PDA

View Full Version : Windscreen minor scratches

buvoq
28-06-2009, 09:58 PM
Hi,

I own a 2004 Honda Accord euro,

Does anyone know if we can remove the minor scratches on the windscreen?

The scratches occurs I think was caused by the wiper, most probably is because of the dirts that stick to the wiper, and when I turned on the wiper, it scratched the windscreen.

I google about this issue, and found that if minor scratches can be polished, however it will not entirely remove the scratches, but will minimize the effects. And it will be looking nice.

Anyone have any opinion regarding this issue?

Thanks

tron07
29-06-2009, 09:13 AM
try polishing... I used autosol on windscreen before, to remove the watermarks. Make sure the windscreen is clean before applying

HunterZero
29-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Glass is quite hard to polish - I'd recommend getting a glass expert to do it.

Prevention is the key - wipe down the blades regularly with a cloth to remove grit, and replace them when they start to dry out or become sun damaged.

- HZ

buvoq
02-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks for all the comments, I will try to use autosol, hope it can reduce the marks

ultimatekenz
05-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Colgate! lol seriously.

If its just minor scratches white toothpaste should work.

buvoq
05-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Colgate? is that for real man?
Should try it then

ultimatekenz
05-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Colgate? is that for real man?
Should try it then

Yeah it actually works, use a cloth and polish the area then buff. I scratched my sunroof pretty bad one day by driving under a garage door when it wasn't fully up (doh!).

buvoq
06-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Yeah it actually works, use a cloth and polish the area then buff. I scratched my sunroof pretty bad one day by driving under a garage door when it wasn't fully up (doh!).

Thx for sharing the info