PDA

View Full Version : wats the difference

phils_herre
16-11-2003, 05:00 PM
hey all,
i am in the process of buying another car... just wondering wat times 0-100 do integra gsi 1995 do... does ne1 know (im thinking 10.5 @ 107kw)...
will try for a vtir but just wanting to know wat u guys thought about the gsi's... like does ne1 have one of these and do they go good... can u moderately modify them for a gain of 10-15kw???
alsoooo i was weighing the teg up against the prelude 1994 Si... anyone know what they run like and do they have many problems... :shock: help plssssss... coz the last resort is a vt commodore with clubsport kit and ROH fury wheels but i love hondas...

Redteg
16-11-2003, 05:56 PM
I think the GSi's have a solid engine. Nothing wrong with them, they do well and go hard. After all, its a Honda.

With the VTiR's having VTEC though, they steal the limelight.

My teg has a non-VTEC B18A, but I know that VTEC is fun :)

phils_herre
16-11-2003, 06:13 PM
hey redteg,
u have an integra ls right... how does that go, ne good... u got ne mods or eva raced against a lancer or mirage or something like that..

Redteg
16-11-2003, 06:20 PM
No mods to speak of, just cold air induction.

Its auto but beats lancers, mirages, excels, corollas, pulsars and other boring stuff.

Best to wait for a reply from someone else who's into racing and modding the engine though

luzinit
16-11-2003, 06:26 PM
serious! its auto, didnt know that :)
u n mzintegra have similar cars then haha
both nice ;)

joneblaze
16-11-2003, 07:21 PM
hey mate
im prolly one of the only GSi owners here. mine's stock standard cept for front strut, which wont really affect the 0-100 time. :) with 17" ROHs on and a passenger timing i ran high 9's 0-100...of course this is in no way accurate, but will give u some sort of idea. i really enjoy driving my teg, but as most ppl here will tell u, take abit more time saving up and buy a VtiR! u wont be disappointed. that being said however, if ur not hardcore set on modding the car and being a full boyracer, i think ull be pretty happy with the GSi as is. all options, sunroof, nice lookin car and decent power. :) hope that helps....

jon

phils_herre
16-11-2003, 07:27 PM
thanks john... wat type of ROH rims u got on ur integra, bet it looks nice though... did the 17"s fit right under in the wheel archers or did u have to do some work... also how is the sunroof... like some jap cars only have a moonroof and its only a tiny hole in the roof?? u got ne pics

joneblaze
16-11-2003, 07:32 PM
thanks john... wat type of ROH rims u got on ur integra, bet it looks nice though... did the 17"s fit right under in the wheel archers or did u have to do some work... also how is the sunroof... like some jap cars only have a moonroof and its only a tiny hole in the roof?? u got ne pics]

J-O-N :x (sorry...pet hate...lol)

had the Adrenalins on the teg.... fit fine with no modifications needed. i jus got rid of them actually... have 14" stockies on atm, goes VERY much faster..hehe. the sunroof is great. a full electric sunroof with a slide cover
"moonroof" bit over it. no pics sorry. come along to next meet u can check it out. xxplosive also has a GSi but newer model.... myabe he can shed abit more light on ur questions...

phils_herre
16-11-2003, 07:38 PM
thanks jon, lol... yeh insurance is the only problem with a vtec but ill see how it goes... and the other thing is if i get a vtir my friend with his type R will be draging me and giving me shit everywhere, lol... unless i stick a nitro or turbo in it one day, lol... now theres an idea...

but we will see, was just getting a gsi coz they look good and got a sunroof, yay... waiting until end 2004/start 2005 to buy a 2002 type r hopefully...

nice choice of rims, that was my first choice too, lol. 18" probably pushing it a lil i think, 17" is ok...

Redteg
16-11-2003, 08:07 PM
serious! its auto, didnt know that :)
u n mzintegra have similar cars then haha
both nice ;)

Anna and I are twins!

