PDA

View Full Version : No clutch pedal feel

DD2
25-06-2009, 01:54 AM
Hi guys,

All of a sudden I have no clutch pedal resistance.

I just had a header installed.

Is it a coincidence or is there a possibility while installing the header something has been damaged ? (potentially silly question)

RandyRhydah
25-06-2009, 06:56 AM
does the clutch stioll spring back or is it just stuck to the floor? check the pin that join the clutch pedal to the piston, check your slave cilinder for leaks, try rebleeding your clutch. thats all i can guess

Alexx
25-06-2009, 08:25 AM
First of all, check your clutch fluid level. Top it up if its low.

However, theres a high chance your clutch master cylinder is leaking or has failed. Its a common thing to let go on hondas.

Stick your head down in the footwell and take a look at where the clutch piston goes through the firewall. It goes from the back of the clutch pedal to the master cylinder in the engine bay.

Any leaks will be easy to spot, as the seal fails and clutch fluid leaks into the interior. Grab a torch and have a look.

DD2
25-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Thanks... that's exactly what has happened. I've not got a drop of clutch fluid in the system at the moment. I can see a brown fluid where you've described. Question is, how hard a repair is it? What sort of $$ would i be looking at? If i filled the system back up with some DOT3 fluid, will it be safe to drive or am i best getting it towed?

geeang
25-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Clutch Master Cylinder will cost ~$100, labour no more than $50 through a competent mechanic.

DD2
25-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Phew... that's a relief !

I've not got myself a reliable mechanic.

Where would one go in Sydney to service their Honda ?

IndoStyler
25-06-2009, 10:41 AM
u should be alright if u just top up the clutch fluid and drive the car to the mechanic...thats wat i've done in the past and its done me just fine...no dramas at all.

and like geeang said, all up should cost around $150 depending where u go

IndoStyler
25-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Phew... that's a relief !

I've not got myself a reliable mechanic.

Where would one go in Sydney to service their Honda ?

most people usually just go to hanny's performance in smithfield

but some people say its to far for them to travel...so it depends where u live and how far u r willing to drive

SuiJin
25-06-2009, 10:48 AM
man this is fail, if he has no clutch fluid, all he needs to do is top it up and bleed the clutch. and refill. most than likely he just lost clutch fluid that's it.

Alexx
25-06-2009, 10:52 AM
man this is fail, if he has no clutch fluid, all he needs to do is top it up and bleed the clutch. and refill. most than likely he just lost clutch fluid that's it.

No. Wrong.

He saw the leak from inside the car

The master cylinder has failed.

It needs to be reconditioned with new seals from honda, or replaced with a new item.

DD2
25-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Yeah Hanny's is a bit of a drive for me.... but i've only ever heard good things about them. Will give them a buzz in a sec.

One last question... my car is an EG, but has a b series motor. Would the clutch master cylinder have been replaced with something not standard to the EG with the conversion? I'm thinking no, but just in case when i call the mechanics.

DD2
25-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Booked it in at Hanny's... $120... hope it all goes well.

I called the local Midas for convenience to save having to drive far... they wanted $288 for the same job :O

Guys... well I’m all sorted now... thanks for your advice.