PDA

View Full Version : JDM B16A >> ELD PRoblem..

VTEChnique
07-11-2004, 01:04 AM
hi team,

as some of you may be aware, have had a few minor glitches with my swap.

most sorted out, but am having trouble with the ELD.

as far as I can tell it is located within the under-hood fuse box, and may need to be replaced ?

hmm anyway in case you dont know, it's a JDM SiR-II B16A into a RG VTi.

any help greatly appreciated..

McChook
07-11-2004, 01:21 AM
ELD???
Engine light??

KB
07-11-2004, 04:53 AM
Electronic Load Detector.

Have You checked Every Fuse??
Can Anyone Explain what exactly the ELD code is about?

tinkerbell
07-11-2004, 03:52 PM
ELD is a feedback loop for the ECU to know what is going on electrically i.e. are the lights on, the demister on, the radio, the brake lights etc.

all these put a load on the engine and the ELD is supposed to even these out so the engine idle is smoother.

i think it effects IAC valve and changes the injector pulse width to try to reduce the impact of electric load changes on idle...

SO

yes, it is likely to be in the underhood fuse box and seems to be a seperate componant - so just swap it with your mates one and see if the problem goes away - or borrow one from a wrecker to see... (buy it if it goes away)

here is where it is located: http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/data/2/106ELDpicture.jpg

with the ign on - there should be volatage between the blk/yel and black wire terminals in the picture.

if no voltage, there is a short or broken wire...

if there is voltage - test the voltage of the middle wire and the chassis - should be about 4.5v

if none, there is a broken wire to the ECU (ECU pin D10)

let us know what you figure out.

more in-depth info to follow (as required)

tinkerbell
08-11-2004, 08:55 PM
do you neeed more info?

ECU-MAN
09-11-2004, 08:04 PM
AUDM civics did not come with ELD, ELD was a JDM thing,
ELD also determins the output of the altenator and like tinkerbell said IACV compensates for engine load.

send me your ECU I can FIX

VTEChnique
10-11-2004, 12:50 AM
sorry I havnt been able to check the forums as they cut-off my internet access at work - apparently I was considered to be online too often, yet my productivity had not suffered.. pfftt beaurocrats hahaa

hmm well if it's there on the JDM model, it must be there for a reason.. though we looked at a US-spec manual on saturday and it DID have ELD in the wiring diagram etc.
From what we COULD tell it was located in same spot as tink's diagram but the one posted above is better detail as the US manual was not OEM.

yes tink as usual your in depth fountain of knowledge is greatly needed haha
i havnt got a multimeter on it yet etc. busy at work.

ECU man I may still need your services though.. need to talk to you about a couple of other 'features'..

tinkerbell
10-11-2004, 02:50 PM
ECU-MAN should be able to chip any codes away...

the reason it is there is to smooth out the idle... thats all...

ECU-MAN
10-11-2004, 09:37 PM
just PM me when ever you want dude.

USDM may also have it as well. Honda have done weird things for there own resons ( cost I say ) AUDM 95 Preludes VTiR have ELD as well this is why H22Aers in accords get ELD codes with stock ECU. JDM and USDM ECU have Injector test circuit, but anyway its good to see that Honda do things differently for different modles and generations of cars not like AU manufacturs using the same ECU for 8 years and same engine for over 10. :)

VTEChnique
10-11-2004, 10:56 PM
yeah i dont want to chip-away the ELD, I want to fix it.. but may need to chip-away other codes..

I am throwing O2 sensor heater code also :(

ECU-MAN
10-11-2004, 11:29 PM
you will then need to put the JDM fues box in, of adapt the ELD to the AUDM Fuesbox

waist of time IMO

ECU-MAN
10-11-2004, 11:35 PM
measure the resistance of the O2 heater. then also mesure it at the correct pins at the ecu, this does a channel test of you wiring loom. and makes sure you got it wired correcly, or you r sensor could just be rooted