PDA

View Full Version : CVT note using sports muffler.

fundies
28-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Hi. Just wondering what a CVT Jazz sounds like with a sports rear muffler. Never heard one, but I'm guessing unless you use the paddleshifters, it's going to sound like an elongated faaaaaaaaaaart. Anyone got one on their CVT ?

hoey888
28-06-2009, 04:47 PM
nothing wrong with sports muffler... it wouldn't be too drony or anything. but just depends how loud you want it.

M@lew
28-06-2009, 05:52 PM
What do you mean by a sports muffler? Just an aftermarket muffler like a canon etc.? Sounds the same as manual really. The tone depends on the throttle and revs which is just how you drive. (i.e With paddles or just in D with light throttle)

chkn
28-06-2009, 06:46 PM
i have had about 10 different exhaust set ups on my jazz. i've had the straight through 2.5" (very very very very noisy... I mean REALLY noisy), many mufflers on 1.75" and 1.5", dual exhaust and single, cannon muffler and a full axel back.

I have had numerous problems with my system, my transmission did not drop into overdrive for a fair time (evan with my intake off the car). the exhaust can drone and sound funny when you take off if you go for any more than the axel back. a single note is heard like your starting in 4th in a manual but not as laboring (if that makes sense). in 7 speed mode the gear changes are quick like a Ferrari with the paddle shift gearbox. going from "S" to "D" not in 7 speed mode, the sound changes.

In all i would suggest to stay away from something like a cat back exhaust, the height clearance is way too low and you bottom out all the time, avoid anything above 1.5" any bigger and the gearbox won't like it. Don't go for a dual exhaust.... unless your stupid like i was. there is alot of pain and suffering to get it to work. i was never happy with mine thats why i'm back to the single. stay with the axel back and put a muffler that is like the EP type r, a nice all rounded sound that suites the jazz and civic very nicely.

any other questions please don't hesitate to ask. i've had so much experience with this, i think its time to pass on my knowledge. :)

M@lew
28-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Do you have a full exhaust set up chkn? Or just axle back / muffler only?

chkn
28-06-2009, 07:03 PM
i now have the axel back, all custom made for my car, so from the axel i now have a custom pipe and muffler with a $90 tip

Dreams
29-06-2009, 10:34 AM
lol fart cans. remus ftw

fundies
29-06-2009, 07:51 PM
. stay with the axel back and put a muffler that is like the EP type r, a nice all rounded sound that suites the jazz and civic very nicely.

any other questions please don't hesitate to ask. i've had so much experience with this, i think its time to pass on my knowledge. :)

Where do you get the "EP Type R muffler" and how much are they. Cheers.

chkn
29-06-2009, 08:03 PM
i would have no idea where you would be able to find a EP type R muffler. i would suggest to look on ebay, go to a wrecker or ask on the forum. someone might have one lying around that they don't need any more. if you want to know what they sound like... here is a link to youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZP9bUL44b4

this is on a US fit but it is all the same.