PDA

View Full Version : parts brokn on my dash

laurenr
24-06-2009, 06:24 PM
ok so i want to know how i can go about fixing this f*cking frustrating issue...

the little knobs on my heating/cooling control has snapped off my dash... would i go to an interiors place to get this fixed or....?
the actual stick that you move to change from hot to cold has snapped in half and its stuck on cold... and i'm freeeezing! i have to use a key to jam it in there and move the bloody thing.

also, as i've just purchsed this car a few months ago with 180,000km on the clock how many more k's can i get out of it before it dies on me?

yes i'm a noob.

JohnO
24-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Mate your car wont die on ya if you service it regularly like every 5000km and depends on the conditions of the engine if the previous owners abused it . Gl finding a new dash for your civic

joyride
24-06-2009, 10:29 PM
as above, it depends on the engines condition before it 'dies'. service it regularly and you should be able to make it last.

you'd have to replace the air con/heater control unit.

NA15BS
24-06-2009, 10:47 PM
hi, laurenr, i have the same problem with your knobs to your cooling system, i check my car and we can actually change just that parts, but need to go to the wrecker to ge it, i just hope they sell it just that parts and not the whole control unit, il jus pm you when i get it til this weekend. about your car my moms car is about 350kms, and still going well,as long you service it regularly the car wont die.

MWAKU
24-06-2009, 11:26 PM
gl just getting the climate control, whats the wrecker gonna do with the other parts? but yeah, u have to replace everything, which means your probably gunna have to buy the whole dash i would say, as i doubt the wrecker is going to separate 4 you. or maybe

NA15BS
25-06-2009, 03:27 PM
your right mate, been to two wreckers today, they dont sell just that knob, they sell the whole control unit, one charging 120dollars and the other one 100dollars, sorry laurenr just trying to help, i thought we can jus change that parts that snapped, anyway if u still need to get that parts just pm me, il get it for you. im located in eastwood.