PDA

View Full Version : 09 model sat nav question

purpleax
23-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Hi,

Does the 09 Honda Accord Euro Luxury Nav model have the voice control for the navigation system like the ones in the US?

I am picking up my new Euro next week and was wondering. Didnt know it was potentially a feature until I was poking around youtube and saw a few videos.

Cheers

Spock1au
23-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Hi,

Does the 09 Honda Accord Euro Luxury Nav model have the voice control for the navigation system like the ones in the US?

I am picking up my new Euro next week and was wondering. Didnt know it was potentially a feature until I was poking around youtube and saw a few videos.

Cheers

The dealership I went to said "no". There's also no voice control button on the steering wheel which confirms the dealers answer.
No great loss in the big scheme of things.

BatRambo
23-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Hi,

Cheers

No Mate, No voice control; even no UNIT Convertion "LOL" in my car only TEMPERATURE CONVERSION is active, all others not active. Also, no speed, red light cams and school zone alerts.... You will see next week, good luck

purpleax
23-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Damn. Is the Nav option even worth it? (Moot point I guess because I already purchased it lol)

Spock1au
23-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Damn. Is the Nav option even worth it? (Moot point I guess because I already purchased it lol)

Good question but as you said, it's too late.
Does voice recognition matter that much??

purpleax
23-06-2009, 08:36 PM
I would have like it rather than messing around with the dial - unless it has a touchscreen? Never thought to press it when looking at the nav system!

BatRambo
23-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Good question but as you said, it's too late.
Does voice recognition matter that much??

question is not if it matter but why in US Acura is sold with this option and here in AUS not. BTW, its nice to have that voice thing... also, US NAV system provides Traffic and weather update which is another cool feature missing from our models here... lets not mention about non navigation related missing extras :P

BatRambo
23-06-2009, 08:38 PM
I would have like it rather than messing around with the dial - unless it has a touchscreen? Never thought to press it when looking at the nav system!

No touch mate. Would be hard even if screen was a touch one its miles away from you :P

purpleax
23-06-2009, 08:39 PM
yeah, true.

Are you finding it easy or a pain to enter addresses into that thing?
Is it something that you get used to?

BatRambo
23-06-2009, 08:41 PM
yeah, true.

Are you finding it easy or a pain to enter addresses into that thing?
Is it something that you get used to?

Its nice and easy, have my car for 9 months now and working with NAVI is pleasure

purpleax
23-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Thats the news I wanted to hear :-)

Its seem pretty intuitive to me when I was testing it at the dealer.

Spock1au
23-06-2009, 08:53 PM
question is not if it matter but why in US Acura is sold with this option and here in AUS not. BTW, its nice to have that voice thing... also, US NAV system provides Traffic and weather update which is another cool feature missing from our models here... lets not mention about non navigation related missing extras :P

The reason we don't get traffic and weather updates has nothing to do with Honda.
That's a service provided by a third party not by the car manufacturers.
Check out www.sunatraffic.com.au. They are a service provider here in Australia. There may be a module that you can add to the Honda system to use the feature.
The unfortunate fact is that there simply isn't a big enough market here in Australia to make it worthwhile for the manufacturers to bundle this feature.
The U.S has a population of 300 million we only have 22 million. The cost of such small numbers would turn buyers off. It comes down to economies of scale.

BatRambo
23-06-2009, 09:00 PM
The reason we don't get traffic and weather updates has nothing to do with Honda.
That's a service provided by a third party not by the car manufacturers.
Check out www.sunatraffic.com.au. They are a service provider here in Australia. There may be a module that you can add to the Honda system to use the feature.
The unfortunate fact is that there simply isn't a big enough market here in Australia to make it worthwhile for the manufacturers to bundle this feature.
The U.S has a population of 300 million we only have 22 million. The cost of such small numbers would turn buyers off. It comes down to economies of scale.

Agree with you, actually it is still Honda to have something in common with that, example is whe camera warnings in our models... alerts are provided and enabled from WhereIs and from Alpine, but Honda SW is disabling them ... anyway, many features we dont get as I already mentioned in one of my posts, simple UNIT CONVERSION "LOL" Only temereature is working...

purpleax
23-06-2009, 09:16 PM
can we turn that sucka into a dvd player? I noticed the stacker is a dvdrom.

Dreaming, I know.. hehe

tony1234
24-06-2009, 07:53 AM
can we turn that sucka into a dvd player? I noticed the stacker is a dvdrom.

Dreaming, I know.. hehe
You can.There's a thread on it on Acurazine,not sure where though or if it'll play our region DVDs.