PDA

View Full Version : JDM H22A swap

sleeptec
06-11-2004, 08:40 PM
hey guys got a 90 accord exi and was wanted a bit of info about a rough idea of how much its gonna set me back to do a complete swap. So a guide as to how much for engine + everything else needed etc, and labour. thanx

toE
07-11-2004, 02:09 AM
ring up a wrecker and find out the prices for yaself, as it gets thrown around a bit.

i assume you won't be doing the swap urself, so i reckon $6-9K would be a safe budget to go with. And just get a half cut, save yourself the headache.

where ya at anyways?

CHU85
07-11-2004, 12:07 PM
For a 4th gen, you'll need about 2500-3000 for the front cut. Make sure its complete with g/box and computer. If u are swapping it yourself then all you'll need is someone who can alter one of the engine mounts. Then u'll need all the fluids which will cost about 100-200. Wiring up the computer about $500 unless u do it yourself. Exhaust which u'll need to connect up to your cat for about 100-300. Maybe a clutch about 250-500.
If u do it yourself then u'll save a considerate amount of money if not, then i agree with toE and it'll cost you from 5000-7000 to drive in drive out.
If u don't want the hassles then u can just buy one already done.
Check out the forsale section i think theres a 4th gen one for sale complete with everything. MIght be a safer and easier way out.

sleeptec
07-11-2004, 09:10 PM
toE im located in vic

dang guys, this is blardy expensive eh?! :rolleyes:

i dont actually have all the money yet, but im pondering whether to do this or just get a whole new car. dilemma dilemma

btw i will definitely not be doing this myself, i will get someone qualified to do it for me.

toE
08-11-2004, 12:02 AM
well...while you're saving for the money, research and research more...and maybe, by the time you've got the money, you would've learnt how to do it yourself. :)

but it's your car. if you wish to stick with her...then save and consider the swap seriously.
otherwise, save your money up for a trade or even a new car maybe.

my 2c. :)

h22a accord
08-11-2004, 11:57 AM
if i had to do it again i reckon i could do the conversion for under 4 grand. cost me a little bit over that.

do some research on the net, if u have some mechanic friends shout them beer and learn something while you help them to the conversion.

the only engine mount mod u need to do is one with a grinder and it takes 5 mins.