PDA

View Full Version : interior light,handbrake light and door light

connorling
25-06-2009, 04:38 PM
hi there, can anyone give me ideas which wires will have current when

i open the door,

handbrake is up

and

headlight is on while the door is open when the key is not in the slot.

the reason i wanna find out cos i want to connect a LED with it, since my light doesnt come on when i open the door, or doesnt peep when i open the door with light's on and light doesnt come on when the handbrake is up.

thanks a lot

CRXer
25-06-2009, 04:56 PM
the answer is probably none of the wires.

until u fix the fault,which is most likely your drivers door switch not grounding properly,then nothing will work because this ground switch is absent.

same for the handbrake light,check the switch on the handbrake lever.

connorling
25-06-2009, 06:36 PM
the answer is probably none of the wires.

until u fix the fault,which is most likely your drivers door switch not grounding properly,then nothing will work because this ground switch is absent.

same for the handbrake light,check the switch on the handbrake lever.

i check the handbrake handle, i put this testing pin, which lights up when there is voltage, but it doesnt light up, wt should i do?

CRXer
25-06-2009, 08:06 PM
unplug the wire off the handbrake switch & touch the wire on ground somewhere(exposed metal attached to chassis),does the light come on?

do the same thing with the drivers door switch,does the light come on?

connorling
25-06-2009, 11:51 PM
unplug the wire off the handbrake switch & touch the wire on ground somewhere(exposed metal attached to chassis),does the light come on?

i will try tomorrow.
u mean touch the wire to a metal bit of a car?
i will try, n get back to u
thanks

CRXer
25-06-2009, 11:58 PM
yes,bare unpainted metal=ground

this is what both handbrake & door switch do, they connect the circuit to ground.

connorling
27-06-2009, 01:17 AM

not working.
tried both the handbrake and the door, what should i do then?

dcnl
27-06-2009, 10:05 AM
this happened to me once. i think one of the wires in your led is touch metal. so recheck that.

CRXer
27-06-2009, 11:52 AM
not working.
tried both the handbrake and the door, what should i do then?
ok,just to confirm,im assuming u already done all this,but anyway,

-uve checked the fuses,havent u,please tell me u already done that?
-u r checking the handbrake light with ign key turned on arent u?

-does ceiling light come on,when using the switch on the light or when passenger side door is opened?

-unplug the 2 connectors off the brake fluid reservoir & join them together,does the handbrake light come on now?

connorling
27-06-2009, 04:42 PM
ok,just to confirm,im assuming u already done all this,but anyway,

-uve checked the fuses,havent u,please tell me u already done that?
-u r checking the handbrake light with ign key turned on arent u?

-does ceiling light come on,when using the switch on the light or when passenger side door is opened?

-unplug the 2 connectors off the brake fluid reservoir & join them together,does the handbrake light come on now?

i have checked the fuses
i did check the handbrake light with the ign key on
the light does comes on if i switch to on

not sure about which 2 connectors, the one that is in the brake fiuld?

CRXer
27-06-2009, 05:12 PM
which light comes on when u "switch to on"?,
-the handbrake light when u switch key on?,or
-the ceiling light when u switch the switch on the ceiling light on?

does the handbrake light actually come on when u switch key on & then go off after a few seconds?

i mean,the wires coming out of the brake fluid,will have connectors just outside the brake fluid reservoir,just unplug both connectors & touch the 2 wires together that lead back into the car,then check if handbrake light comes on.

u didnt answer if the "passenger" door switch turns the ceiling light on or not,when switch is in "door" position?

connorling
28-06-2009, 12:37 AM
which light comes on when u "switch to on"?,
-the handbrake light when u switch key on?,or
-the ceiling light when u switch the switch on the ceiling light on?

does the handbrake light actually come on when u switch key on & then go off after a few seconds?

i mean,the wires coming out of the brake fluid,will have connectors just outside the brake fluid reservoir,just unplug both connectors & touch the 2 wires together that lead back into the car,then check if handbrake light comes on.

u didnt answer if the "passenger" door switch turns the ceiling light on or not,when switch is in "door" position?

i mean the roof light turns on when i put it in on mode.
handbrake used to work like 1.5 yrs ago. then one day it just disappear.
then about 2 months ago the noice u get when u open the door when the light is on is gone.

no, the brake light doesnt come on at all.

CRXer
28-06-2009, 10:48 AM

?????????

cant help much if u dont answer all the questions

connorling
28-06-2009, 05:54 PM
?????????

cant help much if u dont answer all the questions

awitch to the dorr position, both door wont turn the light on.

and i tried the 2 qires in the brake fiuld.
the brake light comes on.

connorling
29-06-2009, 05:58 PM
so can help?

CRXer
29-06-2009, 06:12 PM
ok,looks like u have a problem around the control unit.

look at the back of the underdash fusebox & u will see the box attached to the back of it as in pic below.
where the red rectangle is will be a plug with wires,make sure it is plugged in properly & the control unit box is pushed well into the back of the fuse box.

pull the plug out from the control unit & connect the wire that is the same colour as the one attached to the PASSENGER door switch to ground & see if ceiling light comes on.

for the handbrake light,u have a break in the wire,between the handbrake lever & this plug somewhere,assuming u have done all tests above properly.

ignore writing in pic,was for somebody else
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/CRXer/ICU.jpg

connorling
14-02-2010, 12:02 PM

look at the back of the underdash fusebox & u will see the box attached to the back of it as in pic below.
where the red rectangle is will be a plug with wires,make sure it is plugged in properly & the control unit box is pushed well into the back of the fuse box.

pull the plug out from the control unit & connect the wire that is the same colour as the one attached to the PASSENGER door switch to ground & see if ceiling light comes on.

for the handbrake light,u have a break in the wire,between the handbrake lever & this plug somewhere,assuming u have done all tests above properly.

do u have the wiring diagram of that plug?

connorling
14-02-2010, 12:23 PM

the ceiling light didnt come on when i pull it out n ground the door wires

any ideas?

~Sp33~
14-02-2010, 08:28 PM
When the door latches, there is a switch in the door jam that retracts (turning the light on). Make sure that it isn't gummed up and being prevented from retracting. Also remove it and check the back side of it to make sure everything is in order.

connorling
15-02-2010, 12:49 AM
When the door latches, there is a switch in the door jam that retracts (turning the light on). Make sure that it isn't gummed up and being prevented from retracting. Also remove it and check the back side of it to make sure everything is in order.

yerr, i checked it already. first thing i checked was that