PDA

View Full Version : Dc2r boot > dash light problems need help!

juns
29-06-2009, 04:12 AM
Well I was driving today everything was fine and all then after an hour or so went somewhere else and I realized my boot/trunk light on my dash was flashing I got out of the car to see if the boot was closed properly and it was but the light still kept flashing:(. Has anyone had this happen to them or does anyone have any ideas what I should take a look at? Any help would be good!
Cheers!

B18cEG
29-06-2009, 01:54 PM
Well I was driving today everything was fine and all then after an hour or so went somewhere else and I realized my boot/trunk light on my dash was flashing I got out of the car to see if the boot was closed properly and it was but the light still kept flashing:(. Has anyone had this happen to them or does anyone have any ideas what I should take a look at? Any help would be good!
Cheers!

Hey, Im thinking this could be one of three things, here is what to check.
1. Make sure there are no wires running from the front to the back that may be shorting to the body.
2. See if you can unassemble the rear panels and gain access to the boot switch and see if there is a visible problem and that it is operating properly.
3. Have you had an alarm fitted to the car by any change at any stage where they may have connected the boot wire to one of the doors?
Best way to check this is to open one of your normal doors and see if the trunk light comes on.

Goodluck

Bludger
29-06-2009, 10:28 PM
the switch for the boot light is on the latch itself. Check that its all working the way it should.

sometimes alarm installers will use the boot light to attach the bonnet switch to.

in other words, they connect the bonnet switch to the boot light.

so check the bonnet switch if it is.