PDA

View Full Version : ek1/d16y4 servicing and fluid amounts

souperman
27-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Hey

about to do a service and wondering how much(litres) i need of the following fluids:

engine coolant
manual transmission fluid
brake fluid
clutch fluid
powersteering fluid

also, when are you meant to change the powersteering fluid because i cant find the info in the service manual...

thanks in advance

Raztaz
27-06-2009, 04:10 PM
All those little bottles where the fluid goes have marks on them indication minimum and maximum line. Buy a big bottle of everything and ur set for a while :thumbsup: If your doing coolant flush and all new, ull need about 4L.

souperman
27-06-2009, 09:56 PM
yeh...i know there are markings for min/max levels.
but for eg. brake fluid comes in 1L bottle...so is 1L enough? is it too much or too little?
do you get where i'm coming from...i dont want to be in a situation where i've bought too much or too little. just having a rough idea of how much i need would be helpful.
thanks for the info on the coolant.

flipfire
28-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Are you doing a full flush or just topping it up?

If full flush, MTF is 3x1L bottles (it should be around 2.5L so you will have extra for top up)

Same with brake if i recall correctly (search the DIY guides to confirm). Also check the DIY guides for powersteer

evil R34
30-06-2009, 06:24 PM
dont need to do PS fluid unless u do a steering rack its not in the service schedule

manual trans should b about 3 ltrs fill it up till it just trickles out of the filler hole it should b level with the bottom of the filler hole

brake and clutch are the same fluid if u do 12 pumps of the brake pedal on each wheel so 48 all up it will take roughly 600ml so if u get 2X 500ml bottles of brake fluid that should do brakes and clutch

honda sell it in 500ml bottles

coolant im not sure sorry

Raztaz
30-06-2009, 06:51 PM
coolant comes in 1L and 5L bottles form honda, $46 for the 5L

souperman
03-07-2009, 10:30 AM
it's a major service so it'll be a full flush for all
thanks for info