PDA

View Full Version : better drive for my ek on sydney roads

jdmlvn
22-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Hey guys,

i got HKS coilovers in my ek, feels quite stiff and bumpy, any1 have suggestions so i can keep the same height and more of a comfy ride?
if this topic has already been covered im sorry, couldnt find it via the search button

joyride
22-06-2009, 03:04 PM
do you mean what setting is most comfortable for your coil overs?

jdmlvn
23-06-2009, 10:16 AM
yes thats wat i mean.
thanks for the clarification joyride

twing
23-06-2009, 11:11 AM
comfort and handling are mutually exclusive factors unfortunately :P
assume you want to keep your ride height and coilover, change to smaller rims with higher profile tyres. It will give more cushions.

Lowering tyre pressure to 32 might help as well.

jdmlvn
23-06-2009, 12:44 PM
ahh that sucks balls, LOL
now i want a 4wd, more comfortable driving LOL

DC5-4ME
28-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Hey guys,

i got HKS coilovers in my ek, feels quite stiff and bumpy, any1 have suggestions so i can keep the same height and more of a comfy ride?
if this topic has already been covered im sorry, couldnt find it via the search button

I don't know much about the HKS coilovers, but are they fully adjustable or just height? Play around with your settings or search the forums to see what other people have set theirs on. If you have dampening adjustment, you can adjust the compression and rebound. This should allow you to have the car softer for normal street use and comfort or stiffer for track use which of course will be a lot more bumpy. Don't forget to remember or write down the settings you like so then you know what to change it to when you want the comfort or the handling :)

hisoka
01-07-2009, 05:28 AM
what model coilovers are they exactly from hks. or how much they cost you. i hope you didnt get a full track set one.

should be able to adjust dampner . turn it all the way to softest or i think its setting 1 on hks.

if not, change to softer springs. i wouldnt do this, i would just sell and find some nice comfy teins for street. HKS suspension for honda must be worth a bit. ive only ever seen them once, was for sale in brisbane too