PDA

View Full Version : Ground wire Kit

TypeG
06-11-2004, 07:49 PM
I install a set of ground kit today to the car, connect four of the thick wires to the spark plugs and i notice a noticable gain in response.
I think it is a cheap mod but worth to add it for the price. :thumbsup:

will_pop
06-11-2004, 08:27 PM
hey dude....
i really want to buy the grounding kit too.. but dunno if they are worth it....
and i haven't seen ppl connecting them to spark plugs... can u post up some pics ^^

btw.. u ever heard of the volt stablizer... or capitator or somefin... not popular in oz tho... ppl selling them in HK and jap.... and some ppl make it themself... u got any experience wif it??

and btw .. how much u paid for ur grounding kit

TypeG
06-11-2004, 09:26 PM
Jazz spark plug position are very hard to take a pic and it is hard to link there too.
HKS and Piovot cost around $200 in average but they are just do the same thing. Some ppl DIY and got THICK cables to link everywhere cost $40-50 and I prefer got a kit for the price. It does a bit gain compare to the price.
=)

civiceg9
07-11-2004, 02:23 AM
I have a ground wire kit fitted on my car and I can feel improvement on my car. I placed near the dizzy, trottle, alternator etc. Can feel must better reponse what is good for $60 bucks. :cool:

can't be stuff doing DIY since cost is the same anyway.
I have a spare kit if you are interested

will_pop
07-11-2004, 02:48 AM
haha how come every1 got spare kits....
how much are u selling it...
and how thick is the wire

7mm kit cost $36 shipped 9mm kit cost $56 shipped... keke

petrovski
07-11-2004, 01:04 PM
will_pop - is it a jazz kit or a universal kit and what brands are they?

typeg - what kit did you get?

Pete :)

TypeG
07-11-2004, 01:46 PM
some no brand kit
mine is sold....
they are universal
for branded one like HKS, they are not universal

vtc
07-11-2004, 02:00 PM
So you normally get 3 wires with this kit? and how can you say its the same as DIY when you use audio wire.. isnt it pretty much next to nothing for DIY?

TypeG
07-11-2004, 02:05 PM
i got 5-6 wires for my kit
u can always DIY with something thick and better than audio wire.
DIY work the same but i cant be fxxk to buy all things since a kit supply me everything

will_pop
07-11-2004, 03:23 PM
ah ... the kit i was talking about is universal ....
u get 1X 65cm , 2 X 85cm , 2 X 105cm so totoal 5 wires.. and thouse mounting kits

yeh ... i guess they are good price... coz even in HK ... they selling grounding kit for HKD $100+...

vtc
07-11-2004, 03:34 PM
So is anyone selling a kit on here at the moment?

TypeG
07-11-2004, 03:42 PM
lol
$100+ mean $how much?
i cant find anywhere for that price unless those very thin one.....

got some pic of them....
http://users.tpg.com.au/yhlau/Jazz/DSCN4320.JPG
http://users.tpg.com.au/yhlau/Jazz/DSCN4321.JPG

civic__dd
07-11-2004, 05:44 PM
where exacltly do the kits connect to? i have no problem creating such a kit once i know what job they perform and where i need to connect them to. I asume i wold still see gains on a sohc non vtec civic?

TypeG
07-11-2004, 06:29 PM
u get what u pay for even my cheap kit
kit save u so much hassle... y not...
pay for quality wires and shit cost that much already
go RSX forum, there is a guy doing DIY job
lol

civic__dd
07-11-2004, 10:23 PM
Excuse my noobnes but what are all the points that it grounds? I understand how the system works and what it aims to achieve but am not sure what i need to ground.

tanghy
07-11-2004, 11:30 PM
this works on OLD CARS and cars with LOTS OF MODS
and cars with LOTS of STEREO

TypeG
07-11-2004, 11:36 PM
lol
i really feel the gain with no mod with HID and headunits in.....
a very noticable gain as well
who want to try can come to test it out...

tanghy
07-11-2004, 11:41 PM
gas, they show the diff better for those cars
if it works so well on yr car, maybe yr car grounding is shithouse??

TypeG
07-11-2004, 11:54 PM
maybe more better on that car
i really think it works well for my car for the price
not mine only but all Jazz is shithouse i think

tanghy
07-11-2004, 11:57 PM
honestly i think all cars which are 4yrs and up need improved grounding kits, if you look at yr stock wires, they'll start looking at shit by 3-4yrs

will_pop
08-11-2004, 12:24 AM
yeh ... ... guys go ebay .... 9mm wires x 5 cost $51 AUD... not too bad aye...
give it a go

and now more options comming do u recon the spark-plug wire kit will do more benefit or the grounding kit??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7932520342&fromMakeTrack=true

TypeG
08-11-2004, 10:59 AM
lol
plus postage dun forgot since a kit is quite heavy

civiceg9
08-11-2004, 12:27 PM
These are the 3 mods usually used in electrical mods. Currently they are very hot items all over Japan and most part of Asia.
All in English :D

