PDA

View Full Version : GSi rear sway

VTECnique
25-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Is this correct. i can fit a 94-01 integra gsi rear sway bar to a 96-00 EK with EK4 endlinks?

bennjamin
28-06-2009, 08:40 AM
Don't think so. Different design , dimensions and the endlinks are
Fitted different.
Plus the ek4 has the same rear swaybar (14mm) so why bother ?

VTECnique
28-06-2009, 05:58 PM
because GSi sways would be much easier to find compared to EK4s, & cheaper too...

If you read this (http://d-series.org/forums/suspension-corner/112663-sway-bar-info-1996-2000-civic-chassis-tons-info.html) it says the integra LS (AUDM Integra GSi) rear sway can fit the EKs but with Civic Si (AUDM Civic VTiR) endlinks.

I just want to see if anyone in australia has done this & if they came into any problems at all?!?

bennjamin
28-06-2009, 06:07 PM
FYI the gsi has the exact same rear swaybar as the civic EG5 vti/si , DC2 and DC4. (all 14mm) Look at those too.

I say dont bother fitting these...because they work under load under slightly different dimensions. (IE height/pitch) relative to the subframe and lower control arms.

The EK has slightly different LCA and subframe mounting so i dont think it will actually work well in a real situation.

Get the correct swaybar for your application :)

VTECnique
29-06-2009, 07:13 AM
FYI the gsi has the exact same rear swaybar as the civic EG5 vti/si , DC2 and DC4. (all 14mm) Look at those too.

I say dont bother fitting these...because they work under load under slightly different dimensions. (IE height/pitch) relative to the subframe and lower control arms.

The EK has slightly different LCA and subframe mounting so i dont think it will actually work well in a real situation.

Get the correct swaybar for your application :)

So, gsi has same sway as eg? I have heard of people running the LS rear sway in EK over in usa, but only 1 post i have found so far saying its not the best fit, but it fits...

I was also going to grab the front swaybar aswell...

end7
02-07-2009, 12:37 PM
Sway bars work on materials, mounting points, and overall design, which is all relative to the sub-frame and suspension geometry. This isn't a case of because it might fit, it will work. Your better off getting something designed for your car, not something jerry rigged up to it.

+1 for getting the right parts for the right car.