PDA

View Full Version : Rear swaybar for CD5. Any?

55EXX
24-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Been searching the net and am having trouble finding a larger sized rear swaybar for a cd5. selby's do a 18mm bar but i was looking for a 20mm+ size bar. whiteline doesn't list any items for cd5 and am struggling to find progress ones too. If someone can give me some links or traders on here that sell 20mm+ rear bars for cd5 please post here.

Thankyou,

joyride
24-06-2009, 08:23 PM
i found this in archive. you asked this question sometime last yr and it was partially answered.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-94944.html

55EXX
25-06-2009, 10:31 PM
man i gotta learh how to search better. my thread and couldn't find it!!!!!!!!!!!

joyride
26-06-2009, 01:57 PM
i actually found the archived thread on google. haha

JohnL
26-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Kmac seems to have had a substantial price increase lately, at least when I decided to bite the bullet and order a custom rear anti roll bar from them their later quote was way higher than I was quoted a year or so ago.

In the end I've modified a 20mm OD Magna front ARB to fit the rear of my CB7 (same ARB as the CD5), but it's not a straightforward swap since the ARB needs to be heated red hot, bent to fit, and mounting brackets need to be fabricated (more or less the same mounting arrangement as for the 'Progress' CB7 / CD5 rear ARB from the USA).

Result, very worthwhile.

55EXX
05-07-2009, 10:42 AM
18mm whiteline with poly bushes installed. good result. no real effect on reducing roll but a very noticeable change in over/understeer characteristics. definately more neutral and on hard steep corners like right turns on roundabouts the inside rear wheel will totally unweight. this is with oem shocks and springs tho so roll is huge! coil overs for cd5 exist? i can't find any!