PDA

View Full Version : Skunk2 Pro-S Full Coilover Kit, 04-08 CL9

mofolo
30-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Hey euro owners.

Quick question: I'm considering purchasing Skunk2 Pro-S for my CL9..

Does anyone have any tips/ reviews on them? Comfort? How low can they go?

I've run a search, but there is little information about Skunk2 for CL9's.

If anyone has them, please drop a line or PM me.

Crapdaz
30-06-2009, 05:50 PM
why not try querying the U.S websites, since skunk2 is a u.s product.

mofolo
30-06-2009, 08:32 PM
I gave all the TSX forums a go. Skunk2 Promoters are everywhere on their forums. I can't tell what's genuine user experience to marketed junk..

Skunks are probably the most affordable coil over, but i dont want to sacrifice ride comfort.

kimnkk
01-07-2009, 01:14 AM
Got a link to them? I was considering some Tein Super Streets when i get back to Aus but if its cheaper and ride comfort doesn't suffer too much then i'm all for it :D

mofolo
01-07-2009, 01:20 AM
http://www.heeltoeauto.com/Skunk2-Full-Coilover-Kit-Pro-Series-04-08-TSX-541-05-5880-pr-46438.html

After import + vat + additional crap..

your looking at about $1.1~1.3k

aaronng
01-07-2009, 01:38 AM
If you want your car to be as comfortable as it is now, get good springs and shocks. Coilovers usually have springs that are much stiffer and reduces ride comfort.

felixd
01-07-2009, 01:40 AM
hmm i suppose they would be hard and harsh for the street application. best is to get sumthing better for the street :) like tein SS or N+ or even BC Coilovers

mofolo
01-07-2009, 01:43 AM
SS's are good, but they dont go very low. One of my mates has them and he always complains about not being low enough.

And N+'s are ridiculously expensive. I'm pretty sure you can get different spring rates for the Skunk2 Coil-overs. What would be the best spring rate to maintain comfort?

felixd
01-07-2009, 02:59 AM
try BC coilovers they are the replica of the N+ but bit stiffer by not much :)

mofolo
01-07-2009, 03:01 AM
.. those replicas you find on ebay?

felixd
01-07-2009, 03:13 AM
yeah mang or even tanabe sustec :D

crunkman99
01-07-2009, 02:00 PM
just get racing logic's :) there pretty decent. dont think they are road legal tho casue there is a sticker saying not for street use on the :s

TRaNz
01-07-2009, 04:43 PM
mmm, your mate that has the Tein SS is a douche, go deck him and tell him his car is P.O.S. =]
Honestly, go up to his car and see how it sits, if you like how it sits, then itd be fine. As for ride comfort. Tein SS are almost, not exactly, but almost like stock. Actually few members on here say they are a bit too soft....but they're into the realli stiffer stuff for track usage.
Dont do any replica C/O's it could just end up in tears for you.
Omitting, Tein Flex n BC N+ out of the picture coz its probably too stiff and will cost u an arm and leg + dim sum. Wasnt it a while back that some people were saying the Skunk2 had squeaking issues? Might have been on TSXClub i read it.
JDMConcept are selling Tanabes that are well priced and from the specs can go quite low. As of course, i havent been in a car with them myself so cant exactly comment on the ride comfort.
How much you willing to spend up for Coils?

tony1234
01-07-2009, 06:11 PM
If you want your car to be as comfortable as it is now, get good springs and shocks. Coilovers usually have springs that are much stiffer and reduces ride comfort.
Wise words.Get a good spring/shock combo instead.

mofolo
08-07-2009, 11:46 AM
mmm, your mate that has the Tein SS is a douche, go deck him and tell him his car is P.O.S. =]

lmao. I'll let him know. lol. Nice Avatar btw. I could of sworn i've seen a car like that in the loading dock of my local coles. lol

Yeah, im gonna get the tanabe's. I'm also getting the rear camber kit by J's Racing.

Goodbye money :(

kitbkk
08-07-2009, 12:09 PM
I could of sworn i've seen a car like that in the loading dock of my local coles. lol
LOL:p

Tein SS has very good ride comfort:thumbsup:
TRaNz doesn't like it just because they don't go low enough for him hehe

mofolo
08-07-2009, 12:39 PM
LOL:p

Tein SS has very good ride comfort:thumbsup:
TRaNz doesn't like it just because they don't go low enough for him hehe

:thumbsup: sweet ride man.

The teins SS's and tanabes have the same spring rate, except the tanabes are a bit softer at the rear.
lets hope they're not shittt. I've heard some good reviews about them.

felixd
09-07-2009, 02:29 AM
LULs invest in buddyclub N+ then i guarantee you when u got it just set damper to 10 front / 8 rear clicks its so comfy ,not as harsh as people thinks :) it wil be hard on the street if you play around with the spring rate which i dont suggest u to do. Cuz i had them b4 on my car test drove my frend n they cannot believe how good n comfy it is even on the lowest settings

mofolo
09-07-2009, 03:06 AM
Felixd, i'd love tooo...but, im not made of money..

Care to shout me a set? lol

felixd
09-07-2009, 03:14 AM
hihihihi :/ hmm sorry dude i sold mine to a friend

mofolo
09-07-2009, 03:18 AM
Dammn. lol, All good. The 10 front / 8 rear clicks is exactly the same specs as Skunk2.

I assume that clicks mean Spring rate right? lol

felixd
09-07-2009, 03:50 AM
Dammn. lol, All good. The 10 front / 8 rear clicks is exactly the same specs as Skunk2.

I assume that clicks mean Spring rate right? lol

nono that is not the spring rate its damper settings the spring rate of the buddyclub n+ i think its +-12kg f / +-9kg r correct me if im wrong

Crapdaz
09-07-2009, 11:44 AM
clicks = damper settings (anti clockwise - soft; clockwise - stiffer)
spring rates = fixed rate from manufacturer

spring rates are different for each brand of coilover,
i found the tein ss and koni softest followed by BC N+ then tein flex and MFP.