PDA

View Full Version : VTi brake pads

EK1.6LCIV
29-06-2009, 08:41 AM
the Vti has 12 month old oem Honda pads in it atm
having ordered in some new DBA 474X rotors for it (the old ones feel a lil warped now) Ive since thought may take the time to order in some different pads for daily driving duties
anyone have these rotors atm and care to share what pads theyre using?
cheers :cool:

riruiz_88
29-06-2009, 08:50 AM
honda pads are for daily drivin dude, 12 months is nothing for a pad. i have brembo slotted rotors all round with bendix ultimate pads. they are great for every day use, but dust as hell. i personally wont be gettin them again.
are those 474X slotted, drilled?

EK1.6LCIV
29-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Im only getting the 474X as Honda wanted $320per rotor (pretax) lol

quoted from DBA

DBA's street series GOLD slotted and cross-drilled rotors provide maximum cooling with an attractive, aggressive appearance.They are the perfect replacement rotor for the performance conscious street motorist.

yea, prob just run the same pads for awhile then, they dont dust as much as other cars Ive had in the past (my old Nissan sedan turned the front wheels black in a week, then again the gtr32 calipers and pads didnt help much, lol)

riruiz_88
29-06-2009, 09:05 AM
yeh honda isnt afraid of rippin you off. but be wary, its says it only for "street" in the paragraph you posted from DBA. yeh when i do clean my wheels, its about 2days when you start to notice the dust on the wheels so stupid. but then again i have silver wheels, so not hard to spot the dust.
just wanting to know how you could tell if the rotors had been warped? very hard to feel in some cases

EK1.6LCIV
29-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Honda doesnt try to rip me off anymore, things like driveshafts (oem $700 a side for Vti w/abs), radiators ($900 VTi, $700 VTi-R, yes VTi is dearer and its only a single core, lol) and brake rotors ($320 a corner) they will suggest I try somewhere else lol
oh trust me when your rotors are warped youll notice
They still have very cheap pads at the dealer for the Civic ($140), so I'll be changing them
I just started to notice it on the wkend with slight jerking under load, (not abs jerking)
these are the oem rotors from new lol with 220000 on them now (I've been told the VTi is not compatible with any other rotor that Honda sells as the compound is a better grade for the sports edition that is the VTi)

riruiz_88
29-06-2009, 10:35 AM
oh so you have done the conversion already, nice work mate. well then yeh you def. would be able to feel if the disks are warped. you may as well change your whole cars brake package man, front and rear. you will be kickin your self down the road if you dont.

EK1.6LCIV
29-06-2009, 10:37 AM
oh so you have done the conversion already, nice work mate. well then yeh you def. would be able to feel if the disks are warped. you may as well change your whole cars brake package man, front and rear. you will be kickin your self down the road if you dont.

doing the front stage mid this month
got a rear disc brake conversion going on in a few wks
will have the new rear rotors ready for it as well as pads

whole package will be done :)

riruiz_88
29-06-2009, 10:51 AM
nice nice. what car did you get the vti brakes from? EG? as far as i know honda used the same rear rotors for the EG Si, EG Vti, DC2 gsi/vtir, EK Vtir. so i doubt they compound/material of them wouldnt have a difference between them. maybe for the type r's.

EK1.6LCIV
29-06-2009, 10:55 AM
nice nice. what car did you get the vti brakes from? EG? as far as i know honda used the same rear rotors for the EG Si, EG Vti, DC2 gsi/vtir, EK Vtir. so i doubt they compound/material of them wouldnt have a difference between them. maybe for the type r's.

the rear brakes are the same rotors (thank goodness for once, lol) DC2 gsi/vtir are the brakes Im going to use, spewing they have the race discs avail for them and the front on my VTi doesnt have them avail, would have to upgrade to EK4 gear to do it, lol

my VTi the front brakes come std on the EJ8 USA model VTi (EX) w/abs

riruiz_88
29-06-2009, 02:21 PM
dosnt ur ride already have 262mm rotors? i thought that all EK/EJ/EM models had 262mm discs up front? i picked up DC2 gsi hubs for 80bucks man, dosnt have to be EK4.

EK1.6LCIV
29-06-2009, 02:45 PM
rotors for the ek4 dba kit are different to the VTi
there's no alternative in part numbers for some reason

riruiz_88
29-06-2009, 03:35 PM
hahah dba are silly man, i nearly ordered the wrong pads going off their catalog. so by vti you mean DC2 yeh? measure your rotors see if they are 262mm, might be wastin your time man.

EK1.6LCIV
29-06-2009, 04:23 PM
hahah dba are silly man, i nearly ordered the wrong pads going off their catalog. so by vti you mean DC2 yeh? measure your rotors see if they are 262mm, might be wastin your time man.

for the rears I havent ordered in anything yet, already checked the front all is good there, still for the best on the market theyre cheaper than Honda with less waiting time :)

the rears are the same as the eg/dc2/ek gli Ive been told

Bludger
03-07-2009, 01:01 AM
I thought oyu buy oem everything?

end7
03-07-2009, 02:21 PM
I thought oyu buy oem everything?

lolz

just so you know, slotted rotors will eat pads faster than blanks for daily duties.

BluEG
05-07-2009, 06:52 PM
EG6/DC2/EK4 (262mm) - all are dba474* rotors for the front.

just that pads are different between the models.

EK1.6LCIV
09-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Bludge,
Honda wanted $700 even with my discount so it was hardly worth it, another thing added to the list of what to outsource:
Rotors
Radiators
Driveshafts

lol

bought the oem pads and the 4000 series DBA rotors :) very happy

will def order the same brands for the rear

Bludger
09-07-2009, 07:45 PM
then stop bagging non oem stuff.

Honda outsources anyway.

stop bagging or you're the biggest hypocrite

90LAN
09-07-2009, 08:08 PM
endless sss pads for daily

EK1.6LCIV
10-07-2009, 07:24 AM
then stop bagging non oem stuff.

Honda outsources anyway.

stop bagging or you're the biggest hypocrite

they only resource when it would cost them an arm and a leg to make in their factories, but I wouldve bought them if they were say 500

Im hardly a hypocrite

endless sss pads for daily

baller shiz :)

DimitriAU
19-07-2009, 07:47 PM
honda pads are for daily drivin dude, 12 months is nothing for a pad. i have brembo slotted rotors all round with bendix ultimate pads. ...i personally wont be gettin them again.
are those 474X slotted, drilled?

I would not recommend bendex with genuine Honda or regular rotors ether. Bendex are harder therefore rotors will wear out not pads. Rotors will last less, like 3 times less then they do with (genuine Honda) pads designed for them. Besides because rotors will heat up more and uneven you may face serious problem during emergency braking.

EK1.6LCIV
20-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Im pretty stoked with the performace of the oem pads and these rotors :)