Hot Wires
http://www.sun-auto.co.jp/english/e-pro_hotwires001.htm

Hot Inazma
http://www.sun-auto.co.jp/english/e-pro_inazma01.htm

Hot Earth
http://www.sun-auto.co.jp/english/e-hotearth_001.htm

supatt
08-11-2004, 12:53 PM
been searching for the DIY article some one mentioned..cant seem to find it sorry can some one put a link up to it? thanks!

monstaR
08-11-2004, 01:08 PM
I bought the spoon braided leads and it comes with grounding as well, i too notice the difference. There are pivot ones out in the market now, wonder if they are useful???? :confused:

dc
08-11-2004, 07:19 PM
heres my upgraded grounds (http://members.optushome.com.au/xdc/img_diy/132_3266s.jpg)

the red/black wires....2x 4awg ~30cm........does sfa imo

cost: 4x 66c for the ring terminals

y bother buying kits....4awg is only ~6.50 a metre

TypeG
08-11-2004, 07:25 PM
lol
safety, look, quality reasons sometimes push me buy a kit tho
and if u buy 4 M of yr wires already 30+
get rings and the time u secure them from water
Thickness also an issue too
well each to each

dc
08-11-2004, 07:48 PM
safety is a null point i would think....if ur worried abt a short, remember the whole chassis is a gnd...also its not too hard to check the quality of a crimp and/or solder....and on that point...are packaged kits crimped only or soldered as well?

protection from water is probly same for diy and kit...though i squeezed in some silicone over the sanded paint for overkill

4awg should be plenty thick...and probly wont need more than 2m...3 at most...

diy is somewhat lacking in the aesthetics department i give u that :p

civiceg9
08-11-2004, 08:06 PM
The kit I install uses 6 wires total 4.2m
use 2 layer construction low impedance copper wiring. 9-10mm thick I think. Got a temp rating of 130degrees on the cable, maybe protect it from engine heat :confused: comes with all hook, brakets, bolts, cable tie etc.
for $60 what more can u ask for :D

TypeG
08-11-2004, 08:22 PM
safety is a null point i would think....if ur worried abt a short, remember the whole chassis is a gnd...also its not too hard to check the quality of a crimp and/or solder....and on that point...are packaged kits crimped only or soldered as well?

protection from water is probly same for diy and kit...though i squeezed in some silicone over the sanded paint for overkill

4awg should be plenty thick...and probly wont need more than 2m...3 at most...

diy is somewhat lacking in the aesthetics department i give u that :p

LOL
2-3m? u ride is a motorbike somehow?
safty is an issue for me and I want everything done it well and as well as safe since I got all HID and electric stuff which may lead to a big damage with water go in.
can u ensure you can seal it like a kit which has been tested?

dc
08-11-2004, 08:32 PM
i think u guys r talking abt ignition leads which are quite different to ground wiring as the topic might suggest

vtc
08-11-2004, 08:59 PM
Yeah grounding wires are not gonna catch fire or anything.. you make it sound so flammable.

What sort of gains are you guys seeing anyway? Do you think it would even show up on the dyno?

will_pop
08-11-2004, 10:03 PM
lol
plus postage dun forgot since a kit is quite heavy

those i mentioned already include postage....

DIY isn't too hard... just some wire and heat shrink tube, and the connectors.
but worked out to be almost the same price as a kit... maybe a bit cheaper... the thing is i dunno where to get those stuff in sydney (the wires)

ignition wires aint' too expensive... even u get them shiipped over from USA... cost less than $100 AUD...

aznsiko
08-11-2004, 10:12 PM
dudes.. can you tell me what exactly does a grounding kit do?? and how it gives you better response.. and also can some body please post up some pics so i can see what its all about.. :thumbsup:

TypeG
08-11-2004, 11:01 PM
electric stuff, even i know it wont catch fire, i want want it to do it safe since if u blow something up coz of that, insurance and warranty wont pay u unless yrs are old car and parts are cheap. PLus i link most of the wires to my engine so yeah i dun want to risk...
$51 shipped so u dun have to worry about buying in sdyney then. just get from there.
it has a good gain for the price since most family and passenger car 's grounding is shit since a better ground does help something.

vtc
08-11-2004, 11:03 PM
$51 from where sorry?

aznsiko
08-11-2004, 11:46 PM
hey fellas.. can you guys please educate me and please :thumbsup: give me info on how to make my own grounding kit?? and the points that i should connect and link it up to.. thx..

TypeG
08-11-2004, 11:59 PM
for DIY, buy some wires and connect to all metal parts
that's done

aznsiko
09-11-2004, 12:01 AM
for DIY, buy some wires and connect to all metal parts
that's done

what do yo0u mean connect to all metal parts?? from where to metal parts?

