PDA

View Full Version : Low Boosted High Comp V's High Boosted Low Comp POLL!

FastFwd
22-06-2009, 12:35 PM
This has been brought up in another thread "compression Ratio V's Boost" but it was just a bunch of chitchatter on what people thought. So im setting up this poll to get numbers of which option people like better. Is it the Boosted high compression motor or is it the Boosted low Comp Built motor.

remember we all know that the boosted low comp motor will pull the Massive HP numbers no doubt about it but this is for drive-ability and street-ability and personal preference.

EDIT: I guess i forgot to mention also you have to take Durability into thought also. low boosted high comps may have the street-ability but it might not be as durable.

DLO01
22-06-2009, 12:49 PM
I don't think you can go past High Comp for ' driveability & streetability'.

dc2dc2dc2
22-06-2009, 12:52 PM
high compression = win

JasonGilholme
22-06-2009, 01:06 PM
i voted for high comp. Yeah you may be able to get bigger numbers with low comp high boost, but it would be a pig to drive, especially with a motor that has poor low down torque to begin with.

FastFwd
22-06-2009, 01:14 PM
i voted for high comp. Yeah you may be able to get bigger numbers with low comp high boost, but it would be a pig to drive, especially with a motor that has poor low down torque to begin with.

I dont have much problem with my low comp high psi setup....It still has streetability and i use it daily....but high comp was a little nicer..not as powerful but alot more responsive etc.

Limbo
22-06-2009, 01:30 PM
buger i hit the wrong vote! i saw high and just pressed!

FastFwd
22-06-2009, 01:33 PM

lol i cant edit that either...wonder if one of the mods can edit.

dc2dc2dc2
22-06-2009, 01:34 PM

lol pwned

ZeForce
22-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Im happy with my low boost + high comp setup, still making more than enough top end power for a street car ;)

Type S Tony
22-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Bro low Comp, High PSI, what more could you want, set the wastegate to like 23psi and let that baby spool & WHAM! Lift of!

FastFwd
22-06-2009, 04:45 PM
I chose High comp low psi.....I'm running High Psi low comp atm but theres nothing like the response of a NA honda motor and then adding some PSI to that.

Type S Tony
22-06-2009, 04:48 PM
I chose High comp low psi.....I'm running High Psi low comp atm but theres nothing like the response of a NA honda motor and then adding some PSI to that.

But their is only so much PSI you can add to a high comp motor!

ZeForce
22-06-2009, 04:50 PM

10psi? More than enough especially when it's responsive and dont have to wait around for it

VTECnique
22-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Club no traction - low comp high boost hands down

Type S Tony
22-06-2009, 05:04 PM
10psi? More than enough especially when it's responsive and dont have to wait around for it

My lawn mower runs 10psi and anybody that knows anything about turbo cars knows that 10psi just doesnt cut it these days, no matter how responsive the motor is or how great the parts are in it!

Ive drivend plenty of low comp high psi cars and at the end of the day ide personally pick that option becuase it has more consistent results power wise & 2 its has been properly built to be street driven, if that what the application is for.

Plus more fun on High PSI, I had a mate who built a black turbo DC5-R, High Comp high PSI, the thing used to ping 24/7 and ended up fryin the rings nas soon as he went above 10psi

FastFwd
22-06-2009, 05:13 PM

Your right but theres only so much response you can take away also.

FastFwd
22-06-2009, 05:16 PM
My lawn mower runs 10psi and anybody that knows anything about turbo cars knows that 10psi just doesnt cut it these days, no matter how responsive the motor is or how great the parts are in it!

Ive drivend plenty of low comp high psi cars and at the end of the day ide personally pick that option becuase it has more consistent results power wise & 2 its has been properly built to be street driven, if that what the application is for.

Plus more fun on High PSI, I had a mate who built a black turbo DC5-R, High Comp high PSI, the thing used to ping 24/7 and ended up fryin the rings nas soon as he went above 10psi

I've had both an to be honest high comp low psi has a much nicer power curv. Yer my low comp high psi setup now may pull huge numbers but it doesnt have that nice curv for daily comfort.

Type S Tony
22-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Fair Enuf, But i like the feeling of my head being smacked up against the head rest and my eyes being pulled to the back of my head, your not gonna get that on 10PSI so im gonna go one step futher & suggest you just do a N/A Build to meet your demands

FastFwd
22-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Fair Enuf, But i like the feeling of my head being smacked up against the head rest and my eyes being pulled to the back of my head, your not gonna get that on 10PSI so im gonna go one step futher & suggest you just do a N/A Build to meet your demands

im gonna go one step further and say get nos....

DLO01
22-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Lol at S Tony

Limbo
22-06-2009, 05:44 PM
i think ur wrong on 10PSI you get quite a kick if u setup your high comp properly

FastFwd
22-06-2009, 06:15 PM
i think ur wrong on 10PSI you get quite a kick if u setup your high comp properly

I think so too.

FastFwd
22-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Good to see everyone voting...

didnt think that there would be this many people that preferred low comp over a high comp setup.

lookingforboost
22-06-2009, 11:23 PM
its pretty well across the board........... i have had a high comp turbo and low comp and personally i think they both are to there own both heaps of fun and really there will never be any bad points about a mean ass turbo spooling up :P

FastFwd
22-06-2009, 11:39 PM
its pretty well across the board........... i have had a high comp turbo and low comp and personally i think they both are to there own both heaps of fun and really there will never be any bad points about a mean ass turbo spooling up :P

Word! well sumed up

myztery
22-06-2009, 11:50 PM
i find that honda motors doesnt really have alot of lag with low comp and high boost...
i run 8.7 comp with 12psi everyday a mate from bel garage said that it responded the same as his 20valve turbo corolla, if you compare it with a skyline (low comp) you can really feel the lag... i think its just the way honda built there motors

lookingforboost
23-06-2009, 10:45 AM
another point is that when i put lower comp pistons and rods in my motor i am still going to have 9.1 or there about ... which aint that low but low compared to SR or RB they run 8.5 i think and thats factory :P

IEVAQ8
23-06-2009, 10:51 AM
high comp and low boost FTW.....................

FastFwd
23-06-2009, 11:31 AM
im running 9.1 and i find it ok...

IEVAQ8
23-06-2009, 11:33 AM
11.0 comp with 7.5psi................makes a health and very strong 239.8kw at the wheels, and i'v driven it daily for over a year now with not a hickup at all...................

excellent fuel economy and driveability................... i love it