...get a manual

EG_2_TEG
16-11-2003, 11:39 PM
i've got a GSi as well

got a short vid of mine 0-100
wasn't full throttle from the start cos i had to turn left :wink:

http://users.tpg.com.au/feltaeb/footage/chirp.avi

phils_herre
16-11-2003, 11:49 PM
i've got a GSi as well

got a short vid of mine 0-100
wasn't full throttle from the start cos i had to turn left :wink:

http://users.tpg.com.au/feltaeb/footage/chirp.avi

Thanks heaps for the vid dude... looks like it was goin good even by being a gsi... u done any major mods to it or got ne pics...

EG_2_TEG
17-11-2003, 12:55 AM
http://www.integrated.org.au/oas/ :wink:

phils_herre
17-11-2003, 03:18 AM
sweeeetttt EG_2_TEG... thats pretty much what im looking for... good to see someone else there has one...

i saw on ur link that there was a vtir eg civic, a red one... was that urs or someone else's... just wondering which one u prefer the civic or the integra...

i like the look of the white integra but the civic would have went harder for sure... ur thoughts :)

also how does the exhaust sound, is it a 2.5in???

Honda-Integra
17-11-2003, 09:34 AM
sweeeetttt EG_2_TEG...... just wondering which one u prefer the civic or the integra...

i like the look of the white integra but the civic would have went harder for sure... ur thoughts :)

also how does the exhaust sound, is it a 2.5in???

i'd prefer integra then a civic, well coz i like sporty car.. i have a GSI too and my gf has civic 99 Vti, it stronger but we sold the civic, and keep the teg :)

hope that help lol

luzinit
17-11-2003, 02:16 PM
omar wot is ur avatar pic of?? looks like a guy with his head separated from his body on the bonnet of ur teg.. wtf..?

wynode
17-11-2003, 02:54 PM
omar wot is ur avatar pic of?? looks like a guy with his head separated from his body on the bonnet of ur teg.. wtf..?

No it doesn't!

Have a Closer (http://www.integrated.org.au/oas/images/foas%20058.jpg) look.

XXpl0Sive
17-11-2003, 03:11 PM
Finally, a GSi thread!

1. Tony: That's him doing a hand stand, it's his shirt, it has white stripes on it! LOL You take too many drugs! ^^

2. GSi's have a solid engine yes. I have a 2000 model, and it still has the trademark Honda engine noise after 4-5000 rpms. It's a very reliable 16v DOHC engine, without the VTEC. Be caredul not to buy the auto one, the car has poor torque under 3000rpms, when I first started driving it, it gave me the shits doing hill starts.

3. You shouldn't compare and Integra to them econobox's like corollas, lancers, mirages. They sell for $~20k NEW. Integra's sell for $35k. For that extra 15k you get excellent build quality and reliability. I've heard of 2 people who have crashed their Integra's into mirages (and vice versa), the mirage had to get the bonnet & bumper replaced and the chassis was bent? and the Integra had a dented rear bumper. And think about it, in 1993, Honda made a 1.8 car do 107kw@6800rpms, pretty good achievement isn't it?

The Integra is a great choice for a daily driver, it can be very fuel efficient and you know it won't break down on you for no reason, and is excellent build quality - you can install your fully sick subwoofers in it without worrying about excessive rattles (sunroof will rattle if it's open though).

I bought my GSi after looking months for a Civic/Integra VTi-R but couldn't find one in my KM/Year range. I've owned it for almost a year now, and have had no problems whatsoever and I'm ready to take the next step...

http://www.angelfire.com/fl5/evosr20det/pic/3.jpg

:mwaha:

joneblaze
17-11-2003, 03:49 PM
.........traitor.................

EG_2_TEG
17-11-2003, 04:19 PM
yep, that's me doin a handstand on my car :wink:

exhaust system is 2 1/4 cat-back.
specs can be found here: SPECS (http://www.integrated.org.au/oas)

yeah, the Red EG Vti was my previous car
unfortunately it landed in a power pole back in march :cry:

the civic was still a fun car to drive around. loved hurtin that SOHC VTEC 8)
but yeah, integra has better handling, more power, more torque...

