PDA

View Full Version : dirty headlights

madella
23-06-2009, 05:14 AM
hey everyone just wondering is there a way to clean inside of a head light without removing it from ya car?

DLO01
23-06-2009, 06:47 AM
Not really. If you pull out the blubs you do have a small hole access to the high beam cover, but the low beams have a thick glass lense which blocks the path to the actual light cover. Plus you also have reflectors in there.

The best way to do it is to remove the whole light assembly take it all appart and take the clear cover off. The clear cover is a pain is the ass to get off the rest of the housing. Its stuck down with goo

crazyazn
23-06-2009, 12:42 PM
second that. I just took mine apart last weekend coz one of my angel eyes stopped working. Its a real bitch to get the clear cover off. The stuff they use is like taffy. If you dont keep levering it away from the plastic it just gets stuck again. I used a knife to cut away the sticky stuff

prizedbnx
23-06-2009, 03:19 PM
You will have to remove the headlights, place it in the oven to get the sealant too heat up tot he lense can be removes, wet sand the inside and outside of the lense with 2000 grip wet and dry, then with soap and 2000grip, with water the whole time, leave them to dry, and polish them a few times with Mothers Plastic Polish. You may need a UV sealant on the outside of the lense, so the lense does not get cloudy again, but mine have not gone even slightly cloudy yet after using this method.

Only works on plastic lenses by the way...