PDA

View Full Version : Wierd noise in my bro's civic 02 4dr sedan

hectic_filo
25-06-2009, 04:31 PM
hi honda lovers.. i drove my bro's civic and it bring up wierd noise when driving it.. like it sounds like the engine is in high rev but not even.. I am running 50ks and the rev in 2,2 1/2 and it sounds like sum 1 is drilling a whole.

I check the car nothing is loose to make the sound but its making the sounds and if the car is in park or neutral it doesnt make the sound even u rev it..

any 1 can help me?

Riced_Civic
26-06-2009, 08:20 AM
try and make a video clip itll prob make it easier for us.

these engine rev high so at around 2-2.5k rpm is normal at 50 to 60kmph.

but in not too sure about the drilling sound.

is it auto or manual?

hectic_filo
26-06-2009, 08:43 AM
yea its auto, and yea i know that the reving is all normal i been searching for answers. Ok ill try to record the sound and ill post it here or upload it in youtube and put the link here.... ill keep you guys posted. but I dont think you can hear it outside i think its only inside.. The car is not used that much really its only at 108xxxk and hasnt been trashed since we got it..

SHU-ES1
16-07-2009, 02:27 PM
when doing around 60km/hr in an auto, your revs should just be over 1500rpm once into the overdrive gear. i use to have an auto sedan like yours and never had any troubles like that though. i think 2000-2500rpm for 50km/hr is too high. video would help!

hectic_filo
16-07-2009, 02:45 PM
when doing around 60km/hr in an auto, your revs should just be over 1500rpm once into the overdrive gear. i use to have an auto sedan like yours and never had any troubles like that though. i think 2000-2500rpm for 50km/hr is too high. video would help!
hey Guys i think i found the problem but i havent touch it.. Its something in the wheel. bcoz i was driving it the other time and i was annoyed wit that noice.. so i decided to put it in neutral turn off the engine downhill and the noice is still going while the car was 40 kmh goin downhill in neutral engine was off too.. i check the tyres nothing was hitting it everything was ok..

should i swap the tyres around?

Riced_Civic
16-07-2009, 03:15 PM
id suggest take the wheels off and give every thing a good clean 1st, there could be sumthing stuck under there.

hectic_filo
16-07-2009, 03:26 PM
id suggest take the wheels off and give every thing a good clean 1st, there could be sumthing stuck under there.

gud idea. ill clean it this weekend and giv and oil change too :) and test drive again

edmbranch
16-07-2009, 06:57 PM
if it's auto, when put in D, the engine will tilt a bit..

so to accomodate this tilt, there's a ring that acts like a damper/mount which allows the tilt.. or else the exhaust will tilt together with the engine and just falls off from your car..

the noise probably comes from the ring being loose, as I found this quite common in auto cars.. it's nothing to worry about, just bring it to the dealer/service..

hectic_filo
16-07-2009, 07:00 PM
if it's auto, when put in D, the engine will tilt a bit..

so to accomodate this tilt, there's a ring that acts like a damper/mount which allows the tilt.. or else the exhaust will tilt together with the engine and just falls off from your car..

the noise probably comes from the ring being loose, as I found this quite common in auto cars.. it's nothing to worry about, just bring it to the dealer/service..

thanks for the info m8:thumbsup:

jaykan2k
30-03-2010, 04:43 PM
I know this is an old post, but i had the same issue in my car and it turned out to be the rear brakes. Apparantly its a warning noise that sounds when the brake pads are running low.

hectic_filo
31-03-2010, 03:32 PM
well i got the car fixed mths ago now.. and it was a wheel bearing issue.. thats why its making noise when it moves even though ur not pressing the accel pedal..

well the i know the sound of the brake warning soung..:)