PDA

View Full Version : ABS on '06 FD2

sirdistik
22-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Does anyone know whether ABS came standard on the '06 FD2? I thought it was standard across the range..?

MMike
22-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Yes, ABS came standard on the 2006 FD2 and is standard across the range.

:)

A website you can use to see what features come standard on a whole range of cars is The Red Book (http://redbook.com.au/).

sirdistik
23-06-2009, 01:26 AM
Hrmm.. in that case, anyone know under what conditions the ABS will engage? I don't have VSA on mine and i've tried braking hard from about 40km/h and it just stopped, no skid no ABS braking feel (vibrating on/off kinda feel.. what's the onomatopoeia to describe this?)

JOhnnyFD
23-06-2009, 01:44 AM
i have a feelin this has been covered here b4... do a search

shadou
23-06-2009, 01:55 AM
couldn't you have just popped the hood and checked for an ABS unit ? really not that difficult to find.

Kangaaz
23-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Hrmm.. in that case, anyone know under what conditions the ABS will engage? I don't have VSA on mine and i've tried braking hard from about 40km/h and it just stopped, no skid no ABS braking feel (vibrating on/off kinda feel.. what's the onomatopoeia to describe this?)

Did you brake hard or break HARD. Depending on the road condition as I find my ABS kicks in quite early and bit more too sensitive, SLAM on your brakes hard and fast like you are gonna push it thru floor, doubt it ABS wont kick in unless its faulty

ej20i
23-06-2009, 11:09 PM
road condition?and how hard did u slam ur brakes?maybe try at 60KM!
we all find out abs is very sensitive in our civics...hmmm better chek bak to honda for urs mate
all the best

cracker
23-06-2009, 11:20 PM
yeah like goin down hills i can feel it..................all the way to my balls

shadou
24-06-2009, 12:01 AM
^ must be a pleasant experience, I have no ABS on my eg so I have no idea what the feeling is like, would you be so kind as to describe it in detail so that I may better understand ?

FD2mugen
24-06-2009, 12:41 AM
anybody here know how to turn off the ABS, its just too sensitive

sirdistik
24-06-2009, 12:43 AM
I'm doing it in the car park at work. it's all loose gravel there with no cars and nothing/noone to run into.. i thought it was perhaps i was just driving in a straight line.. that maybe it only kicked in when it sensed that the tyres were out of control? or is that VSA territory?
i'm try going faster

sirdistik
24-06-2009, 01:48 AM
anybody here know how to turn off the ABS, its just too sensitive

Pull the plug or fuse? is there a light indicating that ABS has engaged? or you just feel it through the balls? LOL :p

cracker
24-06-2009, 01:49 PM
^ must be a pleasant experience, I have no ABS on my eg so I have no idea what the feeling is like, would you be so kind as to describe it in detail so that I may better understand ?

i dont get it? why are u being sarcastic?
u can hear it and u can feel it on the break pedal

aaronng
24-06-2009, 04:01 PM

If there is no skidding, of course ABS won't engage. :)

sirdistik
24-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Maybe it is engaging but i'm not feeling it because of the roughness of the loose gravel?? Hrmm.. gotta find a sealed road to try on.

sirdistik
24-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Well.. i think it's official.. either my ABS is stuffed or it doesn't have it installed, but since someone claimed that it's standard across the range.. it's stuffed. I drove at 40 and 60km/h and slammed the brakes.. twice the wheels just skidded. there were no vibrations felt from the pedal and definately no vibrations to my balls (which i was really looking forward to)

MMike
25-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Well.. i think it's official.. either my ABS is stuffed or it doesn't have it installed, but since someone claimed that it's standard across the range.. it's stuffed. I drove at 40 and 60km/h and slammed the brakes.. twice the wheels just skidded. there were no vibrations felt from the pedal and definately no vibrations to my balls (which i was really looking forward to)

Then go down to your mechanic or what not, and get him/her to check it out and give you a proper explanation as to what's happening :)

cracker
28-06-2009, 09:24 AM

LOL haha the balls part,
yeah go see wusup, if the mech says the bitch aint right go and demand sum shit from honda dealer...slap sum of them up too...they like being treated rough.