PDA

View Full Version : defect virgin

dvsx
24-06-2009, 12:38 PM
noob question for you guys that have been defected before in victoria. so i got my frist defect because of my tyre tread. so i change tyres and go vic roads for them to clear it. would they only look at the tyres and nothing else? or would they go over the entire car? or would it be at the discretion of the inspector?

mars_panas
24-06-2009, 12:57 PM
noob question for you guys that have been defected before in victoria. so i got my frist defect because of my tyre tread. so i change tyres and go vic roads for them to clear it. would they only look at the tyres and nothing else? or would they go over the entire car? or would it be at the discretion of the inspector?

well basically they look at the things that u been defected for.... :thumbsup:

simbadda54
24-06-2009, 01:35 PM
If its going over the pits then it would be a full inspection and they will check everything. Everytime i've been defected it's been a full inspection even though they only write down "ride height" or "tyre tread".

Best thing to do would be to raise your car and take off the exhaust otherwise you might have to come back round again.

Red_EG4
24-06-2009, 05:27 PM
The defect notice should state whether it is getting a full look over or if just the tyres need to be looked at.

BluEG
24-06-2009, 06:16 PM
It should say "minor" or "major" defect on the nice yellow sticker

minor - just go to vic roads to clear
major - you need rwc or other eg. EPA etc etc

dvsx
24-06-2009, 07:11 PM
too easy, thanks guys