XXpl05ive, how did u tint the rear lights on ur teg?
looks farkin mad :thumbsup:

XXpl0Sive
17-11-2003, 04:48 PM
Thanks!
I just bought tint spray and added coats until it was dark enough :)
I'm going to remove them soon..

Civic Type R
17-11-2003, 05:02 PM
Omar, hey duuude i like this pic :)
i havent seen this one of us yet ?
That me in your car - hehe .... and thats my car there too :P

Nice pic (http://www.integrated.org.au/oas/imagepages/image3.htm)

EG_2_TEG
17-11-2003, 05:06 PM
yep, that was operation ITR gearknob install!

thanks for gettin it on :D
still hasn't moved

Civic Type R
17-11-2003, 05:12 PM
yeah thats right ..
i was like wtf am i doin in there ?

well im glad the ITR knob hasnt moved :)
you guys coming on our Nav Rally ?

phils_herre
18-11-2003, 11:44 PM
hey omar where did u get the type r knob from... a honda dealership (how much $$$$$$)... is it just the top of the knob or the whole gear stick...

also anyone know how much a shortshifter costs for an integra...

nice civic u got there civic type r... how much it cost u to get that up to scratch...

ps... thanks for advice explosive... if i cant find a vtir in my price range i think ill go the gsi... look great and probably go pretty decent too :D

EG_2_TEG
21-11-2003, 01:28 AM
i got the gear knob from my friends Type-R:
http://www.integrated.org.au/rides/index.htm

it's just the gear knob and boot.
aftermarket short-shifts are around $100
there's a few places advertised in like Hot 4's

only downside i heard, is that they wear out your synchros quicker
it might be easier just chopping a bit of the gearstick if u get an aftermarket gear knob

INFLYT
23-11-2003, 12:19 PM
You'd be better off just kicking back for a bit longer, and saving up for a VTI-R from the start, cause after a while, you'll start to get sick of Taxi's and stuff constantly beating you. :o

joneblaze
23-11-2003, 08:21 PM
You'd be better off just kicking back for a bit longer, and saving up for a VTI-R from the start, cause after a while, you'll start to get sick of Taxi's and stuff constantly beating you. :o

lol...haha. very funny. :x
u VTiR driver inflyt?

Marz
08-12-2003, 03:53 PM
MY Type-R's is a nice little ride!
CAI makes such a diff to the sound of VTEC.
EG_2_TEG will tell ya that :)

vti-2
08-12-2003, 05:46 PM

Post pics in the Gallery. ;)

EG_2_TEG
09-12-2003, 12:45 AM
CAI makes such a diff to the sound of VTEC.
EG_2_TEG will tell ya that :)

yep, BOOBAH action every sat nite leavin north perth maccas ;)

BlakTegra
10-12-2003, 05:26 PM
I've got a mate who owns an Integra GSI with mods such as CAI and full exhaust system. He can beat so many cars that other modified GSIs cant beat! He can even kills vtir's!

For some reason, he's car is really fast but I dont know why. Before he stated modify his GSI, he could beat all other GSI's for reason. Could it be his driving skills? Or is it just the car?

Phorte
10-12-2003, 05:28 PM
99% just his driving abilities OR the other driver's lack thereof.

a good launch makes a lot of difference.

joneblaze
10-12-2003, 05:49 PM
kill vtirs? in a off the line/light run? to what sort of speed/gear? That's pretty good...
so his modded GSi (what mods? only full exhaust and CAI?) beats stock or modded VTiRs?

BlakTegra
10-12-2003, 06:05 PM
99% just his driving abilities OR the other driver's lack thereof.

My mate reckons it's his car. That's why he's planning to turbocharge it...ehehehe

so his modded GSi (what mods? only full exhaust and CAI?) beats stock or modded VTiRs?

He can beat VTIRs at the green light 0-100k. I think he can beat stock VTIRs for sure, but some VTIRs depending on the extent of their mods.
Thats pretty good i reckon. Maybe GSI's respond better to mods than VTIRs? I yet have to race against him with my stock VTIR...LOL I'm just so scared shitless :P

Joneblaze, you got any mods?

joneblaze
10-12-2003, 06:10 PM
no GSi is stock... i don't think my ITR front strut counts.. :)
he chops stock VTiRs to 100 off the line.... nice.... with a full exhaust (headers too?) and CAI only yeah? nothing else? good effort...

