the lowest setting, im stumped as to why, can anyone please shed some light to my frustration??

curtis265
05-12-2012, 01:02 PM
they're called superstreets for a reason

blabla
05-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Pm BYP they have some GAB coilovers they are great considering the cost.

DreadAngel
05-12-2012, 01:53 PM
There is always someone to mention GAB...

Anyway Rap-Rap, check the specs from Tein...

They mention its about F-50/40mm | R-30mm in maximum drop so that's why the front can come down so much and rear can't...

Rap-Rap
05-12-2012, 06:00 PM
oooh okay cheers guys. appreciate the feedback.. i was wantin to go lower than 30mm on the rear but thts fine.. thnx guys

dmad_dood
12-12-2012, 05:23 PM
+1 buddyclub n+ Recently put them in my ek and love em. Good drop, quite firm for the street (perfect for me) and i can imagine them being great on the track. Very recommended!! Or you can even go buddyclub racing spec but for the street, they are very firm. Good luck.

Cartoon
12-12-2012, 09:27 PM
N+ are rubbish on the track. The damper control on them is not good at all. For street there fine as you don't need fine adjustments. For a good track coilover you need to sink some decent cash as most of the sub 2k coilovers come from the same place.