PDA

View Full Version : WAT DO I GET, NEED HELP FROM LUDE OWNERS

phils_herre
16-11-2003, 05:16 PM
hey all,
was thinking of getting an integra for a new car (bout 95 model)... i got around 12 - 16 grand to spend on a stock car coz i want to do some mods... However recently i have fallen in love with the prelude and they dont even need a body kit too look good...

was just wondering however wat is the performace of an Si compared to a Vtir... vtec would be preferable but do cost alot more than the Si... and wat is the difference between the Si and S... probably around 93-95 year model... From wat i know vtir - 140kw, Si - 118kw, S - 96kw...

Also anyone that owns a lude, do u have many problems with it and is it really expensive for parts... also do they go good against other cars, such as integras and lancers... cheers

luzinit
16-11-2003, 06:28 PM
16 grand, get a EK vtir civic :) hahahahha

phils_herre
16-11-2003, 06:30 PM
heyyyyyyyy now thats an idea... how to the ek vtir's go... neva thought of that one, mabe a 97 model... are they ne good?/

luzinit
16-11-2003, 06:33 PM
i got mine for bit under 17k, 98 model from dealer coupla months ago!

they go better than the non vtec preludes n integras u've been lookin at!!

i've seen them go for as low as 13500 but they can be had for 15k im sure.! ehehe

0-100 in about 8.5 or bit faster, i think.
118kw

lil bit of torque hahaha

phils_herre
16-11-2003, 06:37 PM
thats not bad 118kw... coz civics are light cars hey... u done ne mods to urs, im sure u could tweek it up to 125kw no probs with minor mods...

wat a good idea, theres a black one down the road actually but its 18-19 grand... so i might just have a shop around

can u feel the vtec kick in at all and wat do they redline at... my friends got a 01 type R and that goes hard... especially when the vtec kicks in..

luzinit
16-11-2003, 06:55 PM
thats not bad 118kw... coz civics are light cars hey... u done ne mods to urs, im sure u could tweek it up to 125kw no probs with minor mods...

wat a good idea, theres a black one down the road actually but its 18-19 grand... so i might just have a shop around

can u feel the vtec kick in at all and wat do they redline at... my friends got a 01 type R and that goes hard... especially when the vtec kicks in..

no mods as yet... yeh vtec kicks in 5500rpm and u can hear/feel it all the way after that, the vtec noise is more audible than compared to integra vtirs, well thats what i think anyways...

sounds awesome! hahah

BPA
16-11-2003, 08:19 PM
ud be surprised how the ek vti-r's go up against the other vtec honda's...due to their weight, they're pretty quick outta the box...and they handle like lil go-carts :D.
mod wise....heaps and heaps of aftermarket bolt ons availible.
imo ud be better off with an ek vtir with lower k's than a non-vtec prelude/integra or even a vtec one..but then again..im biased :wink:

cheers'
Sam

azjs
16-11-2003, 09:55 PM
S = 135hp
Si = 160hp
VTiR = 190hp

VTiRs are a hard find and you can guarantee that they've been thrashed to the heavesn 90% of the time. But they're a good car, and still hold their own with the newer cars for today. I'd agree that it's easier to make a lude look good - but there's not as much aftermarket support for the ludes as opposed the integras and civics out there today. Even with regards to engines, even though there is still growing support for H series engines, B series support far outweighs it...

An Si (or above) should beat a lancer, when mine used to be Si I could take em down... be mindful that opposed to civic counterparts, the prelude is a luxury sports coupe, so it's reknowned to be slightly heavy.

-az

phils_herre
16-11-2003, 10:10 PM
thats true... most older vtec's are gonna be 99% thrashed neways... so might stay away from them till i can get something a bit newer... still not sure whether to go the 94 Si prelude, 95 Gsi integra, 99 vt comodore or 98 vtir ek civic...

However for just over the price of a vtir civic i can get a stocky commodore, put a club sport kit on and some 18" ROH mags...

Damn it, problems would be solved if i could afford a newer vtec, lol... thanks for ur help az :D

azjs
16-11-2003, 10:39 PM
Well let's put it into perspective - what do you want out of your car? Getting from A to B without soemthing breaking? Speed? Future track purposes perhaps? For looks? A combination of all above?

Then there's the support, say you get a civic or a teggy, you've got all our support :) so if you have any questions, fire away basically...

And if you've got a lude, you can post here or in preludeaustralia, there's enthusiasts there that are aware of specific applications and capabilities of preludes in particular...

Commodore?

-az

phils_herre
16-11-2003, 11:45 PM
lol thats true... :roll: sorry lost my mind there for a bit... stupid comodores neways lol... wat must i have been thinking... stressed lol...

yeh not really for speed at this point in time hence gsi/si and no vtec... just looks for now with a nice kits and some wheels... sooo i might just see wats up here for sale as most dealers are even selling preludes for cheaper than the same year integras for watever reasons that is... (that is 93-95 yr models)...

was just concerned as i have heard that older ludes have problems... but its all good..

azjs
17-11-2003, 01:06 AM
Problems always come with age, but they're better if people know abou tit as then most of the time there will be a solution also :) Either way, check out the cars, and if you see anything peculiar, just ask on here :)

-az

vtk94lude
17-11-2003, 11:34 AM
if i had it all again, i'd go buy an EG or EK. but ludes are alrite, just when it comes to aftermarket parts, your limited compared to b series motors in civics/tegs

tanghy
17-11-2003, 11:41 AM
have u check ed if insurance will cover u?

i'd go for the ek vtri
1 vtec
2 cheap to run
3 small n fast

A'PEXi
20-11-2003, 01:34 PM
have seen a 94 vtir teg for 14k :D wheels&deals

phils_herre
21-11-2003, 02:23 PM
14k is cheap... i was looking up here in qld and some guy wanted 25k for a 98 teg vtir with a body kit and shitty wheels... id go the type R for 28-29k over that though...

however 14-16k is in my price limit as i want to mod it and a teg or lude would be greatly appreciated...

also does ne1 think that a white 1993 SRS prelude for $13 000 is a reasonable deal... no prior accidents and 2 previous owners... interior is clean and body is straight... 160km on the dash though and only serviced every 15-20 000km... tell us your thoughts

also wat sort of engine do that model have and does it go any good?

azjs
21-11-2003, 03:54 PM
SRS trim level has - SRS. But on top of that it should either be an Si or VTiR.

I'm taking a guess that it's an Si since VTiRs came with SRS as standard.

How long has the owner had the car for? how old is the owner? 15-20K service is too long an interval in my opinion.

-az

94vtirozguy
22-11-2003, 12:46 PM
SRS trim level has - SRS. But on top of that it should either be an Si or VTiR.

I'm taking a guess that it's an Si since VTiRs came with SRS as standard.

How long has the owner had the car for? how old is the owner? 15-20K service is too long an interval in my opinion.

-az

if it is Aus release then it's not VTIR, VTIR first came in 94 here in australia.

D_Lude
28-11-2003, 10:14 AM
if i had my time again I would probably go for a 4th gen (purely for the dash) but I'm still happy with my 5th gen....

It all depends on what you're after...

* performance
* luxury options
* aftermarket support
* spare part availability

:)

phils_herre
28-11-2003, 05:03 PM
well insurance is a problem seeing im 24 and havent had insurance for a few years... whoops, not my fault i lost several licences, too many police :x

yeh im in love with those dashes, :P ... they look sweet as...

id get a 5gen but no money as i am a uni bum... vtir 5gen lude= big $$$