TypeG
09-11-2004, 12:02 AM
see the first page man
i post some pictures there already

tanghy
09-11-2004, 12:03 AM
LOL all metal parts LOL

will_pop
09-11-2004, 01:43 AM
$51 from where sorry?
from ebay... go do a search on ebay....AUS ebay...

and about connection... the kit i mention above .... on the selling page thye actually put up some diagram to show u how to connect... so just use their diagram and do up the thing.... (btw not every metal bits, don't connect to the exhaust side, just the intake side)

btw ... can any mod host up some pic for me? coz i m goin overseas, internet space will be cuted.. so pics i postted will be gone .. >< (i got a DIY article on the DIY forum)

supatt
09-11-2004, 01:38 PM
sorry to keep on bothering you guys...but type g your pics show the wires...but where exactly do the wires link to?....like i can see one on the metal of the engine...but three others are hidden......where do these lead to?.....thanks

dc
09-11-2004, 02:18 PM
LOL
2-3m? u ride is a motorbike somehow?
safty is an issue for me and I want everything done it well and as well as safe since I got all HID and electric stuff which may lead to a big damage with water go in.
can u ensure you can seal it like a kit which has been tested?

no i dont ride a motorbike but r u tryin to tell me the routed distance between the ignition ground and the alternator ground,or lets be generous...the battery ground...is > 0.75m? riiiight....

i dunno abt ignition leads but re ground leads im 100% sure my own quality exceeds that of a pre fab job.

electric stuff, even i know it wont catch fire, i want want it to do it safe since if u blow something up coz of that, insurance and warranty wont pay u unless yrs are old car and parts are cheap.

ahahah...uve got cf bonnet and 8000k hid's and ur worried abt insurance voiding cos of some leads

TypeG
09-11-2004, 02:54 PM
i dun think it is fun
i report my insurance HID is install. i JUST make a claim coz my car being hitted and i just swap it over the stock one within a minute and it wont damage anything coz i installed my cf bonnet in
if i install sth and at the end damage something of my car, i will be very pissed coz of being a tight arse and go DIY
electric stuff, again, i will do it safely
DIY save time and grounding wires uses I think special automotive copper and a kit wires have all been wrap probably and have brackets etc
unlike home make which just use electrical tape
why ground wire have a very thick coat of protective plastic is if they near +, bye bye to yr engine

if u still want to argue, just go install yr DIY but dun mislead others here

i cant take the pic at the back of the engine man but they link to spark plug

dc
09-11-2004, 03:33 PM
special automotive copper?
ahahaha
99% ofc i think is quite adequate.
no, the electrical tape does not serve as insulation, rather i had spare red 4awg not black so i taped black on in case .some. ppl might say 'red wont work for gnd cos its not black?!!'

supatt..this is a pic of the ignition coil and bolt hole (http://members.optushome.com.au/xdc/img_diy/132_3273s.jpg) ...maybe typeg could shed some light on where it was connected...

however if u look at this pic (http://members.optushome.com.au/xdc/img_diy/132_3280s.jpg) ......ull see the wiring to the coil is what, ~3mm outer diameter (if that) compared to a 10mmOD wire.....and as iron man cereal goes...u only get out what u put in.....so really.....sticking 10mm wire in would be pretty useless.

BUT....the good thing i see abt the kit was the alternator - to battery -

im being misleading? i dont think so....ive backed up all my points...have u?

alphabeatsco
09-11-2004, 10:10 PM
Do These Things Actually Work?
Where Can I Buy Those Volt Stabilizerz In Australia?

TypeG
09-11-2004, 10:14 PM
u can got it in HK
they are actually work with dyno to proof

alphabeatsco
09-11-2004, 10:53 PM
apart from getting from hk.
any where else?
how's the pivot ones?
i found on ebay.
any good? installing those volt stabilizer, do i need to change ground wires too?

jazz12
09-11-2004, 10:54 PM
thanks for sheding some light dc!!

supatt
09-11-2004, 10:55 PM
thanks DC!...your help has been valuable...=)

tanghy
09-11-2004, 11:10 PM
apart from getting from hk.
any where else?
how's the pivot ones?
i found on ebay.
any good? installing those volt stabilizer, do i need to change ground wires too?

i can get them

alphabeatsco
09-11-2004, 11:32 PM
no, what i ask is do i need to change the ground wires too if i install the volt stabilizer.

tanghy
09-11-2004, 11:33 PM
no you don't

alphabeatsco
09-11-2004, 11:38 PM
i just want to know what is the difference between the groud wire kits compared with the VOLT STABILIZERz...thanks

will_pop
09-11-2004, 11:48 PM
the volt stablizers do balance out the instabilities of your battery or say the electric system...

it's a box full of capitators and 2 wires one connect to the - and one connect ot the + of your battery

alphabeatsco
09-11-2004, 11:52 PM
yeah i know what the VOLT stabilizer is, but i just wanna know what is the difference between GROUND WIRE KITS and VOLT STABILIZERS.
DO THEY DO THE SAME THING?

tanghy
10-11-2004, 12:33 AM
no, if they do, why sell 2 things?

will_pop
10-11-2004, 01:25 AM
no, if they do, why sell 2 things?

yeh exactelly....

hum... grouding kit helps the flow of electricity... (better response, lost less power in the wire)

and the volt stab.zer.. ... it stablised ur electric system... like providing needed current, when one of your electric accessories suddently draws big amount of electricity, it ensure other electic stuff will run as normall... e.g. when u turn on ur a/c...