BlakTegra
10-12-2003, 06:22 PM
He's got custom 4-1 extractors and bigger than the stock VTIR's.

honeblaze, u itching for some mods????
LOL
You know you want to....do it....DO IT!!!!

tofu R
10-12-2003, 07:36 PM
hehe if a GSi could beat a VTiR why would Honda make VTEC??
hehe

anyway .. straight line .. VTiR + ITR arent that far apart .. i think it would come down to a driver's drag ..

after all an ITR's major advancements are made for the twisties .. not a drag

in the end its a Type R, not Type D.

ez

Phorte
10-12-2003, 07:42 PM
hehe

anyway .. straight line .. VTiR + ITR arent that far apart .. i think it would come down to a driver's drag ..

after all an ITR's major advancements are made for the twisties .. not a drag

in the end its a Type R, not Type D.

ez

veryvery well put. could not have said it better myself. thankyou.

ginganggooly
10-12-2003, 07:46 PM
my friends LS could give my vti-r a very close run when my car was stock.
if he had a slight jump on me or a better launch, i wouldn't catch him till midway through third. a gsi is fairly similar.

in the end, when you start modding, it doesn't really matter which variant you have. it's more a question of value for money. the gsi and vti-r both represent great value (they're cheap)...

the major advancements aren't really all that major, LSD notwithstanding.
there isn't any single part which makes it *THAT* much better, it's the sum of a few key elements. thankfully, most of the areas in which the vti-r is found lacking, can be improved to be equal to or better than anything in a type-r. i think the major things are the rear subframe and sound insulation.

as for the gsi, can anyone say "turbo"? :)

tofu R
10-12-2003, 08:06 PM
hmm i dun think its the sum of a "few" components ..

the package as an entirity .. is pretty much refined and upgraded in all departments..

if your arguement is that a VTiR can be done up to the specs of a dc2r ..
u can argue the same for a GSi ..

or even an exel in that case ( no offence to hyundai owners intended)

if even just installing a LSD on a vtir .. will cost more than if u went out and bought a type R ..

there is a huge diff between an R and a vtir ..
if u can drive a stock ITR to its maximum potential .. im sure u can beat almost any other stock car on old road .. (im sure many of u have heard of the fabled stock yellow itr that was the fastest car on op)

anyway although turbo is not my thing ..
sounds interesting for drag purposes though ..
would be cool to see =P

A'PEXi
10-12-2003, 08:55 PM

or a vtir in that case.... arn't vtirs meant to b betttahhh :D :D

ginganggooly
10-12-2003, 09:45 PM
well, what is the package that makes a type-r. seriously. it's the sum of a few extra goodies. yes, they are expensive, yes they are "better", but how much better is the type-r- as a platform... really? yes, the same argument can be used in the gsi vs vti-r debate -to a degree-, but then, the price difference between a vti-r and gsi is so much smaller.

my intention was not to compare stock with stock- of course a type-r is a much better enthusiast vehicle, stock. it's when you take into account the price difference and so forth, things aren't so black and white.

at the moment, my car turns in more sharply and changes direction better than a type-r. my car is also faster than a type-r in straight line. so far, the value of my aftermarket components is about $2600-$3000. that plus the purchase price is still nowhere near the entry price into a decent R. add a LSD unit if you like and it's roughly an extra 500-600 shipped plus installation.

anyway, it needn't be this complicated. dc2r's go from about 28k-35k depending on age etc. vti-r's go from 14k-20k. let's just say that 10k+ buys a hell of alot of tangible performance improvements. you'll never attract type-r envy, but then, who cares?

fried
10-12-2003, 09:54 PM
i know a certian gsi who can beat a certain vtir *sheepish grin*

XXpl0Sive
10-12-2003, 10:19 PM
slim r u matt hoi's friend?

ginganggooly
10-12-2003, 10:26 PM
yep... thats me.

do i know you?? :shock:

XXpl0Sive
10-12-2003, 10:38 PM